Life Aboard the Crown...and (Near) Death as Well...Seven Days of Excitement

SailorJack

:D I am doubled over laughing - the absolute best review I have ever read, and now I can go back and pick up on the ones I missed, apparently! Jack, don't you and Sailor Jill want come come to Alaska in September with us? I would love to meet you - are you as funny in person?

As you may recall from my reviews I am Canadian (BC) and have spent some time in our neighbour to the north (Alaska) so a cruise there would not be new to us. Besides, I tend to be a warm weather cruiser and enjoy the Caribbean and Med. That said, the Alaska cruises are great and I know you will enjoy yours.:)

SailorJill often implies that my writings display my true personality, but I try to hide it when others are around.:D

I always enjoy a Sailorjack review! When is your next adventure?:)

Nest trip is on the Splendour of the Seas in May.

Got your message Jack.

WE definitely have to do the same cruise someday. You get top billing.

What would be fun to do is to take the same cruise and each write a review. It would be interesting to see our different (or even same) take on such an adventure.:D

You've just GOT to publish a compendium of your reviews. Even if you only sell them to your loyal minions on CC, you could be looking at a minor windfall......:D

A nice idea, but that sounds like too much work!:D:D

Hey Jack,

When you get a chance, drop back to the Alaska review and leave an e-mail address in the comments.;)

Done.

By the way, are you an Ayn Rand fan?:)

Another great review! What a great way to end a not so great day. :)

Thanks! Hope today is better for you.:)

Jack

I agree with previous reply. You should write a book!.

well, not exactly a book, but CC poster groo" has compliled all of my reviews and made them available to anyone with a e-reader. That is probably the closest I will ever come to seeing a "book".:D

As I was scouting the CC board came across your title review and of course I had to stop and read. What a comical and entertaining revue. I had to come up for "Air" after laughing

so hard by your witty word play and description of events. Now I will have to go back and read your other "Tales"..this time I will be prepared with tissue and a drink!!!

Thanks for adding laughter to my day!!

As I was scouting the CC board came across your title review and of course I had to stop and read. What a comical and entertaining revue. I had to come up for "Air" after laughing

so hard by your witty word play and description of events. Now I will have to go back and read your other "Tales"..this time I will be prepared with tissue and a drink!!!

Thanks for adding laughter to my day!!

Thanks for your comments..glad you enjoyed it. If you haven't already seen, links to my other reviews are in my signature.

Jack

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you, that was brilliant. I hope we meet someone like you on our cruise. You sound like so much fun.

I will go now and check out all your other reviews.

Glad you like it! I see you are on the Coral Princess for the Panama Canal next year. We are also looking at that one, but have not committed to it yet. We did a Panama Canal trip several years ago on the Royal Princess (before I started writing reviews) and enjoyed it so much we want to do it again.

Oh my god your write-up was tooooooo funny!!!!! Loved it....one of the best reviews I have read. Thank you for making my evening.

I am sooooooo glad you enjoyed it.:D

Love your reviews! If you aren't a professional writer, you sure could be.. thanks for the great reads :D

Thanks. I am not a professional writer, although I served a stint as a corporate speech writer in one of my incarnations. The only thing I write now (besides checks to pay the bills) are cruise reviews.:D

By the way, I love your screen name...it is one of my favorite summer drinks.:)

Had to read all your reviews. MAN you are funny. laughed and laughed.

Glad you enjoyed them. The next one should appear in about six weeks. It will be on the RCI board.

...about halfway into the docking area, the Captain suddenly threw the ship into first gear and we high tailed it out to the open sea. I guess they heard he was coming.

We did this itinerary last April and actually got to Roatan. It was 104+F there and they carried a few passngers back to the ship. You didn't miss anything. Really. We were luckyCaptain Crash Nash even got into the parking spot.

Thanks for sharing.

...about halfway into the docking area, the Captain suddenly threw the ship into first gear and we high tailed it out to the open sea. I guess they heard he was coming.

We did this itinerary last April and actually got to Roatan. It was 104+F there and they carried a few passngers back to the ship. You didn't miss anything. Really. We were luckyCaptain Crash Nash even got into the parking spot.

Thanks for sharing.

"Captain Crash Nash"..loved it.:D You sound like you were not too impressed with Roatan. Not having been there (obviously:)) I will have to old my opinion until (and if) we ever try to dock there again. But 104degree temperature does seem a bit extreme.:eek: Tht sounds like a pool day to me!

I just happened across your story. Thanks for sharing your adventure. You are a great writer:D

Thanks..glad you enjoyed it.

well, not exactly a book, but CC poster groo" has compliled all of my reviews and made them available to anyone with a e-reader. That is probably the closest I will ever come to seeing a "book".:D

Good morning SailorJack,

We have to tell you how much we enjoyed your recent review. We are preparing for our Panama Canal cruise (so excited !) and have been checking the Princess boards regularly.

You are a keen observer and a very funny author. Thanks for the entertainment.

We have searched the CC boards for the e-reader compilation but have been unsuccessful. Maybe you could point us in the right direction? Thank you.

Andy and Bonnie:)

Good morning SailorJack,

We have to tell you how much we enjoyed your recent review. We are preparing for our Panama Canal cruise (so excited !) and have been checking the Princess boards regularly.

You are a keen observer and a very funny author. Thanks for the entertainment.

We have searched the CC boards for the e-reader compilation but have been unsuccessful. Maybe you could point us in the right direction? Thank you.

Andy and Bonnie:)

Andy and Bonnie:

As I don't have an e-reader (but I AM thinking about it:)) I did not save the link for groo's compilation. Perhaps he will see this string and post it again.

I am envious of your upcoming Canal cruise. We did one several years ago and it was one of our favorites. A couple of comments - It was so hot that most people found lounges in the shade, so be prepared just in case.

Secondly, we found that by getting lounges in the very back of the ship we were able to watch the scenery on both sides of the ship rather than having to run from one side to the other to see items of interest.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

Thanks for the advice :)

I will continue my search for your review compilation.

Andy

edit: I didn't realize that "groo" was a cc member, I thought it was your humorous label for a cc guru. Google (as always) was my friend and led me to the following site for anyone who is interested. The compilation is in epub format.

http://www.triplelake.net/darry/sailorjack.epub

Thanks for the advice :)

I will continue my search for your review compilation.

Andy

edit: I didn't realize that "groo" was a cc member, I thought it was your humorous label for a cc guru. Google (as always) was my friend and led me to the following site for anyone who is interested. The compilation is in epub format.

http://www.triplelake.net/darry/sailorjack.epub

Thanks for posting the link. I will save it for future use!

I should have thought of Google myself, but as I have trouble even spelling Komputer I often find myself unable to perform basic functions on one.:)

Archived