Majesty of the Seas 12/24-12/17- Review with Pictures

I am not a kid, I'm 27.

I'm going to have to show these to my daughter, she will soon be 27 and then shortly after that will be her first wedding anniversary. I'm sure both of you would have trouble getting into an R rated movie without ID :D We recently took her and her husband to the movies and the teller charged me 3 adults and 1 child.

We proceeded to the rock wall, where there was no indication of a Walk for Wishes event. I asked the girl at the waiver stand and she told me they are just selling the shirts and not doing the walk. I'm not really sure why,

Same with my recent cruise. I blame the activities director Nikki. She seemed great back in 07, but seems a lot less into her job on my cruise in November. Ricky was the CD back then and still seems to enjoy his job. Perhaps she thought she could be CD by now. :confused:

Same with my recent cruise. I blame the activities director Nikki. She seemed great back in 07, but seems a lot less into her job on my cruise in November. Ricky was the CD back then and still seems to enjoy his job. Perhaps she thought she could be CD by now. :confused:

Very interesting, the only time I saw her was on the morning show. Ricky was at all the events and even sang and danced in the Holiday Show.

Cleared up the onboard account issue, so now I can get back to my review :)

We hung out in the Spectrum Theater for a while after the C&A Party. Actually until it was time for dinner. The ship was rocking quite a bit this evening. Captain said there were 30 mph winds combined with the ship's movement. He advised not to go out on open decks.

DH and I talked with one of my mom's friends for a while and then headed down to dinner.

Here was the menu-

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

I had the Eggplant & Roma Tomato Bake. It's small, but I was thankful because I saw my favorite dessert on the menu for tonight!

IMG_4325.jpg

and my favorite dessert was slightly overcooked this evening. I like it a little more gooey. Thats Warm Chocolate Cake.

IMG_4335.jpg

Tonight was our "fun" night in the dinning room. My mom's boyfriend is a bit of a jokester and has a fork that extends to a few feet long. He decided to use said fork to reach over and take something from my mom's friend's plate. Come to think of it.... this was actually Christmas night that I took this picture, but he did it again on the 26th.

147.jpg

We had napkin fights...

199.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

After dinner we went to see the Comedian. Of all the cruises I have been on they usually have fairly good comedians that make me laugh so I was looking forward to it. The last cruise we went on (Liberty in November) there was one terrible comedian and one very funny one.

So we sit down and get fairly decent seats. 3rd row I would guesstimate. Picture below was from the 1st night, not the last night. I am including it to show the theater.

IMG_4162.jpg

So the lights go down and Ricky Matthew the CD comes out to introduce the comedian- none other than Billy Garan. Gee... that name sounds familiar.

The comedian steps out on stage and OH NO! It's the same horrible, obnoxious, screamer from the Liberty! DH and I immediately looked at each other with worry. We were in the middle of our packed row and 3rd row. Theres no way we could leave without being seen. :eek:

When I mentioned this guy in my Liberty review a few people agreed with me here on CC, and a lot of people on the ship left during his show on the Liberty, so I know DH and I were not crazy or imagining his terrible show. In fact there were minimal laughs from the audience on the Liberty. So we ended up sitting through his EXACT same show on Majesty- here is the basic run down (my opinion of course):

He's very NY/NJ in his mannerisms.

Scream at the audience for over an hour about random things.

Talk a mile a minute.

Tell jokes that were way too old for most of the audience to understand, including us.

Make strange shouting noises.

Make the toupee flip backwards.

Do impressions that aren't funny and last 3 seconds.

Personally, it was torture. I don't mind adult comedy, I love to laugh. I hate being screamed at.

But this guy was obnoxious and must have either a) snorted some cocaine before coming on stage or b) must have downed some speed beforehand. I don't know what else to say except I hope I never have to sit through it again!!!

So after the comedian we went back to our room to sleep. For some reason I wasn't able to sleep this final evening. I don't know if it was the bed, the fact that we had to get off the ship in the morning, or that I was coming down with a little something. I was literally up watching TV all night. At about 3am the TVS all went to a standard disembarkation screen on every channel. I couldn't watch TV anymore and this is when I got cranky. I tossed and turned, listened to my iPod, etc.

Finally 7:30 came around and I woke DH up. We went with my mom to the Windjammer for one last breakfast and then headed off the ship. Customs wasn't a breeze. It seems like the Port of Miami doesn't quite have a handle on it lately. While on the Liberty we used Priority Debarkation and had no issue, but because we were with my mom and her BF (Gold) we left the ship with them to make it easier. It took us close to an hour to get from ship to my car- on the first floor on the parking garage.

I am sure there are things I left out, but I have a headache and this head cold is really bugging me.

Overall I loved the ship, never once did I feel like I was on an older ship. Majesty is kept in great condition.

We went to the Bahamas on the Carnival Imagination in January of this year and would much prefer the Majesty for a Bahamas run. I like the Coco Cay stop and the ship was a lot nicer.

I have tons of pictures of nearly every room on the ship (not cabin.... public rooms including Adventure Ocean). So if you have a request I will gladly post it here. If you have questions feel free to ask I will do my best at answering.

So what's up next for us?

Well, we are going on the Allure next Christmas (12/18-12/25), but we have nothing planned in between. I don't think we'll be cruising in 2011 other than the Allure. DH said he is sick of Windjammer breakfasts and wants to try other lines. He has nothing against Royal Caribbean, he just wants to test other waters to see if there is something we like better. I know for certain he has his eye on NCL Epic. We toured it when it first came to Miami and he was really giddy about it. I, on the other hand, am not so sure. I am always willing to try new things, so we may give it a go in 2012.

We have a lot of land trips planned this year.

Dallas in March- my dad moved there 2 an 1/2 years ago and we haven't been out there yet.

D.C. in June for me.

Vegas in July because DH has a conference out there and I've never been.

Thank you SO much. I felt like I was there with you and you have eased most of my first timer nerves. I would LOVE to see all your pictures. I haven't quite figured out this board yet, but can we exchange emails or facebooks? Thanks again! Kim

Search for me on Facebook: Smiley Perry. You'll know it's the right one when you see a picture of me on a surfboard.

"D.C. in June for me. "

Great review! It must be so nice to be able to plan cruises without the hassle of flights and night before hotel stays!

I remember you saying you were a teacher, and then you said you were going to DC in June. Are you going on one of the 8th grade school trips to DC? It seems like alot of schools do that trip in June! I'll be there in June with my daughters school trip!

Thanks for taking the time to write the review. It was great fun to read!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am going on the Monarch in a couple of weeks. It was nice hearing about her sister!

I love using brandy when I make sangria. What kind of Brandy was your mom looking for, and what is the name of the liquor store in Nassau? I would like to get some.

Thanks again!

We're in Boca Raton, a little north of you.

They weren't making crepes in Compass Deli on this trip. There was only one day we could get Crepes and that was Sunday in the Windjammer (downstairs).

Hi "neighbors", we're not far from either of you in Weston.

We went on the 12/17th Majesty cruise and I did not see crepes there on our trip, but I have to admit I was not really looking and we only stopped there once.

However, the MDR was open for lunch on the Coco Cay day (saturday). Not sure if it was because it was kind of cool out so a number of people did not get off, or if this is something they do regularly.

Your really close to me in Cooper. I was on the 12/3 sailing and we had custom crepes everyday in the compass deli. We missed out on cococay due to bad weather.

Hi "neighbors", we're not far from either of you in Weston.

We went on the 12/17th Majesty cruise and I did not see crepes there on our trip, but I have to admit I was not really looking and we only stopped there once.

However, the MDR was open for lunch on the Coco Cay day (saturday). Not sure if it was because it was kind of cool out so a number of people did not get off, or if this is something they do regularly.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am going on the Monarch in a couple of weeks. It was nice hearing about her sister!

I love using brandy when I make sangria. What kind of Brandy was your mom looking for, and what is the name of the liquor store in Nassau? I would like to get some.

Thanks again!

Mount Gay Sugar Cane Brandy. They probably won't have any more. We bought the 4 bottles they had. Mount Gay no longer manufactures it.

I have no idea the name of the store. If you walk to Bay Street and hang a right. It's going to be on the right side of the street. There are 2 liquor stores, it's the first one I always find it in.

Great review! Especially the pictures.

I have one question: What did you have to do to get your whole group seated together at dinner? I too am in a group of 11 sailing the Majesty in July. I was told by RCCL that the largest table only accomodates 10.

Great review! Especially the pictures.

I have one question: What did you have to do to get your whole group seated together at dinner? I too am in a group of 11 sailing the Majesty in July. I was told by RCCL that the largest table only accomodates 10.

I was told the same thing, but I know better. Is your reservation set up as a group? Or are each of you booked on your own and planning to dine together? If you're working with a travel agent, tell them to put it in for everyone to be together. If your working straight through Royal, then they send you seating paperwork, request it yourself on that paperwork.

We were booked as a group and when the group paperwork came through I wrote on it that everyone wanted to sit together. We were squeezed into a table for 10. Thankfully some of us are small :)

There was a group next to us of 12, they were at two tables next to each other on the 1st night. They requested that they form one large table and the MDR did just that. On the second night they were sitting at one large table. They are pretty good at accommodating what they can.

Great review! Thanks for posting. We were on a b2b2b (12-10 to 12-20) and had a blast. This ship is a favorite. Great for our girls cruise - and very relaxing if you just want to get away and not do much but enjoy being on a ship. The crew was very accommodating, great service, a great getaway. Ricky is indeed very energetic!! By the way - crepes are not advertised on the wall in the Compass Deli - there is a menu on the tables. We ate them several times during that time - love the Chocolate Mousse.

We are hoping the Majesty is around for quite awhile longer!! Thanks again. Mary

I love the review so far, we leave on this cruise in 5 days and you're answering a number of questions we had! We've been on larger ships, in inside cabins and in balcony cabins, so we don't mind the inside guarantee we got for this one...it's allowing us to cruise for the 3rd time in a year!

I was told the same thing, but I know better. Is your reservation set up as a group? Or are each of you booked on your own and planning to dine together? If you're working with a travel agent, tell them to put it in for everyone to be together. If your working straight through Royal, then they send you seating paperwork, request it yourself on that paperwork.

We were booked as a group and when the group paperwork came through I wrote on it that everyone wanted to sit together. We were squeezed into a table for 10. Thankfully some of us are small :)

There was a group next to us of 12, they were at two tables next to each other on the 1st night. They requested that they form one large table and the MDR did just that. On the second night they were sitting at one large table. They are pretty good at accommodating what they can.

Thank you again for the info. I asked an RCCL representative about putting tables together to make a large on and was told it couldn't be done. Perhaps the Matre' D can override corporate?

We ended up sitting in this area. Between Compass Deli & Johnny Rockets, somewhat hidden. If you go past the counter at the Deli and hang a right after the 1/2 wall. Comfy, Quiet, and relaxing!!

IMG_4112.jpg

Soooo jealous! I never saw this when the boyfriend and I went back in August! I would've LIVED in this spot!

Your recap is fantastic, makes me miss Majesty and "homesick" even more!

Archived