Majesty of the Seas 12/24-12/17- Review with Pictures

We're in Boca Raton, a little north of you.

They weren't making crepes in Compass Deli on this trip. There was only one day we could get Crepes and that was Sunday in the Windjammer (downstairs).

I used to live in Boynton Beach. We were almost sorta neighbors.

first of all, you are super adorable! i love your details and all the personal input (DH napping diaries, lol).

i have a question about your deck. i've cruised once before, so i'm not super new to it all but i'm certainly no expert. when you're on deck 2 do you in anyway feel like you're a zillion miles from food and life and all that? if you had your druthers and tons of money would you prefer an ocean view?

the one time we cruised we did an interior room, and this time i thought we would splurge and do an ocean view, but everything i'm reading is telling me to save my money! i liked the idea of being on deck 8 close to everything, but is it noisy?

what, in your opinion, is the best deck to room?

this trip is a big deal for us...first time away with NO KIDS!!!! my dh just turned 40 (i'm 31) and this was his birthday present! so i want everythig to be as close to perfect as possible, no pressure on me for such expectations haha.

i have like 79347395 more questions but i'll just bug you with this ranting for now :p

first of all, you are super adorable! i love your details and all the personal input (DH napping diaries, lol).

i have a question about your deck. i've cruised once before, so i'm not super new to it all but i'm certainly no expert. when you're on deck 2 do you in anyway feel like you're a zillion miles from food and life and all that? if you had your druthers and tons of money would you prefer an ocean view?

the one time we cruised we did an interior room, and this time i thought we would splurge and do an ocean view, but everything i'm reading is telling me to save my money! i liked the idea of being on deck 8 close to everything, but is it noisy?

what, in your opinion, is the best deck to room?

this trip is a big deal for us...first time away with NO KIDS!!!! my dh just turned 40 (i'm 31) and this was his birthday present! so i want everythig to be as close to perfect as possible, no pressure on me for such expectations haha.

i have like 79347395 more questions but i'll just bug you with this ranting for now :p

We had a deck 2 OV 3 weekends ago. To be honest, the ship just is not that big. It's no big deal. We were waaay forward with our room, and did not have any problem with getting to anything. The Centrum is well located on the ship, and no matter where you room is it's not that much of a walk to it. The elevators there go all the way up/down (outside of the viking lounge in the rear), so it is easy to access any of the food places. The restaurant will be just a deck or two up, and the centrum elevators go right to the windjammer buffet area.

We usually do an oceanview, but only if the price is not much different between them and an interior. It's not worth much to upgrade for a short cruise, so if the OV is more then just a bit more then an interior, don't bother. Plus an inside room is great for naps during the day (just bring your own clock you can see in the dark) Also, don't pick an oceanview on Deck 7, you will need to keep the blinds closed as it looks right onto the outdoor promenade and people can look right into your room. Deck 8 (and 9? not sure) may be obstructed view from the lifeboats.

I would save the cash, go interior, and spend the rest on having fun.

Your really close to me in Cooper. I was on the 12/3 sailing and we had custom crepes everyday in the compass deli. We missed out on cococay due to bad weather.

Hi in Cooper, we had looked through their once and drive by that area from time to time.

Man I missed them I guess. We just went on again 1/7 and only got by the deli once. We also missed CocoCay on the 1/7th cruise because of bad weather. It was too windy/wavy for the tenders to run. We ended up going straight to Nassau and got in around 7pm and stayed through the next day on the regular port day.

we had the same issue with weather on our 12/3

Hi in Cooper, we had looked through their once and drive by that area from time to time.

Man I missed them I guess. We just went on again 1/7 and only got by the deli once. We also missed CocoCay on the 1/7th cruise because of bad weather. It was too windy/wavy for the tenders to run. We ended up going straight to Nassau and got in around 7pm and stayed through the next day on the regular port day.

• 10 months later...
My comment was not in any was dissing the first timers, I just noticed not many repeaters were onboard. If you choose MTD it is recommended that you make a reservation for each night. You can do this on the Royal Caribbean website- pre-cruise planner area. Although every time I have done MTD early (6pm-ish) there has never been a wait issue. No reservations are needed for lunch- the main dining room is only open for breakfast and dinner. Lunch is in the Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, Compass, or Sorrento's. There is a complimentary BBQ lunch on Coco Cay.

I understand the shakes, I get them too! I also get cranky when I get the shakes. So DH knows when I'm getting short with him it's time to find food.

You can also call each morning. We usually look things over, see how the day is going to be, then call and make a reservation. Never had any problems!

Archived