***VIDEOS*** of Our Summit Southern Caribbean Cruise Dec 11 – 18, 2010

mathgeek1978

VIDEO #1: Concierge Class Cabin

This is a short clip showing a concierge class CC3 cabin with some of its amenities, such as the champagne and canapés. The sushi at the end of the video is not part of the canapés, but since it’s over such a beautiful sunset, I have included it as it would be a nice ending to the video.

Here’s Video #1:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/1/jb986VPRF2M

Video #2: Christmas Boat Parade

Now this is something that you don’t see on every cruise, so you really don’t want to miss it. On the evening of embarkation, the San Juan Yacht Club (Club Nautico de San Juan) was having its annual Christmas Boat Parade which could be seen around 6PM from the port side of the ship (sail away was at 8:30PM). I knew about this before the cruise but I think it was very nice of the CD to make an announcement so all the passengers would know about it.

Here’s the Christmas Boat Parade:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/29TIU9oVbgs

Video #3 St. Croix

We flew in to San Juan on a red eye with very little rest and the very next day was our first of five consecutive ports. So we decided to just take it easy. We spent a leisurely morning at the beautiful waterfront of Christiansted where the water was so clear that you could see the fishes. Over there you could take a seaplane to St. Thomas or a short boat ride to the Hotel on the Cay. In the afternoon we just walked around Frederiksted where the ship docked.

Here’s video #3:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/7QWAn3nc9e0

I was going to post the Celebrity Today programs but the files are too large to post and they will also take up too much space. So I am just going to post the activities grid, since that will provide most of the info that most people need. If you want something specific, please just ask, and I will find out for you.

Here's day one, San Juan, Puerto Rico:

CelebrityTodayPuertoRico.jpg

The St. Kitts terminal area has plenty of shops and is one of the better built shopping centers in this itinerary. At 0:31 into the video, you'll see "Cyber Link" which is an Internet cafe. It is literally a one-minute walk from the terminal.

Here's video #4:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/pRgy5UFjwy4

Video #5: Latin Theme Deck Party “Sizzle”

The deck party was held on the third night (St. Kitts) on the pool deck and it featured the party band Fusion and the Celebrity Summit dancers. I didn’t shoot a whole lot of videos that night, but I do have a really good one here to show you that the party was HOT and everyone there was having a great time.

Here’s the deck party, and you really don’t want to miss this one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/0abW5HVjuY0

Hi, thanks for sharing your videos with us:D. I am going back on Summit

in February:). I sailed her twice this year and looking forward to

this upcoming cruise very much. Both Sandi's (Library Lady) review

and now your video are terrific:)

Thanks again!

Hi, thanks for sharing your videos with us:D. I am going back on Summit

in February:). I sailed her twice this year and looking forward to

this upcoming cruise very much. Both Sandi's (Library Lady) review

and now your video are terrific:)

Thanks again!

You are very welcome. If there's anything that you want me to find out from the Celebrity Today daily programs, please let me know and I'll be happy to scan that page for you.

Video #6: Dominica

We took an island tour and visited the Botanical Garden to see that school bus crushed by a tree, which most tourists who pass by take a picture of. We then hiked to the Trafalgar Falls, followed by a short walk to Sulphur Spring. Our final stop was at Morne Bruce, which offered a panoramic view of the beautiful island.

Here’s video #6:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/TotJrBp162s

Video #7: Grenada

We took a private tour by taxi (only $50 for half a day) to first do some spice shopping. Then we went to see Annandale Falls. There you will find “divers” offering to jump from a cliff next to the waterfalls for a couple of dollars. And yes, I managed to capture this jump on video so make sure you don’t miss it. The guide then took us to a fort which offered a panoramic view of the island. Our last stop was Grand Anse Beach by our request. From there, we took a water taxi back to the ship.

Happy New Year!

Here’s video #7:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978?feature=mhum#p/u/0/aJctSE154lQ

Hi, continuing to enjoy your videos:) would you recall who the Captain's Club Hostess was on board your sailing?

I know they change according to when contracts are up and stuff but wondering who the person was on December's cruises.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR:D

Thanks for sharing the videos.....well done!:)

I noticed on the programs that it is listed that the basketball court has free play for about 30 minutes each day......do you know if the court has more open hours during the day??

Do you know what time the gym opens daily? Thanks!

Hi, continuing to enjoy your videos:) would you recall who the Captain's Club Hostess was on board your sailing?

I know they change according to when contracts are up and stuff but wondering who the person was on December's cruises.

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR:D

Happy New Year to you too!

Her first name is Donna, and I can't recall her last name.

We leave 3 weeks from today and just love watching your videos. Every island looks so beautiful. What was your favorite island?

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy the videos. Every island has its own uniqueness and it's really hard to pick a favorite island. However, I do have a favorite beach -- Pigeon Point Beach in Tobago. I'll be posting that video next.

Thanks for sharing the videos.....well done!:)

I noticed on the programs that it is listed that the basketball court has free play for about 30 minutes each day......do you know if the court has more open hours during the day??

Do you know what time the gym opens daily? Thanks!

I've checked the dailies but cannot find additional hours on the basketball court, but I do recall seeing people play there during the day.

The gym is open daily from 6AM to 11PM.

I have checked the "Hours of Operations" and they are pretty much the same everyday. So I'll be posting one of those for those who are interested.

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy the videos. Every island has its own uniqueness and it's really hard to pick a favorite island. However, I do have a favorite beach -- Pigeon Point Beach in Tobago. I'll be posting that video next.

Oh goody:D because I want to go there next month too! Did you go

on your own? If so, how much was the cab?

Archived