Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Ladies, I could use some ideas.

DH and I are booked on 28 days RT out of California for Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, etc. mid October to mid November. We will be flying from PA, and we will have access to laundry.

There are 4 formal nights, but won't be doing them unless DH will rent a tux. May just skip the main dining room those nights...lots of folks do.

sunnydaygirl: Holy Smokes!! As I was driving around the next town near the Lake House - what do you think I spotted?? Label $hopper!!! Quickly pulled into the small shopping center and did a quick walk-around inside...tried on a pair of drawstring waist Capris - perfect for lazy Lake House days, & only $14:).

Thanks for mentioning this store! I will have more time to look next week. There are LOTS of racks to go throughicon14.gif

DH and I are booked on 28 days RT out of California for Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, etc. mid October to mid November. We will be flying from PA, and we will have access to laundry.

There are 4 formal nights, but won't be doing them unless DH will rent a tux. May just skip the main dining room those nights...lots of folks do.

This sounds like a wonderful cruise! Would you mind my asking which line as I'd like to put it on our bucket list :)

Personally, I love doing the formal nights and would suggest that your husband buy a tux if you have four of them. I did that for my son two years ago before his first junior prom and he's worn it five times already and will wear it twice more on our June cruise. Think I paid about $160 for it at Macy's (it's a name brand and looks nice) with a one day sale and some coupons. You could bring two formal dresses and just wear each twice.

I would think you will need lots of warm weather clothing that can be mixed and matched. And bathing suits and coverups will be on the list as well. You will have the benefit of getting things on sale in July and August and still be ready for your cruise.

He only needs a dark suit. Tuxes are now far in the minority.

The best food is always served on formal night - it would be a shame to miss it.

If you are going to Pago Pago, better start practicing to say it like Pan go Pan go. The pronunciation really confused DH. :D

Hello ladies. I haven't posted in a while' date=' but am shopping for a few things and noticed Talbot's has a Beach Collection with some really cute CCF finds. I bought the Island Boat scene tunic (on sale) and it will be perfect for Caribbean cruising. There are cute tops with lobsters and fish.....check it out:)

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi32872&rootCategory=cat70008&catId=cat3270040&sortKey=Default&section=Regular&conceptIdUnderSale=cat70008[/quote']

Beautiful tunic, very stylish!

This sounds like a wonderful cruise! Would you mind my asking which line as I'd like to put it on our bucket list :)

Personally, I love doing the formal nights and would suggest that your husband buy a tux if you have four of them. I did that for my son two years ago before his first junior prom and he's worn it five times already and will wear it twice more on our June cruise. Think I paid about $160 for it at Macy's (it's a name brand and looks nice) with a one day sale and some coupons. You could bring two formal dresses and just wear each twice.

I would think you will need lots of warm weather clothing that can be mixed and matched. And bathing suits and coverups will be on the list as well. You will have the benefit of getting things on sale in July and August and still be ready for your cruise.

We'll be sailing with Princess.

He only needs a dark suit. Tuxes are now far in the minority.

The best food is always served on formal night - it would be a shame to miss it.

If you are going to Pago Pago, better start practicing to say it like Pan go Pan go. The pronunciation really confused DH. :D[/quote)

He usually does the dark suit, several shirts and ties, but the tux would help a bit.

Wondering if it's warm on the Pacific. Not sure if I need shorts or capris. I know lots of our days will be spent in the water snorkeling and such on excursions and I'll be taking sevaral suits, coverups, and UV protection shirts.

Thanks for the reminder about the pronunciation.

Edited by sssteele

Wondering if it's warm on the Pacific. Not sure if I need shorts or capris. I know lots of our days will be spent in the water snorkeling and such on excursions and I'll be taking sevaral suits, coverups, and UV protection shirts.

It will be warm but I would pack shorts for shore and capris for on board ship.

You will love snorkelling in Bora Bora. We saw tons of lemon tipped sharks, sting rays, one manta ray and a moray eel- all in one spot. All the tour guides take you to the same places.

