Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Love the sandals! Didn't find anything at the outlet mall, except a baby pink oxford shirt. Figured everyone looks good in pink, right? Photo shoot booked with daughter and grand. They want me in pink!

Tomorrow I'm headed to North Face to look for a new pair of water shoes. My son works there! I'll post if I find a pair. Enjoy your weekend, cruise'n or not!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hi Sunnydaygirl, i am not from the US but will be 4 days in Miami before the cruise. Trying to save time looking for what i cannot find home... Like water shoes please could you guide me to places i could get some so i do not go store hopping. List of what i will be looking for: sunblock (more expensive here) brand recommended at least 30 or 50 FPS, water shoes, shorts, nice tops, and bathing suits..... And please not the expensive out there places.... I have a moderate budget. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Sunnydaygirl, i am not from the US but will be 4 days in Miami before the cruise. Trying to save time looking for what i cannot find home... Like water shoes please could you guide me to places i could get some so i do not go store hopping. List of what i will be looking for: sunblock (more expensive here) brand recommended at least 30 or 50 FPS, water shoes, shorts, nice tops, and bathing suits..... And please not the expensive out there places.... I have a moderate budget. Thanks.

Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1137.2772-L0&search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=water%20shoes%20for%20women&_tt=water shoes

Locations of Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_results.do?serviceName=&rx_title=com.wm.www.apps.storelocator.page.serviceLink.title.default&rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&sfrecords=50&sfsearch_single_line_address=miami

Edited by geocruiser

verofrisch--I second that go to Walmart, I got my watershoes there and you can get shorts, tops and suntan lotion, they carry a big line in that, now bathing suits I know they carry a lot but in our store it's limited in womens sizes, they have more for the junior size girls but if your going to Miami, try a JCPenneys, their stores would be bigger and carry a good line.;)

Thanks so much... Made a not in my agenda.... Thanks a bunch.... Any more help and tips to a terrible and messy artist is sooooooooo welcome... I seem to be good at painting, dressing and cooking.... The rest is a total disaster.... And since i spend 60 % of my time in my studio they usually do not expect much from me, was working on my expo in Washington.... The minute it was over they all ganged on me and said that it was my challenge to organized our summer family vacation... They are laughing hysterically on all that could go wrong with me planning... The latest was that while talking to Carnival on the phone i saw something wrong with my new painting and forgot that Carnival was on the line.... Also that i do not bring any canvas, paint or paint brushed to the cruise.... But i was permitted to take along my sketchbook.... So that not so bad.... They love me to death and they just need me to rest and stop stressing about my next expo in NY.... Life is good and beautiful.... When people do not get mad when you do something wrong.... And laugh and makes the best of it.... Ok so i need help with the challenge and i have decided to plan alone with no help from them.... But i need help from you all....

WOW! they have a great sale going on at Macys right now. Went there yesterday in San diego and I got 4 short casual dresses and 1 casual Maxi all for under 150.00. One of the dresses originally was 188.00 and I got it for 29.99. So I got it all for less then the cost of one of the dresses!!!

We are at the port now waiting to board our ship,

Everyone have a great week and we'll see y'all next week when we get back,

Gerry

ImageUploadedByForums1396880336.768043.jpg.dd75b39718d97facae3cca4e4964956d.jpg

I want to recommend these socks at North Face! They are the perfect traveling sock. They are a light purple(also have in a pale neutral as well) but the best part is they don't have to be washed until they've been worn for 7 days. They are perfect for walking in ports, for wear with water shoes/active shoes. I love them which is why I purchased the new color. They are $16. Very much worth the cost. Packing is never easier than when one item serves multiple purposes.

Don't let the fact that they have wool fool you. Light weight and cool! They do have a winter version that I took on my Alaska cruise, perfect there too! Enjoy!

P.S. They do come in higher lengths.

Edited by sunnydaygirl

T[ATTACH]308753[/ATTACH]. One more because I can't recommend them enough!! :)

Those look really nice! I love buying new socks, makes my toes happy. I'm now down to the final countdown: only one month left until my cruise!! I'm trying to decide how much I should pack, it's a 7 night cruise, and we're driving to port (yay 12 hour drive) two days before. I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 pairs of shorts and maybe 7 or 8 tops? We have 3 port days back to back which all are going to include being in the water so I figured Id spend most of those days in a swimsuit and coverup. But at the same time I don't want to run out of clean clothes (I sweat a ton) yet I want to try to pack light. Since all our excursions are active I don't think I will be bringing more than three dresses and they'll be for dinners. I finally found a swim suit top I like but no bottoms yet, what's up with the lack of navy swim bottoms this year? Can't find them anywhere!

[ATTACH]308736[/ATTACH]

I want to recommend these socks at North Face! They are the perfect traveling sock. ) but the best part is they don't have to be washed until they've been worn for 7 days. They are perfect for walking in ports, for wear with water shoes/active shoes. I love them which is why I purchased the new color. They are $16. Very much worth the cost. Packing is never easier than when one item serves multiple purposes.

Will take your word for this! Can't imagine socks for more than one wearing before washing. Perhaps I just have known people with stinky feet......even after an afternoon of wearing hose or socks. Guess it would be a selling point, though. Will have to read what the P R at NorthFace says about them.

I finally found a swim suit top I like but no bottoms yet, what's up with the lack of navy swim bottoms this year? Can't find them anywhere!

