Favorite Beach in the CARIBBEAN

Wilbo

I realize I haven't been in most of the beaches you mention!!!!

I would say my favorite has been Mambo Beach in Curacao. Blue waters, white sand and nice facilities. It was easter, we were on honeymoon, and the beach was surprisingly empty! Then we walked to the aquarium and had some fun.

Second, I would say Magen's Bay in St. Thomas. And third, Pigeon Point in Tobago.

The Baths on Virgin Gorda is totally cool, but the best I've ever seen is Little Dix Bay, also on Virgin Gorda. Only beach I've ever been on that looks like a travel poster: no ticky-tacky junky shacks, no wall to wall people, no vendors, no beach toy crap, just sheer beauty. If you want a drink, walk over to the hotel and get one at a really pretty beach bar, not like those dumps on Orient beach. Plus they didn't charge us a dime for beach chairs, maybe they didn't see us? Or maybe they make their $$$ with the bar/restaurant: $13.00 for a glass of wine! Worthe every penny, though.

The beaches of Morrocoy, Venezuela. These truly are tropical paradise! It is like being on Gilligan's island! You are alone on a Caribbean island! You rent a local with his/her boat (just like taxis in big U.S. cities) and he/she will carry you to these islands. They can drop you off for a day or just take you island hopping. Because this is a national park, there is nothing on these islands as far as restaurants or facilities. You pack a picnic/snacks with you. The water is clear, beautiful! We lived in Venezuela for a year back in 2002 so we were there for a week with locals. I would not go today with the political situation like it is. Hopefully that will get better and we can visit it there again one day.

http://www.freelancer.com.ar/morrocoy-venezuela-beaches.htm

Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas- we were there on an uncrowded day-beautiful swimming.

Half Moon Cay- very pleasant.

Blue Bay Beach in Curacao- good swimming and snorkeling.

Palm Beach in Aruba- busy, but beautiful.

I agree with Magen's Bay Beach! I went there in 2009 during Spring Break and it was still pretty empty and the water was crystal blue, warm, and just plain beautiful!!! My family and I had a pretty big section all to ourselves. Loved it!!:)

Number One favorite of all time is:Cinnamon Bay in St. John (second choice Trunk Bay)

Crane Beach in Barbados as well as the beach along by the Boatyard, Carlisle Bay

Morningstar Beach, St. Thomas (Meagan's Bay only if no other cruise ships in port)

Gran Anse Beach, Grenada or the next one Morne Rouge (less busy)

Palm Beach in Aruba (altho it's been stirred up quite alot lately but you can walk along it a long ways)

Curacao's Mambo Beach

St. Lucia--found a secret beach near the pitons that has a bat cave and a champagne reef--I could tell you where but then I'd have to ... lol

Cane Garden Bay in Tortola, then Brewers Bay if Cane is too busy

The Baths in Virgin Gorda

Cockleshell beach in St. Kitts --2 ends to this beach--each has its own fun.

Orient Beach in St. Martin

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Dickenson Bay, Antigua

Grace Bay Beach,(Providenciales, Turks and Caicos):

Seven Mile Beach ,Grand Cayman

Samana island beach in DR--you can see the cruise ship from it but it is far enough removed from hustle and bustle.

Luquillo Beach (Puerto Rico) and Shoal Bay (Anguilla): 2 on my definite to check out beaches on my bucket list along with the out islands of Puerto Rico and the Exuma Out Islands of the Bahamas.

The beaches of Morrocoy, Venezuela. These truly are tropical paradise! It is like being on Gilligan's island! You are alone on a Caribbean island! You rent a local with his/her boat (just like taxis in big U.S. cities) and he/she will carry you to these islands. They can drop you off for a day or just take you island hopping. Because this is a national park, there is nothing on these islands as far as restaurants or facilities. You pack a picnic/snacks with you. The water is clear, beautiful! We lived in Venezuela for a year back in 2002 so we were there for a week with locals. I would not go today with the political situation like it is. Hopefully that will get better and we can visit it there again one day.

http://www.freelancer.com.ar/morrocoy-venezuela-beaches.htm

It's good to know you liked my country! I was going to put lots of beaches in Venezuela, but didn't want to, because there is no cruise presently going there (And this is a Cruise Forum :p )

Morrocoy is just one example, but you find the same in other national parks, like Los Roques and Mochima, for example. I used to live in Lecheria, a town in east Venezuela, where you can have your boat in the backyard (ala Venice). In 30min you can be in a deserted island of Mochima national park, just for you and your family.

