Excursion waitlist

mrar

Has anyone ever signed up for an excursion on waitlist? There is one that we really want to do but it's waitlisted. Don't know if we should sign up for something else instead, call and see if we can find out details, or just hope for the best on the waitlist?

We have waitlisted an excursion we want on several occasions and have always got a spot, but didn't know this until we were onboard. We usually book a backup in case we don't get our first choice. The backup can be cancelled once you are onboard.

If you don't clear the waitlist.

Go directly to the Shore Excursion Desk once it opens onboard . Don't wait until the line forms after the Shore Talk .

They seem to not pre-book 100% of any tour to allow for some availability onboard. Be among that first few in line and you have a good chance .

Of course , have a 2nd choice in mind.;)

If you don't clear the waitlist.

Go directly to the Shore Excursion Desk once it opens onboard . Don't wait until the line forms after the Shore Talk .

They seem to not pre-book 100% of any tour to allow for some availability onboard. Be among that first few in line and you have a good chance .

Of course , have a 2nd choice in mind.;)

We are sailing on Feb. 19th and I am wondering how you find out about the excursions prior?

We are first time cruisers and I find all of this information from seasoned travellers wonderful although a bit overwhelming. I feel like I will miss out on all of the tips/tricks if I am not looking everyday on the CC site.

My husband and I both enjoy lattes and other coffees, so the coffee card is likely something good to get - we also have 3 (young adult) children travelling with us so will likely get the soda stickers. Any other must haves for first time cruises - or specific things we must not miss out on?

Thanks.

Gina :eek:

We are sailing on Feb. 19th and I am wondering how you find out about the excursions prior?

We are first time cruisers and I find all of this information from seasoned travellers wonderful although a bit overwhelming. I feel like I will miss out on all of the tips/tricks if I am not looking everyday on the CC site.

My husband and I both enjoy lattes and other coffees, so the coffee card is likely something good to get - we also have 3 (young adult) children travelling with us so will likely get the soda stickers. Any other must haves for first time cruises - or specific things we must not miss out on?

Thanks.

Excursions can be viewed and reserved through the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website. You'll see the link to it on the lower left of the Princess homepage. You'll need your name (duh!), birthdate, and confirmation number. Once you're logged in, you can fill out your Passenger Information Form (which is the mandatory stuff like passport numbers and credit card number) and look at the optionals, like spa appointments and shore excursions. The latter don't come open for booking until maybe 120 days out from the cruise but since you're going next month, they'll already show up (and hopefully won't already be booked up, although sometimes the popular stuff goes fast). Hope this helps.

a) Yes, waitlist yourself for the excursion you really want

b) Yes, book an alternate so you do have a backup if the waitlist does not come through. If it does come through, you can cancel the alternate by the posted deadline on board. Do not wait until you are on board to book the backup as it might be sold out by then.

c) If your excursions tickets are in your room when you board, see if you cleared. If so, take the backup tickets to the excursion drop box and put them in after writing cancelled on them. No need to speak to a human.

d) If you do not have the excursion tickets in your room when you board or if the excursion you want is not included, fill out a request form at the shore excursion desk for that tour (even if marked sold out) indicating that you should be on the waitlist for it. Put it in the drop box, no need to speak with a human.

e) At some point when there is not a long line at the excursion desk, discuss the situation with a human to find out if they think you might clear the waitlist. Let them know if you do clear, they should cancel the backup excursion tickets you have.

Thanks.

And there's nothing wrong with that.:p

For prebooking shorex, sign in to "cruise personalizer" under "prepare for your cruise".

There's a ton of info on Princess's web site. Most of the "inside" stuff on CC is there.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/index.jsp

The coffe card:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise.

This happened to us on our Christmas cruise last year. I signed up for the other time option and waitlisted myself for the first one that I preferred. Once onboard, we went to the shore excursion desk as soon as it opened and stated we would like to be on the waitlist for the other time slot. I think the onboard waitlist takes precedence over anything you do online. That evening, we got a call in our cabin saying we were now off the waitlist. I'm sure doing this wouldn't work every time, but I highly recommend making your shore excursion preference clear at the desk once you get onboard.

Archived