RCCL Majesty: Which deck for OV cabin?

EithneMay

I'd book on the deck closest to where I'd spend most of my time, in my case, that would be the pool, so I'd get as close as possible. It makes life easier if you can run up and down the stairs most of the time, rather than waiting on the elevator. A few flights is ok, but 8 flights (for me!) isn't!!!

Deck 8 is obstructed OV, but on a short trip you are so seldom in the room it was never a big deal for me;) Deck 9 and 10 are unobstructed SOV and JS & higher:D For the price difference, I'd take an obstructed OV on 8 and buy some foo-foo drinks:p

We typically cruise in balcony cabins but on the Majesty we book an OV. Have had deck 8 and 9. There are cabins on 8 where the view is much less obstructed and the life boats are not an issue. I will try to attach a deck plan. Deck 9 cabins are bigger. If we book the Majesty again we will go with deck 8 (usually lower priced) and save a couple bucks.Sorry about the size hope it helps.

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg.a33a556fb29571217b9a7cd275e2ca03.jpg

I love the deck 8 obstructed.. higher deck with OVs, so convenient. I dont care if there are some things a little in the way. Have had deck 8 obstucted twice. I choose it on purpose. Some are more obtructed than others so check which ones to pick. Some have almost no obstruction.

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

These were on SOV .. I didnt take any from Majesty which I did more recently.

The 2nd picture you can see the middle divider on the window .. and see that I turned to take a picture facing the corner of the window to capture the muster boat obstruction.

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

These were on SOV .. I didnt take any from Majesty which I did more recently.

The 2nd picture you can see the middle divider on the window .. and see that I turned to take a picture facing the corner of the window to capture the muster boat obstruction.

Thanks for the pictures. I think I would rather pay more for a balcony. Luckily, this cruise will be FREE thanks to the RCCL Visa, so paying for an upgrade won't be too bad of a deal.

If you book the right cabin, you get an unobstructed view at an obstructed price:p On our last MAJ trip in Oct. we booked one of the unobstructed OV on deck 8 and were happy with $211pp...until 3 weeks out when the prices started dropping:eek: Since we'd booked prior to 5/17 we were able to take advantage of the drops and finally wound up taking advantage of an OV GTY for $149pp. Were assigned a cabin mid-ships deck 2. Not the best location, but we were so seldom in the cabin that we didn't care and it was convenient for the tenders and port exits:D

If you book the right cabin, you get an unobstructed view at an obstructed price:p On our last MAJ trip in Oct. we booked one of the unobstructed OV on deck 8 and were happy with $211pp...until 3 weeks out when the prices started dropping:eek: Since we'd booked prior to 5/17 we were able to take advantage of the drops and finally wound up taking advantage of an OV GTY for $149pp. Were assigned a cabin mid-ships deck 2. Not the best location, but we were so seldom in the cabin that we didn't care and it was convenient for the tenders and port exits:D

Would you happen to have a list of the "obstructed" cabins that are not actually obstructed??

Hope this link works :) Cabins with dots beside them are considered to be unobstructed or virtually unobstructed:cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1341500&highlight=

Might be two or three posts down - by Merion_Mom:D

Thanks so much for this link! It will be very helpful in choosing a cabin.

Archived