All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

A long time Maryland resident, I'm planning a transatlantic on the Wind Star next year which ends in Barbados. Looking at ways to get home from there, and not really wanting to fly, the best option seems to be picking up the Adventure of the Seas at it's first port of call returning to San Juan. That's just a couple of days before the Pride's second leg of her repo. It feels a bit strange being on the Pride as part of the move away from Baltimore, but it does help me get home in reasonable style.

Roy

Not filling the ship? That's hard to believe given the prices for the cruises out of Baltimore remain higher than most other ports.

I too find that hard to believe. Ship is always full. Not too fond of the PC, Nassau and Freeport ports but I love absolutely love sailing from Baltimore. I'm from Philadelphia and is a hop, skip and jump down 95. We always go the day before but love, love, love, walking off the ship and into my house in under 2 hrs.

so what are the best things to do in Freeport and Port Canaveral for those who have taken that itinerary? i've already been searching those specific boards but want to see if anyone has any good ideas on here as well. Going in January. what are the first 2 sea days like and the sea day on the return? i am from the midwest so i'll be enjoy the decks no matter what the weather.. and the hot tubs and slide.. cold won't bother me.. just hoping one or two of the sea days will be warm enough to lounge in the sun.

Edited by jwlnroe

so what are the best things to do in Freeport and Port Canaveral for those who have taken that itinerary? i've already been searching those specific boards but want to see if anyone has any good ideas on here as well. Going in January. what are the first 2 sea days like and the sea day on the return? i am from the midwest so i'll be enjoy the decks no matter what the weather.. and the hot tubs and slide.. cold won't bother me.. just hoping one or two of the sea days will be warm enough to lounge in the sun.

In Freeport we're going to kayak and in PC we plan on spending the day in Sea World.

Usually in Freeport we just take a taxi to Port Lucaya and lounge on the free beach, but this Dec we're going to do the kayak excursion. That's the game plan so far anyway :D.

Given how close Lancaster is to Baltimore, it doesn't surprise me how many people on a Pride thread are from that area. We live in MD now, but before that we lived in Lancaster county for several years -first in Millersville, then Lancaster City, then Peach Bottom. My sister lives in Willow Street and my in-laws live in Lititz.

I like the Pride, but if doesn't stay in Baltimore, I won't cry. We'll just have to try RCL.

We live in VA Beach now but our children were born and raised in Millersville Mt. Joy and Landisville..........small world:) Husband worked at Armstrong Floor Plant - I worked at Dodge Cork Company in Lancaster.............

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

A long time Maryland resident, I'm planning a transatlantic on the Wind Star next year which ends in Barbados. Looking at ways to get home from there, and not really wanting to fly, the best option seems to be picking up the Adventure of the Seas at it's first port of call returning to San Juan. That's just a couple of days before the Pride's second leg of her repo. It feels a bit strange being on the Pride as part of the move away from Baltimore, but it does help me get home in reasonable style.

Roy

That sounds like a totally awesome vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising on the pride this thanksgiving and I need to know if they offer breakfast in the main dinning room? Wifey will be devastated if they don't it was one of her favorite parts of our last cruise on the freedom. I've also heard some of the ships offer lunch in the MDR? Also does anyone have ay advice on the park and sail packages at the MD hotels? I'm a little Leary about leaving my car in a hotel parking lot when I don't know the area at all? I know it's a lot of questions all at once but thanks for the help everybody.

We are cruising on the pride this thanksgiving and I need to know if they offer breakfast in the main dinning room? Wifey will be devastated if they don't it was one of her favorite parts of our last cruise on the freedom. I've also heard some of the ships offer lunch in the MDR? Also does anyone have ay advice on the park and sail packages at the MD hotels? I'm a little Leary about leaving my car in a hotel parking lot when I don't know the area at all? I know it's a lot of questions all at once but thanks for the help everybody.

We just sailed the Pride (10/6) and yes they serve breakfast & lunch in the MDR. On sea days they serve a brunch which is awesome. I don't know anything about the hotel parking but I do know it costs $105 to park at the port which is very safe. Enjoy your cruise. :).....Gary

Also does anyone have ay advice on the park and sail packages at the MD hotels? I'm a little Leary about leaving my car in a hotel parking lot when I don't know the area at all? I know it's a lot of questions all at once but thanks for the help everybody.

We stayed at the Best Western in Elkridge this past may. If you book through Trinity Reservations you can get a room (for up to 4 people), shuttle to/from port, parking for up to 14 days, and expanded continental breakfast, for $95 total. The property was nice, workers helpful, and there is also a pub/restaraunt in the parking lot, that we had dinner at. We've booked again for our upcoming cruise in January. Have a great cruise!!!

Edited by heatherbean

We'll tomorrow is the big day, we are excited. I read somewhere that if you book while on your cruise you get a $200 room credit, anyone know if that is correct?

Yes that is true. You can get up to $200 on board credit. $200 for a Suite, $100 for a Balcony, and so on down. We do it all the time now. Have a great Cruise.....:)....:cool:

Yes that is true. You can get up to $200 on board credit. $200 for a Suite, $100 for a Balcony, and so on down. We do it all the time now. Have a great Cruise.....:)....:cool:

I was just informed by my DW that it may actually vary by the length of the Cruise not by the cabin.....:confused:.... :)

• 2 weeks later...