Platinum door decorations

mgm3430

I always decorate our cabin door with the theme of where we're going, but I'm getting ready for my 1st platinum cruise. And I need ideas of what I can decorate my door with for my 1st platinum cruise. I'm going to use silver as the color since it's the same color as platinum (or close enough).

Right now I'm leaning toward huge silver bows (plentiful now at Christmas time) and stars I can write things on.

Any ideas would be great!!

I was also thinking of making a Platinum corsage to wear on embarkation day with ribbon, etc. I know that sounds crazy, but I've waited a long time to finally make it to platinum and I'm going to celebrate!!!

If you have any pictures of platinum decorated doors or any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

This will be my 2nd cruise as a platinum member and I can't wait. I want to also decorate my door, can you use tape, and would a wreath hanger fit on the door?

I don't believe a wreath hanger would fit the door. We use double-sided tape and also duct tape works and both will not hurt the door.

• 7 months later...
Not always, I had one of those car door magnets made & we have only be able to use the twice out of about 7 cruises.

Worse, I had large (8 x 10") door magnets made for our group cruise of 40. Imagine my surprise when I discovered they did not work on my balcony cabin doors. It was odd, because they worked on the interior cabin doors the year before.

Oh well, back to tape. :o

But to the OP... how about on your first port, find a copy shop and have a color copy of your Platinum Sign and Sail card, blown up to 8 x 10", laminate, and post on your door. Perhaps obscure any vital info.

(Didn't say it was a 'good' idea.... ;))

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For our door, I purchased a cheap paper tablecloth, cut the border off one side...used it across top & bottom of our stateroom door. it is fun to see how many make it the entire cruise. a long time ago i bought a banner to celebrate an anniversary; then another for going platinum. then for new ships, now i have to buy one for the magic as well.

Archived