Has anyone signed up for Southwest's Ding notification yet?

vossjemi

I just saw it on their website today where you download this program, get 2 points for including your RR #, and then download. You will get an icon down below your screen which will ding with an envelope the very second a deal from your hometown airport is made. I think I will sign up. I just wondered if others had heard of it and gotten any dings yet?

I signed up. About a 18 minute download--this week you get 2 FF points for signing up. The "ding" sounds like the ones onboard the aircraft.

Every special I've seen thus far has expired, but the prices look pretty good.:D

Enjoy!

Kel

We signed up over the weekend: husband, me and our two kids. You have to keep it on your computer for 30 days and then your rapid rewards accounts will be posted with two credits. So far, there have been some good deals. For example, STL to San Diego for $75 each way. You have to move quickly though. Sometimes only a couple of hours notice until the deals expire.

Been some great deals on the DING!! Today they had $32 each way to Phoenix. Tried to book, but my norton software got in the way--had to "customize" to allow SW site to bypass the security software. By the time I got that all figured out the sale had expired. Seems like a good deal.

Enjoy!

Kel

I got my SWA email today about click & save discounts. Although not in my timeframe yet, I checked and they had several deals for $59 air from STL, MCI, and TUL to orlando and some other airports not to far from orlando. Haven't seen a Ding deal this cheap yet from these airports, so this is just a reminder to check out ALL of SW's deals not just the dings!:)

Just installed it. took less than a minute. Got dinged a minute later with all expired deals! What's the point?

~lurker

The first "ding" was just to show you what it sounds like; the next time will be for real. You can always click on the logo below to see what's going on (just as you enter your computer).

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived