What Happened to Cap't Larry?

ho

It been a few years since we went to Alaska but I recall one of best excursions was Cap't Larry's Whale watching. Did someone else take over his boat? I would like to book another excursion for our June trip but don't know who to use. Thanks for any advise.

Ho:confused:

i just sent off a email too orca enterprises for a price on the whale/drop off at mendanhall tour in may. i remember from the last time i used capt larry they dont get too the office every day in the winter months. so i expect it will be a few days before i hear back from them. i am very happy with their whale tour and have always seen lots of whales and other sea animals on the trip. i cant wait too go again and see the magnificent whales. happy planning everyone :)

i just sent off a email too orca enterprises for a price on the whale/drop off at mendanhall tour in may. i remember from the last time i used capt larry they dont get too the office every day in the winter months. so i expect it will be a few days before i hear back from them. i am very happy with their whale tour and have always seen lots of whales and other sea animals on the trip. i cant wait too go again and see the magnificent whales. happy planning everyone :)

Did your email bounce back? I tried to email them 3 times in the last week and every email has not been deliver. I also tried calling them but no one pick up and left a message, still have not heard from them.

Did you use the email address that was posted on their website?

Thanks.

Ling

Did your email bounce back? I tried to email them 3 times in the last week and every email has not been deliver. I also tried calling them but no one pick up and left a message, still have not heard from them.

Did you use the email address that was posted on their website?

Thanks.

Ling

doofus, no i have not had my email bounce back. i use yahoo if that would make a difference. i used the email on their site. i would call their number and leave a message. like i mentioned, when i talked too carol once about making arraingements she said they go too the office in juneau about 1nc or twice a week in the winter. dont give up on them, im sure they will get back too you. :)

doofus, no i have not had my email bounce back. i use yahoo if that would make a difference. i used the email on their site. i would call their number and leave a message. like i mentioned, when i talked too carol once about making arraingements she said they go too the office in juneau about 1nc or twice a week in the winter. dont give up on them, im sure they will get back too you. :)

I finally got a hold of them this morning and booked the tour immediately. You are right about them not going to work everyday during winter and about the email bounce back, she only said "it's Alaska" :). I made almost all of my excursions today so I feel very proud.

Thanks.

Ling

I finally got a hold of them this morning and booked the tour immediately. You are right about them not going to work everyday during winter and about the email bounce back, she only said "it's Alaska" :). I made almost all of my excursions today so I feel very proud.

Thanks.

Ling

im so glad you talked too them. you are really going to enjoy the tour and see the whales. capt.larry isnt much of a talker but he will get you too the whales. his naturalist does a great job and explains alot of info for you. have a great time.

You may even get the bonus of having an additional naturalist aboard because naturalists from the cruise ships often spend the day with Captain's Larry when they are in Juneau. We spoke with a couple of them who told us that they have learned a lot from him.

He is extremely knowledgeable about whales and is happy to talk with you if you just express an interest and give him a little encouragement. But in general, he gives his full attention to driving the boat and looking for wildlife while his naturalist gives the commentary and looks after the passengers.

Archived