All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

I believe I read somewhere maybe Feb 1014. I hope so. I love Guys Burgers and would love to see her 2.0'd out before she leaves. I guess that means I'll have to go one more time her...sometime after Feb of course! :)

dry dock dates per John H - "her dry dock will be the weeks of 10/19/14, 10/26/14 and 11/2/14. More news on her upgrades soon Laurie. cheers"

Join us on Nov. 30, 2014, the last cruise out of Baltimore for the Pride.

Good prices, good ports; Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and San Juan.

We're doing a few days in San Juan then flying back non-stop to BWI. Can't beat that for a good 8 days on the water plus a little land at the end. NO FLYING FATIGUE before the cruise is the best part.

I almost booked the 12/8 sailing when I was on Fantasy a couple of weeks ago. Still thinking about it. Price is down under the current sale. Might opt for a french door cabin.

If I book, I'd love to meet up with you after you disembark, since we don't sail until 10 pm.

My friends and I have booked the Pride Oct 12 2014 for our first cruise ever! So far there are 6 of booked with the possibility of a couple more people booking. I was wondering if with a group of 6+ on the Pride is it better to do assigned dining or your time dining? Thanks in advance!

My friends and I have booked the Pride Oct 12 2014 for our first cruise ever! So far there are 6 of booked with the possibility of a couple more people booking. I was wondering if with a group of 6+ on the Pride is it better to do assigned dining or your time dining? Thanks in advance!

We just got off the Pride on 9/1/13........had a great cruise - enjoyed the Pride a lot. The Celebration Band in the Starry Nights lounge is fantastic. If you want to do your time dining, I would suggest speaking with the hostess and tell her you will need a table for _____people each evening. I don't think it will be a problem at all, especially if you dine around the same time each night............happy cruising!!!!:)

deck 5 I believe is open for walking

My husband and I walk twice a day on deck 5......most of the time they are cleaning and have some of it blocked off, but you can just walk as far as they let you then turn around.......it wasn't an issue for us at all....great place to walk..........:)

Since this seems to be a YMMV kind of situation I thought I would ask here. Have any of you ever brought a fan on board the Pride? I really need moving air to be comfortable and I was worried about it. I read on John Heald's blog that you can bring a fan, but I've been reading that people were having their fans confiscated on other ships.

Has anyone had any luck?

Since this seems to be a YMMV kind of situation I thought I would ask here. Have any of you ever brought a fan on board the Pride? I really need moving air to be comfortable and I was worried about it. I read on John Heald's blog that you can bring a fan, but I've been reading that people were having their fans confiscated on other ships.

Has anyone had any luck?

I have brought a small clip on type every cruise without issues. Maybe lucky?

Hello All - Guess I'm not up on things. I wasn't aware the Pride was moving! We are booking the Nov 23 2014 cruise. I guess that will be her last round-trip to Baltimore? Is a different ship coming to Baltimore?

Not as of yet, but fingers crossed! It was an issue of fuel and environmental issues. Carnival has worked out an arrangement that would allow it to happen, but too ate to keep the Pride on Baltimore. There are size issues because of the bridges, so they do need to stick with smaller ships. Hopefully, when they do the next schedule, the Pride will return to Baltimore!

Not as of yet, but fingers crossed! It was an issue of fuel and environmental issues. Carnival has worked out an arrangement that would allow it to happen, but too ate to keep the Pride on Baltimore. There are size issues because of the bridges, so they do need to stick with smaller ships. Hopefully, when they do the next schedule, the Pride will return to Baltimore!

Thanks for the info! I do hope there is a ship coming to Baltimore. I love being able to drive to the port. Now I'm scared our cruise will be cancelled. :confused:

On another note, where do you live in PA? I'm in the Lancaster area.

Thanks for the info! I do hope there is a ship coming to Baltimore. I love being able to drive to the port. Now I'm scared our cruise will be cancelled. :confused:

On another note, where do you live in PA? I'm in the Lancaster area.

Sorry I missed this...

I don't think you need to worry about cancellation. There were some changes to regulations that caused Carnival to pull out of Baltimore. Carnival has worked the issue out, but just too late to keep the Pride, at least for now!

I live in Hanover, so not too far from Lancaster!

Edited by kangaand2roos

Sorry I missed this...

I don't think you need to worry about cancellation. There were some changes to regulations that caused Carnival to pull out of Baltimore. Carnival has worked the issue out, but just too late to keep the Pride, at least for now!

I live in Hanover, so not too far from Lancaster!

We are neighbors as we live in East Berlin. Small world on a big forum

Edited by Sandpiper10

Hello All - Guess I'm not up on things. I wasn't aware the Pride was moving! We are booking the Nov 23 2014 cruise. I guess that will be her last round-trip to Baltimore? Is a different ship coming to Baltimore?

Sorry to disappoint you but the last sailing on the Pride from Baltimore is Nov 30, 2014... When I booked, I asked if they do anything special for the 'leaving the homeport thing' and was told, nothing planned as of yet. :confused: If you really want to sail the LAST cruise, you still have time to make the change. There is a nice roll call for this sailing as well-- Happy Sails!!:)

EDIT: SORRY, I just realized you stated, the last 'round-trip' back to Balto...my bad! :)

Edited by roscoegirl

It's nice that there are a lot of cruisers in the area!

Given how close Lancaster is to Baltimore, it doesn't surprise me how many people on a Pride thread are from that area. We live in MD now, but before that we lived in Lancaster county for several years -first in Millersville, then Lancaster City, then Peach Bottom. My sister lives in Willow Street and my in-laws live in Lititz.

I like the Pride, but if doesn't stay in Baltimore, I won't cry. We'll just have to try RCL.

Given how close Lancaster is to Baltimore, it doesn't surprise me how many people on a Pride thread are from that area. We live in MD now, but before that we lived in Lancaster county for several years -first in Millersville, then Lancaster City, then Peach Bottom. My sister lives in Willow Street and my in-laws live in Lititz.

I like the Pride, but if doesn't stay in Baltimore, I won't cry. We'll just have to try RCL.

I had to revert back to RCL and booked my 2015 cruise out of Cape Liberty on the Quantum. I don't like having to fly to cruise. :)

Another Lancaster county cruiser - just booked our first cruise on the Pride for August 3rd next year. My husband is not a big vacation guy, but we've found he does enjoy cruising as long as it's every other year instead of every year. We did out first cruise on RC's Enchantment last year --- we are not flyers, so hopefully when we're ready for our 2016 cruise there will be a new ship to explore in Baltimore.

When I read about Carnival taking the Pride out of Baltimore it sited a new environmental fee, but my Carnival rep said they're moving the Pride because of lack of interest at the Baltimore port and not filling the ship.

Another Lancaster county cruiser - just booked our first cruise on the Pride for August 3rd next year. My husband is not a big vacation guy, but we've found he does enjoy cruising as long as it's every other year instead of every year. We did out first cruise on RC's Enchantment last year --- we are not flyers, so hopefully when we're ready for our 2016 cruise there will be a new ship to explore in Baltimore.

When I read about Carnival taking the Pride out of Baltimore it sited a new environmental fee, but my Carnival rep said they're moving the Pride because of lack of interest at the Baltimore port and not filling the ship.

Not filling the ship? That's hard to believe given the prices for the cruises out of Baltimore remain higher than most other ports.