Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

sunnydaygirl: Fingers are crossed that you find your passport quicklyicon14.gif ! Traveling isn't possible without it! It's one of those sinking feelings when you think you know where something important is kept...and it isn't there. Let us know when you find it.

Your bathroom/laundry room reno is making your house dusty now, but when it's complete, you will have an up-to-date brand new space.

Last week I sent our passports for renewal. They don't expire until October but we want to be sure the new ones are here for the November Cruise. It will be a relief when the new ones arrive (hopefully in 3-4 weeks.)

I had a date to meet DH for lunch today. Went out a little early...to stop at the Goodwill Store. Bonanza Time! 5 Cruise Worthy tops, 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of Capris AND a black and white dress suitable for Formal Night - all under $30;):).

Also found a cruise shirt for DH...but he won't get it until our pre-cruise dinner in November.:cool:

It's very sweet, cool, awesome, that you surprise him with his cruise things. My DH is very anti new clothes for himself. He's got 2 cruises with me and he'll say that what he took in Jan is good enough!!

I've sent an sos to dd in Naples. Maybe I left it there. Completely stumped.

awhfy: Good for you!! The Kohl's deal was a real find:). This is a good time to find end of the season sales.

Had to look twice to believe that winter jackets were on the racks in a department store the other day:eek:. Back To School ads are bad enough...but please not winter YET!!

I'm at the Lake House, doing the last minute chores to get ready for The Family Vacation. The fridge here is small since it's usually just the Two of Us...but now, it's bulging at the seams with supplies for 10:rolleyes:!

sunnydaygirl: Any luck searching for your passport???

No progress on passport. I did find my small camera. New at Christmas. My big expensive camera is also missing. I've looked in cupboards, closets drawers over and over. I came back from last cruise to Florida and stayed four days. Changed luggage and completely re-packed. When I got home it was so cold, I'm reluctant to admit, I didn't unpack everything right away. Never again!! The shower is being installed 2 wks early on Thursday and drywall next Tuesday. Then the hunt will begin in earnest! I did find a little girls outfit is been looking for. My DGD will rock it!

ImageUploadedByForums1437454230.120148.jpg.e7b6360d52a8af8b96dfb8a431c21e7d.jpg

Cute DGD outfit! What purse did you take on the cruise? Does it have a zip pocket? Normally where I find stuff [emoji6]

I think I've looked in my carry ons and purse 4 times! I have a vague memory of hanging my large camera up on a hook. It might be in the case pocket. I told my husband where, but he doesn't even remember that much!!

I'm on a slow panic. I know it's somewhere. Used it to get off the ship! It'll show up. Have two fall cruises. Hope it's soon!!

When you are desperately searching for something (cruise related or not), it is so-o-o frustrating - especially when the item is important.

And sometimes you find something you aren't even looking for (like DGD outfit:)).

Did you check the deep pockets inside and outside your luggage? I once found important papers at the bottom of one of those pockets...

I think I've looked in my carry ons and purse 4 times! I have a vague memory of hanging my large camera up on a hook. It might be in the case pocket. I told my husband where, but he doesn't even remember that much!!

I'm on a slow panic. I know it's somewhere. Used it to get off the ship! It'll show up. Have two fall cruises. Hope it's soon!!

On our last trip I looked for DH's passport for a solid month. I finally had to accept the reality and apply for a new one. When the passport agent asked how it got lost, I had to confess it was at home somewhere. She smiled and said it was very common, she had "lost" her own somewhere at home as well. I finally did find the lost one...a year later in a totally ridiculous spot.

Don't let it go too long. With a month out you still have options. You can get an expedited passport in two weeks.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

I'm not giving up! Have come to the conclusion that it's in the outside Pickett of my camera case. Trouble is the camera is missing. I remember hanging it up to put it out of the way for construction. Then told hubby where. Now neither of us know!! I'm just shaking my head at this point!

Sunnydaygirl: If it's on a hook is there possibly something hanging over it on the same hook? I have this lovely brown leather cross body purse that I just love. Couldn't find it anywhere in my closet. Several days later I took my bathrobe off the hook in the closet and there it was. Put away the handmade cribbage board my DBIL made us so our 3 year old grandson wouldn't use it as a bat. Now we can't find it. I hope you find your passport soon!

The outfit for your DGD is adorable! I bet it would look good on my DGD . . . .;)

Indian71: We just took a truckload of furniture to Son#2 so now I have my own Cruise/Travel room! You are my inspiration! I start work on it this weekend! Have to make a special place for my CCF Tiara!

My DH HATES to shop for clothes. I told him that for our trip to Hawaii he needed new shorts his reply was "Can't you just order me some?" The problem is he is 6'8" so has to try things on - not all shorts are the same length. I can order some things from Penny's and Crazy Shirts polos are long enough for him. Nicer clothes have to be tried on. Sigh, I see a trip to the Rockler store (tools) in my future :rolleyes:

I spent today going through closets and looking at each hook and hanger. Still no bag. Got my new shower installed today so one step closer to a full house clean once wall board is installed.

And I made sure I have the approved birth certificate. I may risk one cruise without passport but my sons wedding in Guatemala is another story. That's April 2. Maybe I should invite all my broke relatives in and offer a reward!!!

Sunnydaygirl: If it's on a hook is there possibly something hanging over it on the same hook? I have this lovely brown leather cross body purse that I just love. Couldn't find it anywhere in my closet. Several days later I took my bathrobe off the hook in the closet and there it was. Put away the handmade cribbage board my DBIL made us so our 3 year old grandson wouldn't use it as a bat. Now we can't find it. I hope you find your passport soon!

The outfit for your DGD is adorable! I bet it would look good on my DGD . . . .;)

Indian71: We just took a truckload of furniture to Son#2 so now I have my own Cruise/Travel room! You are my inspiration! I start work on it this weekend! Have to make a special place for my CCF Tiara!

My DH HATES to shop for clothes. I told him that for our trip to Hawaii he needed new shorts his reply was "Can't you just order me some?" The problem is he is 6'8" so has to try things on - not all shorts are the same length. I can order some things from Penny's and Crazy Shirts polos are long enough for him. Nicer clothes have to be tried on. Sigh, I see a trip to the Rockler store (tools) in my future :rolleyes:

I bet you feel great getting a free room. I'm getting ready to welcome my daughter and her little family into our home for a few months. Excited to have a grandchild so close but will miss my empty rooms. TeeHee, I have clothes in a couple of closets!!

Husbands must all be similar!!

Little girls outfit is from Walmart.

:)

I bet you feel great getting a free room. I'm getting ready to welcome my daughter and her little family into our home for a few months. Excited to have a grandchild so close but will miss my empty rooms. TeeHee, I have clothes in a couple of closets!!

Husbands must all be similar!!

Little girls outfit is from Walmart.

Sunnydaygirl,

How exciting to have your grandchild with you for a few months! Such a wonderful time for all of you! Out of five grandchildren only one is close by and I babysit her every Friday. Enjoy every moment! There is a Walmart down the street from my office maybe I'll get lucky for my DGD! As for closets you have my sympathy. Currently I have clothes in two closets and a few are about to migrate to a third! :D Shhhhh don't tell my DH!

Thank you all for being kind to my forgetfulness. I want to share that as I got ready for bed I grabbed my PJ's off the foot of my bed I leaned over to step into them and noticed something peeking out under the blanket. I don't store things under my bed generally and I did look under from the sides with a light. You guess it. A very small bag with cruise stuff. ImageUploadedByForums1437710331.744482.jpg.27f734d5278e5803c35dbcf18f873161.jpg I do feel confident that we would have found it when doing a deep clean in a couple weeks.

I was so sure it was with camera, not an old bag of DH. He and I switched bags cause he flew home. I drove w/friends after a cruise. I don't even care about the camera. It will show itself sooner or later! WHEW!!!

snip... It's strapless is the only drawback. What do you think with this wrap? I can wear with bra this way. ..snip!

Is there any way you could add straps ie perhaps plaite the bottom of the dress and turning that into straps even if it means having the matching material on the top and a plain material underneath next to your skin. I had to do this with a dress where I made the strap in a plain material and then added a narrower piece of material cut from the bottom of the dress and just invisibly handsewn over the top, sounds more complicated than it actually was, I think straps of some sort may look more finished than wearing a wrap. Just anothether thought perhaps you could adapt some diamante bra straps or even a cheapie long pearl necklace from a market to make dress straps...just some quick thoughts

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

So glad you found your passport! Soon the drywall mess will be done too! Love the colors in your dress and they look good on you! Adding straps is a great idea or do you think you would be comfortable with a strapless bra underneath?

For my son's beach wedding I wore a strapless lined gauzy maxi in marine colours. It had an elasticated top. PROBLEMS, when I went up stairs I inadvertently stepped on dress hem, can you imagine what happened to the top???? Later I bent to have my photo with the seated bride and groom, and the photo was more revealing than expected. So I have cut some off hem and made firm straps. Hopefully no more incidents.

Your dress looks lovely.

For my son's beach wedding I wore a strapless lined gauzy maxi in marine colours. It had an elasticated top. PROBLEMS, when I went up stairs I inadvertently stepped on dress hem, can you imagine what happened to the top???? Later I bent to have my photo with the seated bride and groom, and the photo was more revealing than expected. So I have cut some off hem and made firm straps. Hopefully no more incidents.

Your dress looks lovely.

Oh my goodness!!! I hope you understand my laughing. That wedding will forever stand out for many reasons.

I think I'm going to try that.