Solstice-class Hump cabin question.

defreeze

I am wondering whether you can look directly down into the water from hump cabins on S-class ships.

From pictures of the ship, it looks like part of the promenade deck might jut out, thereby obstructing a "straight-down" view of the water.

Also, what do you look down on from the balconies on the corner hump cabins (the ones with the larger balconies)?

Any info would be appreciated.

I am wondering whether you can look directly down into the water from hump cabins on S-class ships.

From pictures of the ship, it looks like part of the promenade deck might jut out, thereby obstructing a "straight-down" view of the water.

Also, what do you look down on from the balconies on the corner hump cabins (the ones with the larger balconies)?

Any info would be appreciated.

We were in 2112 a C2 cabin on the solstice and the only think you could see when looking straight down, was the lifeboats.

This is the view looking straight down from a Solstice hump balcony. The water on the bottom half is the reflection off the balcony glass:

2147323370080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

What an awesome picture! Paul, where was your cabin? We were on the hump (9209) in August, and I seem to recall looking down at the lifeboats.

What an awesome picture! Paul, where was your cabin? We were on the hump (9209) in August, and I seem to recall looking down at the lifeboats.

Hi, the reason you looked down at the lifeboats is because 9209 is on the angled portiuon of the hump. Paul's cabin must be on the straight portion of the hump.

I took that picture from room 9223, which is more center hump. The rooms on the front and back of the hump, like yours was, do see lifeboats.

On my second Solstice cruise, I stayed in 9231 and the view was exactly the same.

Here, you can see there are no lifeboats below, but they do start at the front of the ump:

2458171240080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a picture of the hump:

2371792750080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I took that picture from room 9223, which is more center hump. The rooms on the front and back of the hump, like yours was, do see lifeboats.

On my second Solstice cruise, I stayed in 9231 and the view was exactly the same.

Here, you can see there are no lifeboats below, but they do start at the front of the ump:

2458171240080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a picture of the hump:

2371792750080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you for the clarification. We managed to snag a hump balcony on the resort deck for our cruise coming up in February, so I'm hoping that the view down is similar to yours. Although, in reality, any balcony view is ok with me but it would be neat to try to replicate that picture.

• 4 years later...

It looks like all the hump balconies are connecting. I usually try to avoid connecting rooms as they sometimes can be less quiet with noise from the cabin next door. Where are the connecting doors located within the cabin? Do you loose seating space inside the cabin for the door?

It looks like all the hump balconies are connecting. I usually try to avoid connecting rooms as they sometimes can be less quiet with noise from the cabin next door. Where are the connecting doors located within the cabin? Do you loose seating space inside the cabin for the door?

No, not all hump balconies are connecting except those on the straight portion of the hump. Most of the ones on the angle are not connecting.

On all the S-Class ships except Reflection, the connection is out in the passageway in a little alcove, not in the bulkhead between the two cabins.

Edited by Wine-O