hotel maya CCL rate

surfer_00

Called hotel which didn't know of any such deals, then supervisor got on phone and said that is only available through the CCL booking and to call Carnival. We want date in November. Code didn't work using hotel directly. Guess it depends on who you talk with. We'll see what CCL says but I think I know the answer. Anyone have any other ideas? Name of someone?

Book this online! Go to Hotel Maya's home page, and enter the date you are arriving. At the next page, enter the number 0560018220 in the space for Corporate Account Number. The next page you pick the type of room you want, at the special Carnival rate. I believe Carnival's contract with the hotel allows you to get a room at the special rate until mid December 2011. Hopefully the hotel will renew the contract with Carnival for 2012.

I just booked this with the code listed in this thread. make sure you put the code in the category "Corporate Account Number" Got a king room with balcony and water view for 123.43 including tax. It shows 7 days parking, but also has listed parking charges self parking 15.00, so not sure what that is, does anyone know?

Thanks for the info on the hotel.

I just checked the website to book sep 17 stay for my sep 18 cruise, but looks like the rate is unavailable. I then checked sep 24 just to see if I input the code correctly, and it does work. does that mean the special rate for sep 17 sold out? Any suggestions? call hotel directly? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Apparently, the code does not work for 2012....yet. I tried booking one night before our February 5, 2012 cruise and the corporate rate is unavailable.

I sure hope they renew the contract.

It works now. I just booked it. Thanks for the thread all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They'll update the rate for 2013 in September....so keep trying back!

Thank you for the advice. I like to book way in advance to get the best deals....I guess I'll have to wait. I've been reading and researching the hotels in LB and everything seems to lead to the Maya. Right now it is showing $229/night for the night we would need it. Sounds too high to me:cool:

The code just worked for our November cruise and the rate is $109. We have stayed at the Maya twice before using this corporate code, and neither time were we charged anything for parking. Someone above had inquired about maybe being charged the first night. There is also a free bus service you can take from the hotel to a nice shopping and restaurant area if anyone is interested.

The code just worked for our November cruise and the rate is $109. We have stayed at the Maya twice before using this corporate code, and neither time were we charged anything for parking. Someone above had inquired about maybe being charged the first night. There is also a free bus service you can take from the hotel to a nice shopping and restaurant area if anyone is interested.

I am SO jealous! I booked and our rate was $227, but that is a King, bay view with a balcony, it was just $10 more than one without a balcony. I called them direct to inquire about a Carnival discount and they don't have one as far out as we are booked. They told me to call back later in the year and if there is one, they will give us the discounted room rate. Keeping my fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

I am SO jealous! I booked and our rate was $227, but that is a King, bay view with a balcony, it was just $10 more than one without a balcony. I called them direct to inquire about a Carnival discount and they don't have one as far out as we are booked. They told me to call back later in the year and if there is one, they will give us the discounted room rate. Keeping my fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

Good luck! Maybe it will all work out once you get a bit closer!

I too just used the code online and was able to get a room for 109.00 for March 18th. (125.43 after taxes) On page 4 of 5 of the registration process if you click on rate details it will show you getting the 7 days of parking. on page 5 of 5 after I already paid it does not show up. I called the hotel and they said it wouldn't be a problem and I wouldn't be charged extra for parking because the carnival rate code shows up on my reservation :) sweet deal because I normally pay 105 just for the parking at the pier

I too just used the code online and was able to get a room for 109.00 for March 18th. (125.43 after taxes) On page 4 of 5 of the registration process if you click on rate details it will show you getting the 7 days of parking. on page 5 of 5 after I already paid it does not show up. I called the hotel and they said it wouldn't be a problem and I wouldn't be charged extra for parking because the carnival rate code shows up on my reservation :) sweet deal because I normally pay 105 just for the parking at the pier

Stop, stop, you people are killing me with your good rates!!!!:cool:

You must be booked for 2013. They usually work out a new contract with Carnival around Sept. for the following year. You should have no trouble getting whatever the deal is at that point.

You must be booked for 2013. They usually work out a new contract with Carnival around Sept. for the following year. You should have no trouble getting whatever the deal is at that point.

That sounds encouraging. I'll put in on my calendar to check back in September. Thanks!:)

We're sailing on Princess April 6. I used the CCL Corporate Code and the discount rate came up - yea! My question is do they care if I'm on Princess and not CCL - do they check for cruise line docs upon check-in at the hotel? Since Princess is part of CCL I wouldn't think they'd mind.

No they don't care what cruise line you are on as long as you have the corporate code number (and remember Princess is part of Carnival anyway). But just a question, are you leaving from Long Beach or San Pedro? Hotel Maya gives a free shuttle only to Long Beach, I think they charge $30 to San Pedro.

You could probably catch a cab for less than that! I wish I could remember the name, but I used to get a pretty good park and cruise fare at a hotel that was right by the San Pedro pier when I used to sail on Royal Caribbean out of there. Perhaps you should check into that one.

No they don't care what cruise line you are on as long as you have the corporate code number (and remember Princess is part of Carnival anyway). But just a question, are you leaving from Long Beach or San Pedro? Hotel Maya gives a free shuttle only to Long Beach, I think they charge $30 to San Pedro.

We're leaving out of San Pedro. :( Oh well. I've just started researching hotels and everything I've read says to avoid San Pedro hotels, so I've mainly looked at LB hotels. It doesn't have to be a 5 star place - just some place clean and comfortable and within easy distance from the cruise terminal. Thanks for the info.

We're leaving out of San Pedro. :( Oh well. I've just started researching hotels and everything I've read says to avoid San Pedro hotels, so I've mainly looked at LB hotels. It doesn't have to be a 5 star place - just some place clean and comfortable and within easy distance from the cruise terminal. Thanks for the info.

The hotel I was thinking of is the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. I checked their rates for your sail date and they are quite a bit more than the Hotel Maya. If it were me, I would probably still stay at the Hotel Maya in Long Beach and pay for a cab, because you would still come out ahead since the room is so much cheaper.

There are other hotels availanle in Long Beach like you said. You didn't say whether or not you needed parking...so you may be able to go farther away if it is just a room that you want. Some of the hotels still might have a shuttle to the pier...or you can price cab fares to see what is the best deal. The West Coast departures board has some info on some other LB hotels too. Good luck.

If you're flying in, I did see a rate at the Crowne Plaza that included the Super Shuttle from the airport plus breakfast and the room....but it was pretty steep.

We are just back from our cruise on the Splendor and we stayed at the Maya. Originally we had booked one night with the CCL code for the weeks parking. Then, later we added a 2nd night and they matched the price, which was awesome. No charge extra for any parking.

Our friends booked really late and the CCL code was already sold out, but I encouraged her to mention it at the front desk and they matched the CCL price for her.

The Maya is VERY nice, great grounds. We actually drove to breakfast on cruise morning (Omelette Inn, EXCELLENT) then stopped at the cruise terminal and dropped off luggage and registered (zone 2, and free 30 minutes parking, we were done in about 15) then drove back to the hotel and walked to the ship. It is about a 10 minute walk along a path along the water. VERY nice if it's nice out!

The first night we had an issue with noise from our neighbors. The doors don't have any "slow hinges" so the door was slamming until about 3am with lots of talking and then the the "amorous" noises started. We could hear EVERYthing. I finally had enough and banged on the wall. It stopped. I complained lightly in the morning and they offered us free breakfast in the FUego, the hotel restaurant, which was nice (but I wouldn't have paid eht $19.00 per person). We would definitely go back to the Maya if we cruise from Long Beach again.

Archived