Grand Drydock Issues/Others Scheduled

IECalCruiser

Golden has the WS suites...

Yes, as do the Caribbean and the Grand. And soon, hopefully, the Star.

Has anyone seen a floor plan on the WS rooms? I looked on the website and was not able to find it.

Nope. For some strange reason Princess has never published either a floorplan or photos of the WS rooms. They are laid out differently than the other suites and they do NOT have a balcony (hence the name WS, I suppose). There are photos somewhere here on CC; I will search them out and put them up on this thread when I get some free time (or you could do a search yourself).

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I just booked the Crown for 2/18/12. This will be our 4th time on the Crown. We sailed her when she was only 6 months old. The last cruise was Feb 2010. The mattress in our Caribe deck cabin in 2010 was very very uncomfortable. Does anyone know what will be done on the Crown drydock in October?

Thanks,

Marianne

We will be on the same voyage in February.

It doesn't appear that there will be many structural changes to the Crown because she isn't in dry dock that long. Probably some carpet replacement and other cosmetic stuff, but I could be wrong so let's see what others in the know have to say.

Hello, I just booked the Crown for 2/18/12. This will be our 4th time on the Crown. We sailed her when she was only 6 months old. The last cruise was Feb 2010. The mattress in our Caribe deck cabin in 2010 was very very uncomfortable. Does anyone know what will be done on the Crown drydock in October?

Thanks,

Marianne

Mattresses are often installed during regular sailings, not necessarily at dry docks. I have been on many cruises where they have picked up hundreds of mattresses and dropped off hundreds of old mattresses. They often replace them when people are in port for the day.

Same with televisions and carpet in state rooms.

• 3 months later...

This is an update of my first post with 2012/2013 information. Please note that all of the below information is subject to change. My thanks to Buddy604 for the original information.

Confirmed today that no cruises are currently scheduled for the below dates

Crown Princess - 10/26/11 to 11/05/11 - 10 Days

Caribbean Princess - 11/08/11 to 11/20/11 - 12 Days

Star Princess - 11/14/11 to 12/08/11 - 24 Days

Ruby Princess - 12/11/11 to 12/23/11 - 12 Days

Sapphire Princess - 01/07/12 to 02/04/12 - 28 Days

Golden Princess - 05/09/12 to 05/20/12 - 11 Days

Dawn Princess - 05/20/12 to 05/30/12 - 10 Days

Coral Princess - 10/04/12 to 10/14/12 - 10 Days (changed dates)

Emerald Princess - 12/07/12 to 12/17/12 - 10 Days

Sea Princess - 09/07/12 to 09/20/12 - 13 Days (changed dates)

The Star and Sapphire have major drydocks scheduled in the next nine months or so. There will probably be some disruption to a cruise or cruises prior to the drydock and I wouldn’t want to be on the first post drydock cruise. Note that the Sapphire was originally scheduled for 21 days but the January 28 cruise has been cancelled to make it 28 days – things change

Thank you IECAL Cruiser, this info was very helpful since I will be on the Star twice in 2012, April28 and November20.Sonnenschein:)

Archived