14 day Alaska

califgary

How many formal nites on the 14 day Alaska Adventure - anyone know? I found where it says 3 on a 10 day cruise, but am not sure

if they add any more on a 14 day.

thanks for any info!

We had 2 each week.You will love this cruise.It was fabulous,only bad paart was we had to end the cruise.The ports are fabulous and we loved The Amsterdam.

On all 14 day cruises that we have done -- 4 formal nights.

Thanks for the info KK. Not to start a "formal wear thread" ... but can anyone who has done this cruise tell me if the "formal dinners" are less formal than normal because it is Alaska? :confused: Should DH still pack his tux, or replace it with a dark suit?

I guess I should also ask about the other 10 nights. I usually wear sundresses with a matching jacket on non-formal nights. I don't think that will be appropriate in Alaska! :rolleyes: Will slacks & sweater fit in for me? (Why do the guys have it so easy!)

I am not looking forward to this packing nightmare. :(

There were few tuxes when we did this cruise in August.

We also opted to do lido 11 of the nights. We wanted to be on deck or at a window most of the time. One of my favorite dinners/ evenings was sitting few a couple hours on the port side of the lido after we left Homer watching the kenai peninsula go by. We were there until almost dark. Those floor to ceiling windows are great!

Iirc our formal nights were first sea day, glacier bay?, kodiak and Juneau. Maybe someone can confirm GB.

Should DH still pack his tux, or replace it with a dark suit?

Either one meets HAL's definition of "formal", as does a sports jacket w/tie.

The dress code doesn't change with the itinerary. If your husband would look good in a tux (and what man doesn't? ;)), then bring it!

Both of the men at my table wore a tux on every formal night on my 14-day Alaska cruise last August.

... The dress code doesn't change with the itinerary. If your husband would look good in a tux (and what man doesn't? ;)), then bring it! Both of the men at my table wore a tux on every formal night on my 14-day Alaska cruise last August.

Thanks Ruth! That's what I wanted to know. DH loves his tux ... I just didn't want us to look "out of place." I feel better now. I'll pack our usual formal attire.

Is the Pinnacle Grill dress code the same as the MDR's? I thought in the past it was more semi-formal (such as jackets for men) on non-formal nights.

The Pinnacle Grille dress code follows that of the rest of the ship.

People do tend to kick it up a notch, though, so it is common to see a man in a suit or sports jacket.

Archived