Help me decide which cabin please! 1610, 1601, 9241 or 9237!

Travelalot2

We are booking a 12 day med cruise on the Silhouette and have never been Celebrity before. We cruise a lot and love the larger balconies - using information from this board the largest ones available on our cruise are 1610 (AQ - starboard at end of hump), 1601 (AQ - middle of hump), 9241 (CC - middle of hump) and 9237 (1A - on back of hump). We are more interested in cabin location (less windy is better) and balcony (if it gets sun is is nice perk) than $. I guess we are lucky to have so many good choices but it's overwhelming!

I could probably chat to you for 15 minutes or more about your choices, but more difficult on a message board! LOL

Here are some thoughts:

• There are three different classes here. Aqua, CC and 1A ordinary balcony. What you want out of your cruise and which amenities fit best only you can decide.
  • Blu gets good reviews in general here, but I can't give you first hand experience. I tend to eat in a large group and the MDR is a better fit with the occasional visit to one of the Speciality Restaurants. I wouldn't make use of the Persian Gardens as a perk either.
  • You'll get a better view forward or back from those cabins nearer the outside of the hump eg 1610 as opposed to 1601 because you can look around the corner.
  • The cabin sticky indicates a small amount of noise from the pool deck in 1601 and 1610, but it doesn't seem excessive.
  • The Aqua and CC cabins have footstools on the balcony whereas the 1As don't so if lying out is important that might be a factor

There are more I'm sure, but some random jottings.

Phil

Welcome to Celebrity! It is our favorite cruise line because they have outstanding service and food and we just love the Solstice class ships.

We were in 1606 on the Eclipse, which is comparable to 1610 and Aqua Class. We love Concierge class and Aqua has all the same amenities plus much more. 1610 has the largest balcony on the hump. It is very "deep" and you can get shade by sitting back by the door or get close to the balcony and get the sun. We loved the foot rests for the chairs. The spa shower is to die for as well. Always a nice perk is having daily canapes delivered and fresh fruit as well. Plus you get the nice thick bath towels and robes, Blu for your dining room, and an extra cruise credit (two instead of 1).

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

We are booking a 12 day med cruise on the Silhouette and have never been Celebrity before. We cruise a lot and love the larger balconies - using information from this board the largest ones available on our cruise are 1610 (AQ - starboard at end of hump), 1601 (AQ - middle of hump), 9241 (CC - middle of hump) and 9237 (1A - on back of hump). We are more interested in cabin location (less windy is better) and balcony (if it gets sun is is nice perk) than $. I guess we are lucky to have so many good choices but it's overwhelming!

Go AQ. Both staterooms, 1610 and 1601 have the exact size balconies -- largest on the angle. The only difference between the two is 1610 has the bed by the bath as shown in the picture above (1606), and 1601 has the bed by the balcony. Personally, I prefer the bed by the bath. I would go with 1610 in a heartbeat, hands down.

Additionally, you will have the same cabin attendant that takes care of the Suites next door.

We enjoyed Cabin 9241 on our Holy Land cruise aboard the Equinox back in October and LOVED it. The balcony has LOTS of room and the cabin is in a good location just behind the mid-ship elevators. The bed in that particular cabin is closer to the bathroom and that worked well for us.

We are do doing the med holy land & egypt cruise on Silhouette. RCCL offered on the Mariner an itinerary of just the holy land or egypt (a lot less expensive - it was tempting - you have to choose either egypt or holy land itinerary) but we opted for this thinking that the more expense would be worth it to be on the new Silhouette and to see both Egypt and Israel. If we are going to spend the extra $ and have options, we want to be sure we are making the most of them.

While I personally would prefer one of the Aqua Class staterooms (for the extra perks), 9241 & 9237 will have less wind (as they are on the back side of the hump vs. the front side for 1610 & 1601) as well as more sun (as 1610 and 1601's balconies are covered by a large overhang). You will have decide if the Aqua Class perks or the less wind and more sun but fewer perks are more important.

You asked for opinions...so here is mine:)

I sailed on Equinox in 2010 in 1610. Here are the good (should I say "great") points:

- Great view forward.

- A BIG balcony - easily accomodated 4 card players with room to spare.

- Close proximity to the aft elevators.

- Little wind, nothing I noticed.

- Little sun - the overhang is great for shade and protection if it rains.

- BLU is fantastic - great food, intimate atmosphere.

And only 1 negative:

- There was 1 night with a DJ around the pool deck and the bass reverberated through the cabin until 1am. I didn't hear any other noise in the cabin aside from this.

Having said all that - I lucked out and have 1606 for March 2011 sail.

Enjoy! It's really hard not too...

I appreciate all the feedback and welcome any others. Based on the above, I'm leaning towards 1610 since it appears it may get a little more sun. It's $400 more for CC and another $400 for AQ ($800 total). We are diamond members on RCCL and so I guess that is elite on X. It seems the perks from CC we will already get most of. But, what I'm thinking of is if we book a 1A not having that footstool to lean back on while spending time reading or laying in the sun on the balcony of our 12 day med cruise. We do spend a lot of time on our balcony. We haven't sailed AQ before but it looks like the additional $400 there would be to eat in BLU and enjoy the Persian gardens and relaxation room. Decisions, Decisions!

I appreciate all the feedback and welcome any others. Based on the above, I'm leaning towards 1610 since it appears it may get a little more sun.

No, 1610 will have very little sun. There is a large overhang that covers all but the very end of the balcony. There will only be a very short time each day where 1610 receives sun. It is a great stateroom, but not if sun is a big priority. The non-aqua class staterooms you listed are the ones that will receive more sun.

You will receive Elite perks with Celebrity if you are diamond with RCI. Once you book the cruise you need to contact Capatain's Club (Celebrity's loyalty program) to register (the phone number is on Celebrity's website). The perks are great. 90 minutes of free internet per person, free bag of laundry and some dry cleaning per person, free cocktails from 4pm-6pm, and special breakfast are among the main perks. They are for the most part completely different than the Concierge Class and Aqua Class perks.

I appreciate all the feedback and welcome any others. Based on the above, I'm leaning towards 1610 since it appears it may get a little more sun. It's $400 more for CC and another $400 for AQ ($800 total). We are diamond members on RCCL and so I guess that is elite on X. It seems the perks from CC we will already get most of. But, what I'm thinking of is if we book a 1A not having that footstool to lean back on while spending time reading or laying in the sun on the balcony of our 12 day med cruise. We do spend a lot of time on our balcony. We haven't sailed AQ before but it looks like the additional $400 there would be to eat in BLU and enjoy the Persian gardens and relaxation room. Decisions, Decisions!

Go for 1610. If you want sun, it's a short stroll one deck up.

Archived