Park n Stay hotels in Boston?

Mary in Maine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Look at trinityreservations.com - Embassy Suites (which is almost on the airport property) is $215 including taxes - a very good deal. Holiday Inn Express is $145 and the Wyndham is $153 - these hotels are several miles away in Saugus and Chelsea. Stay123 also offers some park/sleeps, but they do not quote including taxes- you have to start to book the room to get the real price. The Best Western is in Quincy, which is not convenient for you coming from Maine.

I used trinity for Newark Airport and was very satisfied.

Janetz - you have a good point. I'm just answering the question without thinking about it. Mary in Maine - Please tell us more about your overall plans for Boston. Are you coming in for several days precruise and then sailing for a week? Embassy Suites at the airport may not be your best choice. I am seeing our favorite 3 1/2* Back Bay hotel (the Sheraton) on Hotwire for $100 + tax for July 18-22. That's a fabulous deal. Embassy Suites would be at least $850 for 4 nights and you are staying in East Boston at the airport. Ugh! The Sheraton would be $475 - that leaves you almost $400 for parking. The pier parking costs $16/day, so for 7 days it is $112. You can park your car at the Hynes Convention Center by the Sheraton for $17/day. The total would be well under $850.

I would definitely advise what I suggested in my last post. Get the $100 room on Hotwire - You will be in Back Bay/Copley - easy access to the "T" to get to other Boston destinations. Super nice upscale area with lots of restaurants and shopping - places to walk around and hang out in the evening (as opposed to the Embassy Suites lobby at the airport). Pay for the parking - do the Hynes for 4 days and then drive yourself over to the port to get their $16/day parking rate for cruisers. When you get off your cruise, your car will be right there to go home.

I can research the parking a bit more - you should have a definite plan and not just pull into park anywhere. You can call ahead to confirm rates and get directions.

I'm not recommending they park at the hotel - the Hynes Convention Center which is around the corner advertises parking for $17/day. That's not unreasonable. Of course the hotel is always an option. If they're interested, I can research alternatives.

I'm not recommending they park at the hotel - the Hynes Convention Center which is around the corner advertises parking for $17/day. That's not unreasonable. Of course the hotel is always an option. If they're interested, I can research alternatives.

Ohhhhh....so sorry.

Don't be sorry - I appreciate your support about my advice. If you're going to spend 4 days in Boston, you should do it in a very nice area, not the airport. You can definitely go into Boston from Embassy Suites, but IMO you don't want to walk around the area. That means you need to rely on the hotel shuttle to take you to and from the Blue Line. That's OK for one overnight, but not 4 days. The OP will be in Boston in July - it will be light late. I can't think of any place nicer than Back Bay to stroll around on a hot summer night.

I have been searching online and don't see the $17/dat parking at the Hynes Convention Center.. I did see $39/day at the Prudential Center. What's the best way to find parking option in Boston? I looked at one site that was mentioned but that didn't make any reference to the Hynes Convention Center either.

@138east - Carol, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I had to thank you for your tips on Boston hotels and booking them. :) My wife and I are sailing out of BOS 10/22/2011 on Jewel OTS. We are arriving in BOS just before noon by air on 10/20 and staying a 2 nights visiting BOS pre-cruise. My $141 bid via Priceline.com for a 3 1/2 star hotel in the "Copley Square - Theatre District got accepted by the Sheraton Boston Hotel, which is a 54% savings, when compared to booking the same through Travelocity or Expedia. Total with taxes is $333 compared to $717! Below is a link where I sahred this info with the others on our sailing, where I gave you some well deserved credit. Thanks again Carol! -Steve (a/k/a Stang05)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1321471&page=2

Don't be sorry - I appreciate your support about my advice. If you're going to spend 4 days in Boston, you should do it in a very nice area, not the airport. You can definitely go into Boston from Embassy Suites, but IMO you don't want to walk around the area. That means you need to rely on the hotel shuttle to take you to and from the Blue Line. That's OK for one overnight, but not 4 days. The OP will be in Boston in July - it will be light late. I can't think of any place nicer than Back Bay to stroll around on a hot summer night.

This is excellent advice!

Thanks Blue Herons! MaryinMaine got a fantastic deal on the Sheraton and I'm glad she's taking advantage of it. Hotwire for the Sheraton has been wonderful for cruisers this year - a ton of folks on the Jewel repo at the end of October are getting a similar deal. If you check the rack rates, they run $300+++ for a comparable hotel.

Archived