I have the same problem (but reverse ;)). I found navy blue and black bottoms at Target and have been having a heck of a time finding tops - I did find the top for the navy blue at Amazon. These are the ones I got (got the same one in blue and black) -

TargetSwimSkirt_zpse48c1522.jpg

They have a really nice waistband and they are not baggy or too short - I know, I am super picky :D

I have a couple of Lands End bottoms. Black and white. Love them. If you're close to a large Sears, the fall is a great time to pick them up. Have one of their tops, bought it a size too big and I feel great wearing as a tank top!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

New Orleans, Key West, Nassau - and the ship (Serenade of the Seas) - all were wonderful:cool:!

We arrived home late last night and today is catch-up day - the not-so-much-fun chores, like laundry, computer stuff, etc.

Tomorrow I will post some of the highlights and a couple photos.

So good to see CCFs have been here, asking for advice, talking about (and posting photos of) clothes:)!

New Orleans is a fascinating city! The food, the music, the people. The weather was perfect - I was pleased to leave my jacket in the hotel room.

Cruise Formal nights were a little less formal than on previous cruises. (Could it be that the laid-back, very friendly Nawlins lifestyle influenced the passengers??...) Very few men in tuxes...a couple women were wearing jeansicon13.gif. My formal night dresses weren't as formal either - not cocktail attire. Here's one of the outfits (Ralph Lauren dress from TJ Maxx)

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv%3A695%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276%3A%3A47976244ot1lsi

There was a small shopping center in a waterfront building near the French Quarter. What store did I go in?? Chico's! DH sat on a bench while I tried on a couple items. Bought this top (on sale). It's a light-weight knit. The white knit Ralph Lauren pants have been on every cruise:rolleyes:!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv976%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3679%3B3%3A6%3B%3B335nu0mrj

DH & I both had clothes we didn't wear. I took only one pair of shorts and wore them 2 days. After the long cold winter in PA, guess I couldn't believe it would be warm enough for bare legs...

Rami, the Diamond Lounge concierge is posing with me. The dress is one of my favorites - Joseph Ribkoff, fits well and covers up the extra weight gain from all the delicious Cajun/Creole food!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv55%3A3%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276%3A%3A49847244ot1lsiI'm still catching up on the After-Cruise-To-Do List...but the Next Cruise is June 13 - 8 weeks away, so the Packing Process will begin again...

Edited by indiana71

I have a couple of Lands End bottoms. Black and white. Love them. If you're close to a large Sears, the fall is a great time to pick them up. Have one of their tops, bought it a size too big and I feel great wearing as a tank top!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

New Orleans, Key West, Nassau - and the ship (Serenade of the Seas) - all were wonderful:cool:!

We arrived home late last night and today is catch-up day - the not-so-much-fun chores, like laundry, computer stuff, etc.

Tomorrow I will post some of the highlights and a couple photos.

So good to see CCFs have been here, asking for advice, talking about (and posting photos of) clothes:)!

I finally found a set (top and bottom) on sale at Kohl's! Just have to wait until payday to get them. :) Only 24 days until we leave, and in 26 days we will be ON THE SHIP! I've already gotten a few items together.

Welcome home Indiana71! I'm glad your cruise went well!

I did something totally unplanned on this cruise - my hair was not behaving...so on Day 1 I made an appt for a haircut the next day (just happened to be Formal Night). The price list showed "hair cut & blowout - from $59". I didn't ask for any other services...and the cost was $75 (but my discount was $15). No complaints - I'm lovin' the style!

The salon was serene. Nadica massaged my scalp for quite a while and spent an hour cutting, checking, styling.

Here's a photo in New Orleans (pre-haircut). DH bought me the raspberry and yellow scarf that pulled together the pink Capris and yellow top. We were getting ready for lunch at Galatoire's. It was divine!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3646%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276%3A%3A476%3A3244ot1lsiIf you go back to my previous post and look at the photo w/ the concierge - that was shortly after the hair salon experience.

I did something totally unplanned on this cruise - my hair was not behaving...so on Day 1 I made an appt for a haircut the next day (just happened to be Formal Night). The price list showed "hair cut & blowout - from $59". I didn't ask for any other services...and the cost was $75 (but my discount was $15). No complaints - I'm lovin' the style!

The salon was serene. Nadica massaged my scalp for quite a while and spent an hour cutting, checking, styling.

Here's a photo in New Orleans (pre-haircut). DH bought me the raspberry and yellow scarf that pulled together the pink Capris and yellow top. We were getting ready for lunch at Galatoire's. It was divine!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3646%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276%3A%3A476%3A3244ot1lsiIf you go back to my previous post and look at the photo w/ the concierge - that was shortly after the hair salon experience.

Very nice!! Question, did they try to sell you product?

Just have to vent. Being one who likes to look my best, the next few days will be hard. Some one in our town hit a fire hydrant. The water main became dislodged while crews were performing repairs after a car struck a fire hydrant, I hope the person who hit it is OK. But we had no water yesterday. Now, the water is back on BUT, we have to boil our water to at least Friday. Not safe to drinking, cook with, make ice or brush teeth. Went last night to Walmat (which is 1/4 mile from where the break happened. The all ready were bring palets of water out. There are about 10,000 people in my town and the next who are going to be pretty ripe this week! I will be headed down to friend's house (about 30 miles from here to jump in the shower. What is CCF's to do!