Blu, Tuscon Grill on formal night question?

SilkShirt

My wife and I will be on an 11night on the Equinox next month. We are in Aqua class.

We have no intention to visit the MDR or buffet.

Our evening meals will be at Blu and Tuscon grill. I plan on dressing smart casual every night.

Is this going to be a problem?

My wife and I will be on an 11night on the Equinox next month. We are in Aqua class.

Our evening meals will be at Blu and Tuscon grill. I plan on dressing smart casual every night.

It certainly wouldn't be a problem with me, but no doubt it will give "The Clothes Police" fits!;)

Celebritys dress code for all specialty restaurants is smart casual every night...

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Code

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty dining restaurants is "Smart Casual and Above" for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000l1_0KOziD21Vt36f7mSguDs:12hdebebp;jsessionid=0000q5Xb2uvINryrgFOLSEpi9HA:12hdebdrn?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=2728&pagename=faq_answers

It certainly wouldn't be a problem with me, but no doubt it will give "The Clothes Police" fits!;)

You know it would be just as easy to find the link and post it instead of trying to start another argumentative clothes thread. Why not just take the time to actually answer the question factually...

The formal dress code applies to Blu on formal nights.

I thought this too... however, there has been LOTS of discussion in the past as to whether Blu is a specialty restaurant or not. There probably is conflicting information on Celebrity's website!

I've been in Blu for 7 cruises and have observed more men in formal ware there than in the MDR. This is especially true for longer cruises. I've also observed more jackets worn in Blu than in MDR on smart casual nights. Obviously there are always exceptions.

You know it would be just as easy to find the link and post it instead of trying to start another argumentative clothes thread. Why not just take the time to actually answer the question factually...

The facts are that someone who is dressed smart casual wouldn't bother me at all. On the other hand as evidenced by many posts on many threads, some choose to get worked up over it.

I thought this too... however, there has been LOTS of discussion in the past as to whether Blu is a specialty restaurant or not. There probably is conflicting information on Celebrity's website!

We always dress black tie in Blu on formal nights; and, although we do not concern ourselves with the dress of others, we have observed that most folks dress in formal attire on those nights in Blu.

We always dress black tie in Blu on formal nights; and, although we do not concern ourselves with the dress of others, we have observed that most folks dress in formal attire on those nights in Blu.

I appreciate all the feedback. Would the other specialty restaurants be a better fit for me on formal nights?

Just off the Eclipse sailing last week. In Blu, most were dressed according to the suggested dress for the evening. On men, more suits than tuxes perhaps because of the seven day cruise as opposed to the longer cruises? Anyway, for the most part, folks looked like they put some effort into what they wore in Blu. Not sure but could be a different demographic?

Absolutely, Celebrity's info on their web site says that the dress on formal night in Blu is "smart casual" and this is due to their conflicting sections of the web site. On one section they define Blu specificially as a Specialty restaurant.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/specialtyDining/Blu.do;jsessionid=0000b8zFOKUexc3usP1pyyyUeUU:12hdebcnj?pagename=sl_blu_detail

They then state that the dress code for all specialty restaurants is smart casual regardless of the dress code in the MDR.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000l1_0KOziD21Vt36f7mSguDs:12hdebebp;jsessionid=0000b8zFOKUexc3usP1pyyyUeUU:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=2728&pagename=faq_answers

This has caused a problem since cruisers are coming back and saying they did not bring formal clothes based on the web site and found that they were requesting formal in Blu. Fortunately they have been providing the men with jackets.

Just off the Eclipse sailing last week. In Blu, most were dressed according to the suggested dress for the evening. On men, more suits than tuxes perhaps because of the seven day cruise as opposed to the longer cruises? Anyway, for the most part, folks looked like they put some effort into what they wore in Blu. Not sure but could be a different demographic?

I agree with your report and assessment.

We also thought that formal applied in Blu - however, there was a wide variety of clothing, so I guess smart casual is ok.

We were in AQ on Eclipse for the 1/15 sailing. On the 2nd formal night, a gentleman arrived at Blu wearing slacks and a polo shirt. The maitre d' brought him a jacket to borrow --- it was way too big and looked ridiculous, but he put it on and wore it all through dinner. I didn't see any sign of them offering to switch it for another.

On the Solstice Formal Night in Blu. Those without Jackets were loaned one by the Maitre 'D before they were seated. A couple of people were turned away because they were wearing T-shirts or Shorts. Blu may be considered a "Specialty" Restaurant on the Website; but it is also considered the "Main" Dining Room for Aqua Class. As such, it is Formal on Formal Night.

There is always the Buffet if you do not want to dress.

I made this post last week. Thanks for your responses. I want to let you know that I listened.

I will be wearing a Tux on the formals nights!

I tried on my old tux, and it was Big on me. I just bought a new one and

I'm feeling much more comfortable with the dining situation.

I wear a suit everyday at work. My complaint was that I didn't want to take work clothes on vacation. So for the people who my think that I caved to the "clothing police", I never wear a tux to work!

We just got back from a cruise on the Equinox. There are two formal nights. The rest are casual. On the first night I went black tie as did about half the guests. The others all wore suits or at least jacket and tie. On the second formal night I wore a business suit.

Having said that, it's not a big deal. If you want to play it safe,take a suit or at least a jacket and tie.

Have a great time.

The facts are that someone who is dressed smart casual wouldn't bother me at all. On the other hand as evidenced by many posts on many threads, some choose to get worked up over it.

Yup, those who choose to argue against the dress codes, those who abide by them are usually just answering questions with a very few exceptions. If you go back on all the dress codes you will see those who really get worked up over them are those who do not abide by them.

Archived