In American Samoa we did the Tisa's Barefoot Bar tour. It was an interesting day with a tour then lunch and snorkelling at Tisa's bar but you have to swim over coral in very shallow water to get to the good part and I still have a coral scar on my ankle.

http://www.tisasbarefootbar.com/sectiondetail.aspx?id=6

Hi folks

I wasn't sure what formal jewelry to wear, so I had a search on the internet and found a great shop on Etsy called CrystalPearlJewelry. The prices are varied and she has a good selection of high quality handmade and vintage pearl and rhinestone pieces, including Art Deco style. I've attached a couple of photos of the pieces I bought.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I love them all. But I really love the choker. Pearls are so beautiful!

sunnydaygirl: Holy Smokes!! As I was driving around the next town near the Lake House - what do you think I spotted?? Label $hopper!!! Quickly pulled into the small shopping center and did a quick walk-around inside...tried on a pair of drawstring waist Capris - perfect for lazy Lake House days, & only $14:).

Thanks for mentioning this store! I will have more time to look next week. There are LOTS of racks to go throughicon14.gif

I finally had to look up this place online. There are no stores close to me, but they do have online shopping with FREE shipping! :eek: And I recognized one item of a discontinued brand that I love! :D I'll be watching their site going forward and crossing my fingers they open a place in my area.

Oh my gosh!! I've been back 3 times. This last time I bought green capris and a 3/4 top. Not meant to go together. May wear the shirt(minus the wrinkles) on the plane to Florida tomorrow. It's cold here!!

So many racks!!!! A weekly visit may be in order since there's not much else to do, and it's exercise!!! She says from New York area. Some brands I've never heard of. ImageUploadedByForums1400190115.911637.jpg.32bc552e0398d0e3e220a36955cb7d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I finally had to look up this place online. There are no stores close to me' date=' but they do have online shopping with FREE shipping! :eek: And I recognized one item of a discontinued brand that I love! :D I'll be watching their site going forward and crossing my fingers they open a place in my area.[/quote']

Ok ladies, I tried to look up label$hoppers today and couldn't find them . Can someone please give me the website address.

Thanks,

Gerry

Ok ladies, I tried to look up label$hoppers today and couldn't find them . Can someone please give me the website address.

Thanks,

Gerry

http://www.labelshopper.com

Bought Banana Republic shorts for my son. It's crowded with racks, a real treasure hunt!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Early morning flight to Florida. My new shirt with travel leggings from yep! Walmart! And my trusty water/tennis shoes from North Face. Slip on and off, the only way to fly. I'm sure this shirt will make my August cruise with white capris. It's freezing in Indiana!! In fact we have freeze warnings!!! Off I go!

Early morning flight to Florida. My new shirt with travel leggings from yep! Walmart! And my trusty water/tennis shoes from North Face. Slip on and off, the only way to fly. I'm sure this shirt will make my August cruise with white capris. It's freezing in Indiana!! In fact we have freeze warnings!!! Off I go!

Have a good trip. Its cold up here to, well not that bad 53 degrees at 8:55 AM. I should have stayed in Florida longer!

Not sure why this didn't post. My shirt(Leon something brand) from Labels. ImageUploadedByForums1400250845.560276.jpg.727babd6204c83ede7cb2c1e49a02960.jpg

I'm planning to block more time for Label $hoppers next week! It's one of those places that could have hidden gems. The store is packed with treasures:)!

Glad to read that CCFs are finding bargains...that we aren't snobbish about "who we are wearing" (if we like it, who cares???). We are the BEST shoppers!

Mother Nature isn't being very nice to us today:rolleyes:. Temps were in the 80s a couple days ago...getting into a Caribbean Frame of Mind. My plan was to try on (again) Outfits with Caribbean background music and open windows... might as well go with the plan (minus the open windows). I have a couple new tops and Capris...could any of them make this cruise? Maybe...

Okay, so an autumn cruise cancelled...Yesterday, I booked our Second Family Cruise! June 2015 on Liberty of the Seas (RCI) out of New Jersey:cool:. This one is 9 nights, going to Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan and the private island of Labadee. I am beyond ecstatic!! The itinerary is full of our favorite ports AND our DSs, DILs & 4 grandchildren will be along!!

Edited by indiana71

I'm planning to block more time for Label $hoppers next week! It's one of those places that could have hidden gems. The store is packed with treasures:)!

Glad to read that CCFs are finding bargains...that we aren't snobbish about "who we are wearing" (if we like it, who cares???). We are the BEST shoppers!

Mother Nature isn't being very nice to us today:rolleyes:. Temps were in the 80s a couple days ago...getting into a Caribbean Frame of Mind. My plan was to try on (again) Outfits with Caribbean background music and open windows... might as well go with the plan (minus the open windows). I have a couple new tops and Capris...could any of them make this cruise? Maybe...

Okay, so an autumn cruise cancelled...Yesterday, I booked our Second Family Cruise! June 2015 on Liberty of the Seas (RCI) out of New Jersey:cool:. This one is 9 nights, going to Bermuda, St. Maarten, San Juan and the private island of Labadee. I am beyond ecstatic!! The itinerary is full of our favorite ports AND our DSs, DILs & 4 grandchildren will be along!!

You are right! Mother Nature is not being nice. It is cool here today too. I just love the idea of packing for a cruise with Caribbean music in the background. Maybe that is why it is cold here in Rochester! I been listening to Gordon Lightfoot music! He is from Canada, where the weather might be cooler that here. I better start to play some Jimmy Buffet music to bring the warm weather up here. I just love both their music.

Happy to see that you booked another family cruise. Will be fun to travel with family.

Edited by geocruiser

You are right! Mother Nature is not being nice. It is cool here today too. I just love the idea of packing for a cruise with Caribbean music in the background. Maybe that is why it is cold here in Rochester! I been listening to Gordon Lightfoot music! He is from Canada, where the weather might be cooler that here. I better start to play some Jimmy Buffet music to bring the warm weather up here. I just love both their music.

Happy to see that you booked another family cruise. Will be fun to travel with family.

Lol! I'm from Rochester. Just doubt the same state. Too funny!

It's breathtakingly warm in Naples Florida. Hugged my grandson all day. He's 4 mo so I still can. Tomorrow is full of re-acquainting myself with summer wardrobe and packing for Disney!! Nite. Happy shopping! Planning, packing!!

It's breathtakingly warm in Naples Florida. Hugged my grandson all day. He's 4 mo so I still can. Tomorrow is full of re-acquainting myself with summer wardrobe and packing for Disney!! Nite. Happy shopping! Planning, packing!!

Happy to hear that you can hug your grandson in person. I bet you miss him while you are away form him. Enjoy the warm weather and Disney. I miss Fl. Can't wait to return in the fall.

Hi CCF! I'm still in Naples, resting my feet from all the walking in Disney. We had such a blast. But lo and behold, I left my new JJill shirt behind! I had plenty, but was looking forward to wearing. I thought I'd share a family picture with you. ImageUploadedByForums1401306203.180697.jpg.7db4f341f157761bacced6f39979b3f2.jpg my youngest made her daughters Cinderella dress and her nephews Prince Charming outfit! What memories we made.

Now on to cruising. My BFF (cruising buddy) texted me today to tell me to come home she was bored. We do a lot of lunches out and window shopping for that perfect piece for our next cruise!(August). What fun it is to share the love of cruising with a good friend AND shopping. My husband rarely let's me buy him anything. What he has is always good enough. I usually end up suggesting things to our children. He'll accept from them😎, sneaky am I!

Happy shopping, cruise'n, planning, packing, whichever stage you're in! Joy

Hi CCF! I'm still in Naples, resting my feet from all the walking in Disney. We had such a blast. But lo and behold, I left my new JJill shirt behind! I had plenty, but was looking forward to wearing. I thought I'd share a family picture with you. [ATTACH]314390[/ATTACH] my youngest made her daughters Cinderella dress and her nephews Prince Charming outfit! What memories we made.

Now on to cruising. My BFF (cruising buddy) texted me today to tell me to come home she was bored. We do a lot of lunches out and window shopping for that perfect piece for our next cruise!(August). What fun it is to share the love of cruising with a good friend AND shopping. My husband rarely let's me buy him anything. What he has is always good enough. I usually end up suggesting things to our children. He'll accept from them😎, sneaky am I!

Happy shopping, cruise'n, planning, packing, whichever stage you're in! Joy

What a gorgeous family! I hope your trip continues to be awesome! I too have a great girlfriend that I get together with for lunch and shopping and talking about our cruises...isn't it fun to have someone like that in our lives!?:D