best seats in BA World Traveler Plus?

poss

Tried seatguru-- didn't much help. (Also, that site has led me astray more than once; sometimes it's been helpful though.)

Very much hoping to hear from folks who've traveled on British Airways WT Plus and can give me first-hand advice.

Thanks again.

Gardyloo: For the so manyth time-- thanks for responding!

We get our air through our cruise-line; even on BA, we get seat assignments at time of booking.

I thought that the seats in Plus are 2,2,and 2. No? And are all those side seats created equal? E.g. no window views blocked? I enjoy looking out.

THANKS!

We get our air through our cruise-line; even on BA, we get seat assignments at time of booking.

Hi

I was interested in this thread because WTP is our preferred class of BA seating. We have never managed to get seat assignments from BA at time of booking when we have used cruise air. Can you tell me what cruise line has this arrangement with BA?

Thanks

Like Gardyloo, we would be happy with any 2 at the sides - on any of the BA aircraft.

However, of these, we are not too fussy about the bulkhead seats due to the location of the tv in the seat arm rest and we have sometimes found the legroom less than the seats behind. Furthermore, these bulkhead seats often have bassinette shelves for babies and I have been informed that if you choose these seats, BA are at liberty to reallocate them to passengers travelling with very young children.

There's nothing particularly special about any of the WT+ seats on a 777, unfortunately. I would definitely go for a side pair rather than seats in the DEFG centre block.

If you can get a bulkhead side pair, many would regard that as good. But there's usually less "foot room" in a bulkhead seat even though there's more "face room". In this configuration, the aisle seats will also tend to get hit by the flapping curtain when crew move through it, which irritates me no end. In any event, every pair at the bulkheads has one bassinet position, so you won't be able to get these until they're released for general pre-allocation about three days before the flight (and even then I don't know whether your pre-allocation privileges would allow you to get these at that point). They will become freely available when online check-in opens.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about row 25, if you want a seat that has nobody behind you. IIRC, the toilets are the other side of the curtain so there is a little bit of distance to the side pairs.

Archived