hotel maya CCL rate

surfer_00

We are just back from our cruise on the Splendor and we stayed at the Maya. ...

The first night we had an issue with noise from our neighbors. The doors don't have any "slow hinges" so the door was slamming until about 3am with lots of talking and then the the "amorous" noises started. We could hear EVERYthing. I finally had enough and banged on the wall. It stopped. I complained lightly in the morning and they offered us free breakfast in the FUego, the hotel restaurant, which was nice (but I wouldn't have paid eht $19.00 per person). We would definitely go back to the Maya if we cruise from Long Beach again.

Wavesprite -- What type of room did you have at the Maya? Garden view or water view? I'm wondering if it makes a difference as to the noise level we can expect, especially on a Saturday night.

Wavesprite -- What type of room did you have at the Maya? Garden view or water view? I'm wondering if it makes a difference as to the noise level we can expect, especially on a Saturday night.

We had a waterview, it was so NICE!! It was in Building 4 by the pool. I believe the noise was because of the doors not having the springy release so they shut slowly, they just slam AND the fact that it was an adjoining room, with the door between rooms. There wasn't any noise from outside other then the slamming doors....

Oh, and I think the hotel knows about how loud their rooms are because in each room is 2 pairs of disposable ear plugs! haha

The second night we were there, we asked that they move our friends from a regular room to the adjoining room so at least if they were loud we could text them and tell them, or visa versa, NO problems at all!!! We could barely hear them, so maybe we just got unlucky that first night with the partiers!

We had a waterview, it was so NICE!! It was in Building 4 by the pool. I believe the noise was because of the doors not having the springy release so they shut slowly, they just slam AND the fact that it was an adjoining room, with the door between rooms. There wasn't any noise from outside other then the slamming doors....

Oh, and I think the hotel knows about how loud their rooms are because in each room is 2 pairs of disposable ear plugs! haha

The second night we were there, we asked that they move our friends from a regular room to the adjoining room so at least if they were loud we could text them and tell them, or visa versa, NO problems at all!!! We could barely hear them, so maybe we just got unlucky that first night with the partiers!

Thanks Wavesprite, We also booked a water view room, at the special CCL rate. I get so excited on the night before embarkation that it's hard to sleep anyway. As long as the room is clean (ie bug-free), I'm happy. Now I just have to hope for a seat sale so I can book the flights :cool:.

Mary Anne

Thanks Wavesprite, We also booked a water view room, at the special CCL rate. I get so excited on the night before embarkation that it's hard to sleep anyway. As long as the room is clean (ie bug-free), I'm happy. Now I just have to hope for a seat sale so I can book the flights :cool:.

Mary Anne

The rooms were clean!!!! :)

Got rate 109.00 Dec 29, 2012 :D

Garden View 2 Queens

SO close.....my date, that is.....I'm still waiting for the January 13 rates. I just tried it again and no luck:( But, your Dec 29, 2012 date is very close, so hopefully, the dates for 2012 will open up soon:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Maggie: I'd like to know too where did you folks find the "code" originally? I just tried it again today for next January and it still does not work. I am subscribed to this thread so I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your input:)

Hi Maggie: I'd like to know too where did you folks find the "code" originally? I just tried it again today for next January and it still does not work. I am subscribed to this thread so I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your input:)

You can just call and ask for the Carnival special rate. We stayed here in November 2011 and it was very convenient. Staying here again next Saturday. By time you figure how much it costs to park at the port this is quite a deal.

You can just call and ask for the Carnival special rate. We stayed here in November 2011 and it was very convenient. Staying here again next Saturday. By time you figure how much it costs to park at the port this is quite a deal.

I DID call and they are not showing the special rate for the night before our cruise, January 18th, 2013. But I will keep on watching to see when they release the discounted rate for next year.:D

I DID call and they are not showing the special rate for the night before our cruise, January 18th, 2013. But I will keep on watching to see when they release the discounted rate for next year.:D

Oh probably too far out. I hope they keep it because it is a great deal. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

NEWS to report! The special Carnival rates now appy for our sailing next year in January! Woo-hoo! Just remember to give them the Carnival code if you call or book on line, 0560018220. I just saved $70 for the specific room that I was booking!:D

Rate Details Carnival Cruise

P41- CARNIVAL CRUISE RATE $99 thru Dec 11, Jan-Dec 12: $109, (Jun-Aug:$139) INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF PARKING DURING CRUISE AND FREE SHUTTLE TO LONG BEACH PEIR ONLY

OK, the above was written on their www site when booking and clicking on "details". How do u get from pier to HOTEL to get your car? I dont care if the reservationist says of course they will pick u up verbally . What's written is what the package is. Right?

Or do we just get a cab to the hotel?

P41- CARNIVAL CRUISE RATE $99 thru Dec 11, Jan-Dec 12: $109, (Jun-Aug:$139) INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF PARKING DURING CRUISE AND FREE SHUTTLE TO LONG BEACH PEIR ONLY

OK, the above was written on their www site when booking and clicking on "details". How do u get from pier to HOTEL to get your car? I dont care if the reservationist says of course they will pick u up verbally . What's written is what the package is. Right?

Many have posted on this board that they do have shuttle. If you don't want to wait, use a cab--but they will probably be unhappy as it is such a short trip. Or have one person walk over (10 to 15 minutes) and return with the car to pick up the luggage.

NEWS to report! The special Carnival rates now appy for our sailing next year in January! Woo-hoo! Just remember to give them the Carnival code if you call or book on line, 0560018220. I just saved $70 for the specific room that I was booking!:D

Oh dear, my roll call friends tell me that I got the Crew/Officer rate, P51 and P52. I don't know why the reservations person gave me their rate and it is HIGHER than the Carnival passenger rates, but still MUCH lower than regular rates. I guess the passengers rates for our cruise which is in January of next year are not posted yet. I guess I'll have to call them back.....:( I just assumed when I put in the Corporate code and the new rates popped up, they were intended for the general public (Carnival Passengers). I am sure not having much luck.......

Thanx... $109 ($125 w/ tax) - 2 queens garden view. I wonder if I can use the free parking for the night of the 15th - I am renting a car and was planning on turning it in on the morning of the 16th.

Just wanted to mention that I tried today to get the CCL "sail and park" rate at the May Hotel, and it isn't available for July. :( Tried online and calling. I'm waiting for a call back from someone at the Queen Mary, they weren't showing anything either. Crossing fingers.

In the past when the Hotel Maya is full, the Long Beach Hilton will accept the code. Same rate--includes parking. Give them a call.

The Long Beach Hilton was the original hotel with the park and sail package until Hilton purchase the Hotel Maya and made it part of its Doubletree chain.

Ok, this is an update for those cruising starting in January 2013. Carnival discounted rates for posted now and although they say Carnival Crew, they are the passenger rates. The rates have increased for 2013, but still much cheaper than what they'd be without the discount. You still use the same code.......

Archived