I can't believe...

jaybird from SC

I can't believe that nobody on these boards has stayed at Hampton Inn City Center in FLL. Would sure like to hear some reviews. Thanks

Maybe someone has but most seem to stay at the hotels closer to the port... 17th St. area or near the water or airport. Your hotel is several miles north of the port area and more inland...

Maybe someone has but most seem to stay at the hotels closer to the port... 17th St. area or near the water or airport. Your hotel is several miles north of the port area and more inland...

Perhaps we disagree on what "several" means: In my opinion, this hotel is not "several miles north of the port". It is about 2 miles north and 1 mile east of the entrance of Port Everglades. This hotel is in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale very near the Las Olas Blvd area. I have never stayed at this hotel, so I cannot speak to anything regarding the rooms, service, etc. But, this hotel is only a 10-minute (if that) cab ride to the port entrance.

I can't believe that nobody on these boards has stayed at Hampton Inn City Center in FLL. Would sure like to hear some reviews. Thanks

If no one posts, you can go to tripadvisor and see what people say. or maybe search these boards for that hampton?

Good luck

ML

Sorry Jay - missed your post the other day... if you mean the Hampton on Andrews, then Yes, I have stayed there. This is my review from 2 years ago:

Considering the high price for hotels in Fort Lauderdale this hotel is good value. While not on or near the beaches it is a good choice for a precruise night if finances are a consideration. The rooms are very clean and the beds/linens wonderful. They offer a hearty buffet breakfast from 6-10 a.m. consisting of fruit/yogurt/muffins,breads,toast/cereals, eggs with biscuits and gravy - another added value. There is a Publix a few blocks away if you have forgotten anything for your trip and they do offer a shuttle to the cruise port in the morning. We called a cab, however as the lineup for the shuttle seemed very long. Staff was friendly and courteous and we would definately stay here again.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your stay. Jayna K

Sorry Jay - missed your post the other day... if you mean the Hampton on Andrews, then Yes, I have stayed there. This is my review from 2 years ago:

Considering the high price for hotels in Fort Lauderdale this hotel is good value. While not on or near the beaches it is a good choice for a precruise night if finances are a consideration. The rooms are very clean and the beds/linens wonderful. They offer a hearty buffet breakfast from 6-10 a.m. consisting of fruit/yogurt/muffins,breads,toast/cereals, eggs with biscuits and gravy - another added value. There is a Publix a few blocks away if you have forgotten anything for your trip and they do offer a shuttle to the cruise port in the morning. We called a cab, however as the lineup for the shuttle seemed very long. Staff was friendly and courteous and we would definately stay here again.

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy your stay. Jayna K

Thanks Jaynak...That was helpful info. We are just staying the one night and aren't planning on going to the beach so it should be fine.

We stayed there about 3 years ago, not in conjunction with a cruise. Prior to driving to Key West:) Not a typical Hampton - more of a hi-rise with a different lay-out. Nothing special, but rooms were clean and I would stay there again if the price was right. Within walking distance of the dining and shopping on Las Olas Blvd.

I posted an answer to you on the Ft Laud Q & A thread. This hotel is nice but the area immediately around it is high crime, so I wouldn't walk around after dark. Just take a cab a few blocks to Himmarshee Village (SE 2nd St) or Las Olas Blvd east of US1.

Archived