All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

My DH and I will be on the pride in October, we will be coming up two days early to enjoy sights in Baltimore. would love to hear from anyone that has stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. Good or bad. Should we book some where else?? And to anyone who has stayed in room 4228, where was your muster station, inside or out? would like to have jacket if outside, it might be cold in October.

We stayed there last year while visiting the Inner Harbor. Loved it. Staff was great, clean rooms.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have a question similar to secac's #4 question. We are cruising on the Pride on Oct 20. What kind of clothing do we need leaving Baltimore, and what's the weather like in Florida?

last year in november we wore jeans and sweatshirts first day out, and were comfortable out on deck. second day we were sunning outside on an upper deck. spent the day in florida on the beach and it was well into the 80s. Bahamas weather was mid 80s as well. we had such a good time then that we are going again. same week as you this year.

doug

last year in november we wore jeans and sweatshirts first day out, and were comfortable out on deck. second day we were sunning outside on an upper deck. spent the day in florida on the beach and it was well into the 80s. Bahamas weather was mid 80s as well. we had such a good time then that we are going again. same week as you this year.

doug

Just remember that the weather here in the mid-atlantic can be fickle. We had a Halloween blizzard in 2011!

Just remember that the weather here in the mid-atlantic can be fickle. We had a Halloween blizzard in 2011!

we live just south of DC. think we had the same blizzard. been crazy weather here this summer too. just saw on the weather tonite we have not had 2 90 degree days together in 4 weeks. not normal for this area. and twice the normal rainfall.

Look at me quoting myself! Normally, late October is a stunningly beautiful time here in the mid-Atlantic, but the last two years we have had a blizzard and a super-hurricane! I would say to prepare for just about anything!

I'm taking themPride in February and expect I'll pack something from every part if my wardrobe! I'm guessing there will be at least one load of laundry done that trip!

Stacey

We are booked on the last sailing from Baltimore, Nov. 30, 2014. What's the lastest on the 2.0 upgrades being done before the Pride moves to San Juan and then Tampa? I would love to have Guy's Burger's on that ship.

I believe I read somewhere maybe Feb 1014. I hope so. I love Guys Burgers and would love to see her 2.0'd out before she leaves. I guess that means I'll have to go one more time her...sometime after Feb of course! :)

Join us on Nov. 30, 2014, the last cruise out of Baltimore for the Pride.

Good prices, good ports; Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and San Juan.

We're doing a few days in San Juan then flying back non-stop to BWI. Can't beat that for a good 8 days on the water plus a little land at the end. NO FLYING FATIGUE before the cruise is the best part.

Good prices, good ports; Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and San Juan.

We're doing a few days in San Juan then flying back non-stop to BWI. Can't beat that for a good 8 days on the water plus a little land at the end. NO FLYING FATIGUE before the cruise is the best part.

I just might do that..that would be in between my 2 sailings. Breeze in September and Quantum on Feb 2015.

Thank you for the inspiration! I just booked this cruise for me and hubby...he loves the idea! The rates are really good and I just hope airfare will be favorable as we will probably take the train into Balto and fly back into Dulles (closer to home!) Thank you for making me spend money that I have not earned yet!:eek: Sometimes, that makes for the best fun!!!:)

I love the Pride! Haven't been on her in a while but I cruise Legend frequently. When is Pride moving to Tampa?

Last cruise from Baltimore will be Nov. 30, 2014. The Pride will leave from San Juan and sail to Tampa on 12/08/2014. See the previous two posts.

can someone help me with which days for reservation to the steakhouse? I have a reservation for the chefs table, however I was told I won't know which day it is until I get on the ship. I also don't want to miss the elegant nights in the MDR. How can I figure out which day is the chef table and elegant night?

can someone help me with which days for reservation to the steakhouse? I have a reservation for the chefs table, however I was told I won't know which day it is until I get on the ship. I also don't want to miss the elegant nights in the MDR. How can I figure out which day is the chef table and elegant night?

Elegant nights are Monday and Friday.

Thank you for the inspiration! I just booked this cruise for me and hubby...he loves the idea! The rates are really good and I just hope airfare will be favorable as we will probably take the train into Balto and fly back into Dulles (closer to home!) Thank you for making me spend money that I have not earned yet!:eek: Sometimes, that makes for the best fun!!!:)

Yippee Skippy, I LOVE spending other people's money. LOL So happy you decided to book. Come on over to the Roll Call for this sailing. So far there are only a few of us. The more, the merrier.

You made a good decision. I think it will be a great cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a sort-of strange question and please forgive me if its been asked before.

We are going on the Pride October 27, will there be a sail-away party? I know the weather could be iffy at that time of year. It could be nice, or it could be really cool. Hoping for no snow :eek:

What if the weather is cool that day? Will there still be a sail away party?

I have a sort-of strange question and please forgive me if its been asked before.

We are going on the Pride October 27, will there be a sail-away party? I know the weather could be iffy at that time of year. It could be nice, or it could be really cool. Hoping for no snow :eek:

Snow on the 27th in Baltimore would be pretty extreme. It will be cool, but not snow cool.

There's always a sail away party out on deck unless it's pouring rain. Have a great cruise!