Favorite Beach in the CARIBBEAN

Wilbo

I agree...Trunk Bay. The water is so clear, it's hard to see it. And it's about body-temperature, so you really don't "feel" it...an odd sensation....in the super-clear, warm water, with only the buoyancy to tell you you ARE in the water.....beautiful!

shoal bay in anguilla or for that matter almost any beach in anguilla. Also love the beach at Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda, BVI

Hi Helen. Did you make the visit to Anguilla from St. Martin while cruising? We've been toying with the idea but are unsure about the reliability of the ferry boats making it back to the ship ontime. Is this idea feasible at all?

Jake

Hi Helen. Did you make the visit to Anguilla from St. Martin while cruising? We've been toying with the idea but are unsure about the reliability of the ferry boats making it back to the ship ontime. Is this idea feasible at all?

Jake[/quote

Hi Jake, No, I never tried doing this and I think the ferry is not all that reliable. We stayed in Anguilla many, many yrs ago before it became so popular & pricey. We have been back a few times and always enjoy all of the beaches in Anguilla but Shoal Bay is just very special.

We were in Antigua at St. John's Anglican Cathedral and there were some local high school boy's there. We talked to them for a while about where to go and they told us that Jolly Beach was the best and they were right. We have now been there twice and love it. Not many people and a restaurant with good food. We took a local taxi maybe 20 minutes from the ship. You can rent wave runners and more. The water and beach are the best. You can't go wrong here.

Thanks for the heads up Helen, we'll get there some other time. We often go to Maho beach then spend time at the beach by the cruise port. Maybe we'll try Orient beach this time around, never been.

Jake

Hi Jake, If you're looking for a beach within walking distance of the port, you might want to consider the Pasanggrahan Hotel. Very small older hotel right on the beach - they have been here for yrs & yrs. They welcome cruise ship tourists and allow you to use their beach chairs & umbrellas in return for you purchasing either drinks or lunch. It is not Shoal Bay by a long shot but the pluses do outweigh any minuses. Have a great cruise.

My favorite beaches where, when I was on a Seadream Cruise in the US, British Virgin and French West Indies. Quite often we do a port in the morning then in the afternoon we would anchor off a small island beach and take the zodiac ashore. These beaches were beautiful and even better because they were empty.

Archived