Emerald Bay Beach in Great Exuma

Arnos Vale Beach in Tobago

Sandy Lane Beach in Barbadoes (don't even think about getting on this beach unless you are staying here or know the GM) Spent my honeymoon here 43 yrs ago when it was owned by Trust House Forte Hotels and went back a few times since - still as beautiful as ever.

Bequia Beach

Love, love, love the beach at Little Dix Bay Hotel, BVI

Buck Island Beach in St Croix, VI

Turtle Bay Beach in Caneel Bay, St John's. VI

Jamaica Inn's Beach at Ocho Rios

Cotton Bay Beach in Antigua

Any beach in Barbuda

Luquillo Beach, PR

Phosphorescent Bay, Vieques, PR (worth seeing this at night-vy beautiful)

Meads Bay, Barnes Bay, Rendezvous Bay, and most spectacular of all beaches in Anguilla

Shoal Bay Beach

I worked many yrs for the airlines and spent lots & lots of time in every Caribbean island. IMHO the beaches in Anguilla are without a doubt the most beautiful in the world.

In 30min you can be in a deserted island of Mochima national park, just for you and your family.

Yes, that is exactly what the beaches at Morrocoy were like! It spoiled me! I told my husband that these cruise ships talk about their "private islands" but the Venezuela beaches were true private islands! Words cannot describe the beauty and relaxation that we experienced! I would love to return one day!

We lived in Maracaibo for a year, 2002. We lived there through coupe that year. We made some wonderful friends and hope to visit Venezuela again when the political situation settles down......hopefully..........

Number One favorite of all time is:Cinnamon Bay in St. John (second choice Trunk Bay)

Crane Beach in Barbados as well as the beach along by the Boatyard, Carlisle Bay

Morningstar Beach, St. Thomas (Meagan's Bay only if no other cruise ships in port)

Palm Beach in Aruba (altho it's been stirred up quite alot lately but you can walk along it a long ways)

Curacao's Mambo Beach

St. Lucia--found a secret beach near the pitons that has a bat cave and a champagne reef--I could tell you where but then I'd have to ... lol

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Dickenson Bay, Antigua

Samana island beach in DR--you can see the cruise ship from it but it is far enough removed from hustle and bustle.

Luquillo Beach (Puerto Rico) and Shoal Bay (Anguilla): 2 on my definite to check out beaches on my bucket list along with the out islands of Puerto Rico and the Exuma Out Islands of the Bahamas.

It may have been easier for you to tell us just which beaches you DON'T like.

I also vote for Shoal Bay or Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla.....

We are considering taking the ferry from St Maarten to Anguilla for our April cruise so the kids can see Anguilla.... I am not worried about the ferries... they run from sunrise to sunset every 30 minutes both ways (in calm seas).... I am worried about the traffic in St Maarten and how much time we will actually spend on the beach after the travel time since Shoal Bay is about a 20 min cab ride from the ferry.... (I am not about to set my alarm while cruising!!!)

So I figure....

Dock at 8am

Off Ship at 10am

Cab to Ferry (20-30 min) $20-30 (depending on number of people)

On Ferry around 1030am (20 min ride) $15/ea + departure tax

Cab to Beach (20 min) $20

Arrive Shoal Bay 1130am

Leave Shoal Bay 2pm

Cab to Ferry (20 min) $20

Ferry 230-3 $15/ea + departure tax

Cab to Ship (30 min) $20-30 (depending on number of people)

Arrive at Ship 330-4pm

Not sure if its worth it for just a couple hours and a lot of money since there are 5 of us..... probably not.

My hubby and I will be back in Anguilla in December.... the kids might just have to wait!

Curacao's Mambo Beach

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Dickenson Bay, Antigua

Welcome to C.C.

We've been to many beaches in the Bahamas, Orient Beach, Megan's Bay, Trunk Bay, Seven Mile GC, West bank in Roatan, and many in Mexico and Jamaica. Our favorite to date is Half Moon Cay; it has the beauty of Trunk Bay with the convenience of Cabana seating. The waves are as gentle as Seven Mile with the added view of our ship straight away instead of off in the distance up the beach. The sand at Half Moon Cay is nearly as white and powdery as Clearwater Beach in Florida. 'Nearly.' So far Clearwater Beach has the best sand of ANY beach we've ever visited.

We are looking forward to returning to Half Moon Cay this April and already have our cabana reserved online (Carnival just recently began offering online reservations for the cabanas).

It is so hard to choose. I love

Half Moon Cay

Shell Beach in St. Barths

St. John's (Sorry, I can't remember exactly which one we went too)

Halycon in Antigua (this was many years ago; it might have changed)

Grand Anse in Grenada (that is where I got engaged)

Archived