Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I scored today...I hit a humongous sale at Kohl's! I don't shop there but one of my BFFs wanted to go there so I was up for it. Just went to humor her.

Well, here's what I got...

1 pr. Denim skinny jeans (with gold zippers up the side of the pant legs...I know, wild right?) that fit perfectly (extremely unusual for me as I'm pear-shaped and hard to fit). They were $88...I got them for $17! On top of that, the length is also perfect so I don't have to hem them!:D

1 pr. tomato-red, denim, capri-length jeans w/a brown leather belt, which both also fit perfectly...for $7.80. Yea!

1 Multi-colored, infinity, scarf, long like I really like them...It was $28 and I got it for $9.88. Score!

I also got a ring ($2.50), a bracelet, ($2.55), and a necklace, marked down from $28 to $9.00.

I also got a coupon for $10.00 for next week to buy whatever I want in the whole store!

I'm a happy camper!:D

Edited by mousey

mousey: Good job scooping up all those bargainsicon14.gif. They all sound like fun pieces at sale prices!

I did a bit of shopping today, too. Stop #1 was taking a couple bags of donations to the Goodwill store...and going inside...just to "look around"...

Spent $19 and got 5 tops! A Tommy Bahama knit bone-colored tank top; 2 Nautica polo shirts, a brown print cashmere pullover!! And a salt & pepper colored pullover for everyday.

I needed to do a little walking...so to the mall...for another $20 - a knit sleeveless dress (it's already in the suitcase as an extra evening outfit:rolleyes:), a golf shirt for DH and a Totes folding umbrella (in case it rains in New Orleans). All 3 items were on sale. In fact, the original price for the umbrella said $28...got it for $2.99. Don't you love it when "Amount Saved" is shown on your receipt? Mine said $63.05!!

We CCFs are serious sale shoppers AND we find outstanding bargains:cool::)!

Wow, it's a small world, I am glad that I am not the only one that is getting things arranged and sorted for a cruise. We are not to far from you, we are in the Clarion area and we have relatives that live in Indiana..Our cruise is in June and I have started looking at what I have and what I might need. Don't need a whole lot but always like to add to the traveling clothes.

What ship are you going on in New Orleans?;)

mousey: Good job scooping up all those bargainsicon14.gif. They all sound like fun pieces at sale prices!

I did a bit of shopping today, too. Stop #1 was taking a couple bags of donations to the Goodwill store...and going inside...just to "look around"...

Spent $19 and got 5 tops! A Tommy Bahama knit bone-colored tank top; 2 Nautica polo shirts, a brown print cashmere pullover!! And a salt & pepper colored pullover for everyday.

I needed to do a little walking...so to the mall...for another $20 - a knit sleeveless dress (it's already in the suitcase as an extra evening outfit:rolleyes:), a golf shirt for DH and a Totes folding umbrella (in case it rains in New Orleans). All 3 items were on sale. In fact, the original price for the umbrella said $28...got it for $2.99. Don't you love it when "Amount Saved" is shown on your receipt? Mine said $63.05!!

We CCFs are serious sale shoppers AND we find outstanding bargains:cool::)!

You scored with just the casmiere sweater alone! Congrats on that one! :D Hope you're upcoming cruise is all you could hope for! Let us know how it went when you get back!

Granny1: Hello neighbor! Nice to see someone else from western PA.

We're flying to New Orleans THIS Thursday! Spending 2 nights in the Big Easy and cruising on Serenade of the Seas (RCI) Saturday, 4/5.

We chose this more for the departure port than the itinerary. (Let's face it, I ALWAYS opt for the Caribbean:cool:). Key West is our first port - looking forward to a Cuban Sandwich. In Nassau, we're taking a private tour of local foods. That should be interesting. Nassau has been a port on many cruises, but we have never done a food tour. Last stop is RCI's private island of Cococay.

Departing from New Orleans (according to DS and others) is completely different from other ports. It takes a couple hours to reach open waters and the first hour is full of great scenery/views.

DH won't have all his clothes, etc. in the Cruise Room until Tuesday morning:eek:! Packing will be Top Priority until the suitcases are done...and weighed, since that nasty airline 50 pound limit could be a concern...

Here's a QUESTION: Many of you love spa treatments, massages, mani-pedis, waxing, etc. And CCFs are also world-class shoppers.

If you had to choose between professional services (not including hair cuts) OR clothing and accessories - Which Would You Choose?

Good morning friends,

To answer Indiana's question about spa treatments vs. clothing I'd have to say that there are certain spa items (waxing and mani/pedi) that I could never trade off for clothing. They are a must for looking my best and feeling good. Facials I do get about four times a year (as I have found a reasonably priced aesthitician in my town) but could trade off if there was some piece of clothing that I felt I must have.

You all definitely own more clothing than I do but I feel I have enough to look good on most days :)

Granny1: Hello neighbor! Nice to see someone else from western PA.

We're flying to New Orleans THIS Thursday! Spending 2 nights in the Big Easy and cruising on Serenade of the Seas (RCI) Saturday, 4/5.

We chose this more for the departure port than the itinerary. (Let's face it, I ALWAYS opt for the Caribbean:cool:). Key West is our first port - looking forward to a Cuban Sandwich. In Nassau, we're taking a private tour of local foods. That should be interesting. Nassau has been a port on many cruises, but we have never done a food tour. Last stop is RCI's private island of Cococay.

Departing from New Orleans (according to DS and others) is completely different from other ports. It takes a couple hours to reach open waters and the first hour is full of great scenery/views.

DH won't have all his clothes, etc. in the Cruise Room until Tuesday morning:eek:! Packing will be Top Priority until the suitcases are done...and weighed, since that nasty airline 50 pound limit could be a concern...

Here's a QUESTION: Many of you love spa treatments, massages, mani-pedis, waxing, etc. And CCFs are also world-class shoppers.

If you had to choose between professional services (not including hair cuts) OR clothing and accessories - Which Would You Choose?

Hands down, it would be clothing and accessories....I'm a total Fashionista!:D

Hmm, I think I would have to go with the spa treatments because after working in the clothing retail for 32 years, I am clothed out.. I retired two years ago this Monday March 31 and I haven't bought very many clothes since then. I have my vacation items and a few special items for cruises but I do not shop for clothes like I use to. When I was working I always said that my payday wasn't a payday it was exchange day..I was always bringing home something I bought from the store that I worked at, got awesome bargains..

I sail out of New Orleans in June on the Dream with three other ladies and two of them are newbies. I love introducing newbies to cruising whenever I can.

Would love to take a cruise that stops in Key West, it's on the bucket list.

There was a list on CC listing all the sites as you go down the Miss after leaving NOLA..

Well Indiana71, here's hoping you have a great cruise and the weather cooperates to the max. Will be waiting to hear about NOLA when you get back.;)

Headed to Lighthouse Outlet Mall in Michigan City Indiana tomorrow, or rather today. My roomie for August cruise is going too and a couple other gals that may cruise with us. Always on the lookout for cruise clothes!! Looking for a personal bag that fits under a airplane seat, Vera Bradley has store there, may check it out. Will report back if I find anything irresistible.

Should be sunny and mid 50's. Finally!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Edited by sunnydaygirl

TOMORROW afternoon - we leave for the hotel airport (since our flight is early Thursday morning).

Luggage is ready. Both suitcases are under 50 lbsicon14.gifWhew!! The new suitcases don't weigh as much as the old ones...and they hold more. Didn't even need to unzip to get the extra couple inches of space:).

Temp in NOLA should be high 70s, but rain is expected Friday so the new Totes umbrella will be at the ready.

Granny1: I printed the "Leaving the port of New Orleans Play By Play". We will forego Wine Time to see everything that is listed. (There will be plenty of other opportunities for beverages;)!)

I will check in one more time tomorrow morning.

Interesting responses to my last QUESTION (RE spa treatments VS clothes). I'm a clothes CCF. In fact my mani-pedi for this cruise is DIY:cool::)!

TOMORROW afternoon - we leave for the hotel airport (since our flight is early Thursday morning).

Luggage is ready. Both suitcases are under 50 lbsicon14.gifWhew!! The new suitcases don't weigh as much as the old ones...and they hold more. Didn't even need to unzip to get the extra couple inches of space:).

Temp in NOLA should be high 70s, but rain is expected Friday so the new Totes umbrella will be at the ready.

Granny1: I printed the "Leaving the port of New Orleans Play By Play". We will forego Wine Time to see everything that is listed. (There will be plenty of other opportunities for beverages;)!)

Interesting responses to my last QUESTION (RE spa treatments VS clothes). I'm a clothes CCF. In fact my mani-pedi for this cruise is DIY:cool::)!

Have wonderful cruise. This sounds like a great vacation.

Have a wonderful cruise. Can't wait to see your pictures when you get back.

Always over packing..... Ok anyone with a sample packing list? Would be awesome..... Mine starts with ????? I have 4 month to plan till my next cruise in August and so wish this time to be more organized... Thanks for any tips and advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great trip!

High Jenny. Have a wonderful trip. So love your last cruise review it was the best i ever read. I tried to open your packing list but could not do so.... Could you post it again? I am the most disorganize person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

TWO & a HALF hours to go!...until the first leg of our New Orleans Adventure & Cruise (overnight hotel near airport):cool::)!

Our weather is sunny but only in mid-upper 40s, so there won't be Caribbean clothes worn today! Tomorrow morning (early) we take a shuttle to the airport so bright colors are on the spreadsheet.

verofrisch: My Packing List is really detailed and includes 2 outfits per day + pants for chilly nights & a couple long sleeved tops. Even with all that - our 2 suitcases were both under 50 lbs:)! DHs 4 pairs of shoes take up as much space as my 9 pairs...and they weigh more:rolleyes:!

I will return to CCF (probably) April 13. Until then - keep the posts going:cool::)!

Edited by indiana71

I hope you have a lovely trip Indiana71! Lots of pictures please! :)

I have a question that is somewhat off-topic, sorry in advance but I figured you ladies could help me out. Sunscreen vs. moisturizer: i have super dry skin and have to use a moisturizer on my whole body otherwise I break out in crazy patches of eczema. Would that interfere with sunscreen staying on? Or should I just skip moisturizing and use only sunscreen? I'd hate to spend all this time planning outfits only to have them ruined by a sunburn, or even worse a nasty rash. Any advice or links would be appreciated, really sorry for running off topic. I couldn't really find anything on the search.

Of course you want to wear sunscreen if you are going to be out in the sun - nothing can ruin your vacation like a nasty sunburn!

There are TONS of different brands/types of moisturizing sunscreens that you might want to try out? When I cruise I actually use a neutrogena sunscreen(dry sheer) on my face as a moisturizer.

If given the choice between a massage and a new top the massage would win every time:D

I'd rather have nice hair and nails than a new skirt or trousers.

Now having my "bits" waxed or buying a pair shoes well - that is a whole other story:eek:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER