Istanbul - Disembarkation Time

McMer

Hi All! We have an upcoming cruise on Mariner in a few months which ends in Istanbul. We arrive at 6:00am and are planning to spend a few days in Istanbul. I know that we need a visa, and Regent is handling that for us, but I'm wondering if that will complicate and/or delay our disembarkation. We'd like to fit in a full day of touring, so does anyone have a guess as to what time we could have a tour car to pick us up?

It's been a few years, but I remember our disembarkation happening very smoothly with no particular delay because of visas. Can't comment on a safe time to be picked up for a tour, although I would imagine 9 a.m. would be perfectly safe. Enjoy Istanbul, it's a wonderful city.

Istanbul is easy. You just walk off the ship whenever you want. The visa is already in your passport. We disembarked for the airport at 6 am last time we were there. But you can get off anytime you want. There will be no holdup for customs.

McMer--we are on the same cruise. I contacted my hotel to see what the best transportation option would be. They said to take a cab from the port and the cost should be around 10 euros. We will do just that--grab a cab as early as possible, take the luggage to our hotel (near Topkapi Palace), grab the guidebooks, and hit the streets. Can't wait!

Thanks everyone for the info. We've been there before and seen many of the main sights, so we thought we would try for some different sights this time. I can't remember and wasn't really paying attention before, but am I correct in assuming that we will dock at Karakoy-Yolcu Salonu?

Archived