Life Aboard the Crown...and (Near) Death as Well...Seven Days of Excitement

SailorJack

Are you sure Sailor Jack isn't an alias for Dave Berry? I laughed so hard and then went back and re-read the "Dream/Nightmare." That is as funny as anything I've ever in my life read! When you post your next reviews, would you please post to this thread to give all of your fans a head up? Thanks for the belly laughs ...

Are you sure Sailor Jack isn't an alias for Dave Berry? I laughed so hard and then went back and re-read the "Dream/Nightmare." That is as funny as anything I've ever in my life read! When you post your next reviews, would you please post to this thread to give all of your fans a head up? Thanks for the belly laughs ...
I clicked the wrong link and unsubscribed. So this post is for another big "thank you" and to also resubscribe as I certainly do not want to miss a thing.

Glad you enjoyed it! As I have mentioned before, Dave Berry was/is one of my favorites. I mourned the demise of his weekly column.

As wrp96 correctly noted, we just got back from what was probably our most enjoyable cruise. We stayed over in Venice a few days so we are still unpacking and getting over jet lag. we visited Kotor (Monenegro), Split (Croatia), Kusadasi and Bodrum (Turkey) and Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini (Greece). If I write a review for this cruise I will honor your request and post a note on this string. Thanks again for your comments.

THANK YOU! Hope you go on another cruise soon!!

As I noted above, we just got back from a cruise on RCI's Splendour of the Seas. Next up is Diamond Princess in November - Singapore to Sydney, with stops in Thailand, Viet Nam, Bali and several ports in Australia. It should be a great trip. There is still space available.:)

As wrp96 correctly noted, we just got back from what was probably our most enjoyable cruise. We stayed over in Venice a few days so we are still unpacking and getting over jet lag. we visited Kotor (Monenegro), Split (Croatia), Kusadasi and Bodrum (Turkey) and Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini (Greece). If I write a review for this cruise I will honor your request and post a note on this string. Thanks again for your comments.

As I noted above, we just got back from a cruise on RCI's Splendour of the Seas. Next up is Diamond Princess in November - Singapore to Sydney, with stops in Thailand, Viet Nam, Bali and several ports in Australia. It should be a great trip. There is still space available.:)

I am looking forward to your review and hope we can cruise together again sometime. We visited some of the same ports last year (Venice, Split, and the Greek ports) and found them to be amazing. I'm anxiously awaiting your review to hear about the others. This summer we are doing a land tour in Switzerland, Austria and Germany, then doing the Oasis in September. Your November cruise sounds quite exotic, perhaps some day...

I am looking forward to your review and hope we can cruise together again sometime. We visited some of the same ports last year (Venice, Split, and the Greek ports) and found them to be amazing. I'm anxiously awaiting your review to hear about the others. This summer we are doing a land tour in Switzerland, Austria and Germany, then doing the Oasis in September. Your November cruise sounds quite exotic, perhaps some day...

Always good to hear from you!:) The islands were amazing...I can't believe we didn't go there before! Your tour in Europe sounds really great. Jill and I lived in Germany right after we got married - a little town outside of Munich - and I also had an office in Vienna so I have spent lot of time in Germany and Austria - and a visit or two to Switzerland. I envy your trip - hope you have enough time in each country to get a flavor of life there.

As soon as you said you found a hotel with a hourly rate I thought, "OMG does this poor guy know he just reserved a room at a hooker hotel?" lol

A hooker hotel? Actually SailorJill explained that to me afterwards. I couldn't believe it! Being from Canada, of course, we don't know about those kind of things. Ask me to track a moose - OK. But ask me about hourly hotels? Who knew?;)

SailorJohn (OOPS Jack.) LOL. You are hysterical. Really enjoyed your review. Thanks

Sailorjohn? Am I never going to hear the end of this?:D That really was quite funny, I wish I had though of it when I wrote the review.:)

SailorJack, what do you mean IF you write a review? You know there will be mutiny if you don't write one.;)

I said "if" because we cannot find my notes from the cruise. Without those notes I would have to try and mentally recall events - which would be a major challenge for me. Hopefully we will find them.

Absolutely great review. Rather long but funny enough to make it a page turner (or more accurately a screen scroller).

I am honest enough to admit that I occasionally shop at Wal-Mart. During those visits, I am constantly mystified by the people who back into their parking spot. It takes a lot of extra effort and I assume the only reason someone would do that is that they are anticipating the need to make a speedy getaway.

You are not the only one. I have never understood this either. Also there seems to be a inverse relationship between the size of the vehicle and likelihood one will spent an excessive amount of time trying to back-in park. I rarely see a Prius back-in park but I have seen someone in a giant Excursion or Land Cruiser make 3 or 4 attempts to back-in park.

Mystery to remain unsolved I think.

Absolutely great review. Rather long but funny enough to make it a page turner (or more accurately a screen scroller).

You are not the only one. I have never understood this either. Also there seems to be a inverse relationship between the size of the vehicle and likelihood one will spent an excessive amount of time trying to back-in park. I rarely see a Prius back-in park but I have seen someone in a giant Excursion or Land Cruiser make 3 or 4 attempts to back-in park.

Mystery to remain unsolved I think.

Glad you enjoyed it. You are right about the lengths - my missives do end to be longer than the normal review. Even then, I have to edit them. I keep them at no more than 12 typewritten pages (on Word) but even then my first draft of this review turned out to be 16 pages so I had to edit out a lot of stuff.

I hadn't noticed the type of cars that back in - you have a keen eye - I will look for that the next time I am at Wal-Mart!:D

If I write a review for this cruise I will honor your request and post a note on this string. Thanks again for your comments.

What??? Oh please don't say 'if'. Make it up 'if' you have to. I've been lurking on the Princess boards to find the next SailorJack cruise installment.

What??? Oh please don't say 'if'. Make it up 'if' you have to. I've been lurking on the Princess boards to find the next SailorJack cruise installment.

LOL. I have been known to take some literary license with what happens on a cruise, but you just can't make this stuff up. If I can't find my notes (Jill thinks I left the folder in the car that picked us up at the airport) then my next review won't be until November.

LOL. I have been known to take some literary license with what happens on a cruise, but you just can't make this stuff up. If I can't find my notes (Jill thinks I left the folder in the car that picked us up at the airport) then my next review won't be until November.

:(

The good news is that your reviews are worth waiting for at least!

As promised...the link to my last review (posted this morning) is in my signature.

Archived