Life Aboard the Crown...and (Near) Death as Well...Seven Days of Excitement

SailorJack

Thanks! I see you have an upcoming cruise from Santiago to Rio. We did that itinerary several years ago on NCL'S Dream and really enjoyed it. I know you will have a good time. We also did the Rio to Ft. Lauderdale on the Star. Wish I could be with you on this trip..it was fantastic.

Jack

We're doing both of them, Jack. SCL to Rio to FLL. I wish you could be with us too. What a LIVE that would be! ;)

Once again, you have thrilled the masses! Great review..my personal favorite part - "That’s when he lifted up his microphone and yelled “You’re not afraid are you? Come on people, let’s give him a little encouragement!” SailorJill (who to this day I have yet to forgive) said that it would be “fun” and that I could even win a bottle of free champagne (we have been married long enough that she knows just which buttons to push with my Scottish heritage and “free” is one of those buttons). Well, to make a long story short, after I was assured that all I had to do was go up and walk in front of the judges, I agreed to go up and join the other idiots." Lance and I got suckered into being part of The Perfect Couple Game Show last year and he still hasn't forgiven me either. :o

Once again, you have thrilled the masses! Great review..my personal favorite part - "That’s when he lifted up his microphone and yelled “You’re not afraid are you? Come on people, let’s give him a little encouragement!” SailorJill (who to this day I have yet to forgive) said that it would be “fun” and that I could even win a bottle of free champagne (we have been married long enough that she knows just which buttons to push with my Scottish heritage and “free” is one of those buttons). Well, to make a long story short, after I was assured that all I had to do was go up and walk in front of the judges, I agreed to go up and join the other idiots." Lance and I got suckered into being part of The Perfect Couple Game Show last year and he still hasn't forgiven me either. :o

Good to hear from you again! hope you have had some great trips since we last sailed together. The Crown had a couples game - sort of like newlywed, but I learned my lesson.

Jack

This is the first time I have come accross one of your reviews and all I can say is you have to be published. I was so happy to see on your profile that there are more to read. I can't wait!! Keep em coming!!

If you haven't read them I recommend starting with his Dream or Nightmare review. It's an absolute classic!:D In fact I think I need to go reread it myself. :p

Thank you thank you for the great review. Its my birthday and was a bit down in the dumps - but not after I read the great review - we are sailing on the Crown Feb 26 and now can hardly wait - hope we have as much fun as you did - thanks for brightening up by birthday - a job VERRRRY well done

There was one lounge, however, that was immune to the 15 minute rule. That was the lounge that was occupied by the girl in the orange thong bikini. She could have left to go to graduate school and the five guys sitting next to her would have guarded her lounge till the cows came home.

My personal favorite part of your thoroughly enjoyable review. I think you've just figured out a way to finance your cruise addiction...cruise fast and furiously and publish a book of your reviews ASAP. Get CC to sell them on this forum, and I guarantee every cruiser will buy one as a Christmas gift.

Thanks!

I laughed; I cried; I went out and bought an orange thong bikini . . .

Thanks so much for another hysterical review. Please post your address so I can send the hospital bill for the severe abdominal distress I'm in from laughing too hard.

-signed, Charlie Sheen

Thanks so much for another hysterical review. Please post your address so I can send the hospital bill for the severe abdominal distress I'm in from laughing too hard.

-signed, Charlie Sheen

Hey, Annie2, fancy meaning you here.!!!!

JimmyJames

Thank you thank you for the great review. Its my birthday and was a bit down in the dumps - but not after I read the great review - we are sailing on the Crown Feb 26 and now can hardly wait - hope we have as much fun as you did - thanks for brightening up by birthday - a job VERRRRY well done

Happy Biorthday!:) We celebrated my birthday on the Crown and had a ball. I know you will enjoy your cruise as well.

What a pleasant surprise when I logged on to CC today. Another Sailor Jack review:D:D:D. We are sailing on the Crown in April, so I especially appreciated your review. Look forward to your next one, they are always entertaining!!

Glad you enjoyed it. Looks like a lot of people here are booked on the Crown. It is a great ship.

Jack

-signed, Charlie Sheen

Very funny!:D:D - both the bikini bit and the Charlie signature.:)

You may really want to think about the orange thong bikini, however! I wasn't kidding about that - she got up and left for prolonged periods of time and nodbody even got close to taking her lounge:D

Archived