Best Non-Drowsy Seasick Med?

Tennessee_Holly

Try wearing Seabands on your wrists. Non-medicated, so no drowsy feeling (you just have a nice mark on your wrists). Wore them for the duration of my "Sandy cruise to Boston" during Superstorm Sandy's rocky seas and was fine.

I get motion sickness very easily, have tried everything, including the patch (never again, felt worse than being seasick), now use ginger capsules, starting taking them about 5 days before the cruise and continue while I'm on the cruise. Have no side effects from the ginger. Also, drinking ginger ale while on the cruise helps also.

I have had GREAT luck with Bonine and Seabands. I usually take the bonine the first day and wear the seabands all week. The Seabands WORK....I dont know how, and honestly dont care. They simply work.

I used to get seasick for the first Day and a half of EVERY cruise. Since the seaband I am fine even in the roughest of seas. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

6&8

Motioneaze! I know I sound like a broken record on these seasickness posts, but when you find something that works you want to share it with everyone :D and Motioneaze really works. Just place a drop behind each ear and voila, no motion sickness.

http://motioneaze.com/stop-seasickness-with-motioneaze/

I first used it on our Epic cruise, then have used it ever since. My fishing captain friend told me that the fishing charters all use it down here for the tourists charters - he also told me that he loved having his guests catch fish instead of "feeding" them LOL.

(Cruisers425Years I must have been typing as you were posting - great minds think alike LOL)

Edited by SeaHunt

My mother and I used these on our last cruise and they worked great. We didn't have any side effects like others have experienced. We also partnered the patches with ginger pills and felt great! Depending on insurance, the patches can be expensive, but worth it if you can have a great cruise!!