Fast answers please

marcruiser

Sorry to put pressure on for fast answers, but we're trying to figure out what we're doing. Are there any shady areas outside (on deck) lounges or other chairs? Everything around pool looks sunny, don't care about pool but must have shade. Thanks.

Marcruiser,

I am like you and prefer the shade to the sun. There are a couple of different areas that I use when aboard ship. The promenade deck has some deck chairs on it and what I would do is find a chair there in the shade and when the sun started to hit me, I would switch to the other side of the ship. Also on the pool deck there are areas on both sides of the ship that have shade. There are no deck chairs, but there are tables and chairs and I do the same thing there. Sit in the shade until the sun hits me and then move to the other side. I like to read outside so I look for a shady spot. Good Luck.

some NCL ships (ie Pearl and Gem plus others?) have a covered outdoor area at the stern on the pool deck level. Some of the tables at the outside bar above the pool as found on some NCL ships have a shade cover. Both the Dawn and the Pearl have shaded areas on either side of the pool...I think all NCL ships have that feature.

The sun moves, and subsequently, so does the shade. Well, actually, the sun doesn't move, the earth does. Well, actually, the whole thing is hurtling through space, but the end result is: the shade moves. We always found shade.

The majority of NCL ships have a covered area with tables and chairs near the pool. The Jewel definitely has this. If I remember correctly there was also a chaise area near the outside pool windows that was roofed.

Sorry to put pressure on for fast answers, but we're trying to figure out what we're doing. Are there any shady areas outside (on deck) lounges or other chairs? Everything around pool looks sunny, don't care about pool but must have shade. Thanks.

Yes every ship has a lot of covered areas with chairs and lounges. The problem, getting one. It seems they are all taken by 9am or earlier except on port days.

Nita

Archived