Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

jkudzu: Good for you:)! The ideal job for a CCF!! It's as much fun helping others put outfits together as doing them for yourself (well, almost as much fun;)).

I have a white necklace and earrings for the brown & white halter dress. White wedges, too.

Here's another photo of Next Cruise attire:

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv356%3C6%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D37349%3A48%3C%3A335nu0mrj

The way the tops are folded here is how they go in the suitcase.

Less wrinkles...

The shorts, upper left, are a palm tree print Pappagallo that I bought years ago at Goodwill. Haven't worn them for a while. My granddaughters are in to palm trees, too; so these shorts HAD to make the cut!

The purse with the shorts outfit, upper right, has a swimsuit motif. Sydney Love is the brand...don't know that name...but love that little purse...another consignment shop purchase.

spacer.gif

boards.cruisecritic.com

Thanks so much Indiana!!! I've never done retail before (retired from education) but I'm pretty good at selling! Who knew!

Need your expert advice please! A black lace, pencil skirt came into the shop in my size and I love it!:D I want to turn it into a cocktail outfit but not sure about what top to wear with it. I'm about your size and mid 50's.

I was thinking about a white structured blouse (long sleeve) in a satin fabric?

JKudzu I have s black lace pencil skirt, wear it many ways, but my favorite is with a white silk tank & hot pink pashmina & black statement necklace The structured blouse (or tuxedo cut) would be nice too

JKudzu I have s black lace pencil skirt, wear it many ways, but my favorite is with a white silk tank & hot pink pashmina & black statement necklace The structured blouse (or tuxedo cut) would be nice too

Thanks for the tip. The outfit sounds great. I had not thought of a tank. I do have a hot pink pashmina. I also have some great red pumps to wear with the black and white.

jkudza: All the suggestions sound good! Anything silk or satin would go IMHO. White is always elegant, but other colors would completely change the look. Your skirt is the perfect basic LBS (Little Black Skirt;))

Our suitcases are 98% packed:cool:. I spent a lot of time choosing outfits for the Family Cruise - wanting to wear favorites or clothing/accessories that haven't been worn for awhile.

I always plan to have lots of Outfits pictures...but this time I will tell my DILs to remind me...hope that will work:cool:icon14.gif,

TEN days from today, we leave for Phila and an overnight visit with DILs parents and both sons and families. It's been over a year in the planning, and now it's within sight!

The Cracker Barrel has some good cruise-themed items. There's a Cracker Barrel near the Lake House, so that's one place I can have breakfast and get a little shopping/looking, too:)!

I'm going to a new hair stylist. Decided to find a salon for when we're at the Lake House. She did a cut 3 weeks ago that I (and DH) really like. So today, I went for color - a little scary with Cruising next week...wonder if the color is all wrong:eek:!?? Didn't happen! Love the color AND the cut. She's a keeper.

My hair is shorter now, earrings are easy to see...and I haven't used the flat iron since:).

The Cracker Barrel has some good cruise-themed items. There's a Cracker Barrel near the Lake House, so that's one place I can have breakfast and get a little shopping/looking, too:)!

I'm going to a new hair stylist. Decided to find a salon for when we're at the Lake House. She did a cut 3 weeks ago that I (and DH) really like. So today, I went for color - a little scary with Cruising next week...wonder if the color is all wrong:eek:!?? Didn't happen! Love the color AND the cut. She's a keeper.

My hair is shorter now, earrings are easy to see...and I haven't used the flat iron since:).

Finding a haircut AND a stylist you like is hard! Congrats!

At B&BW, I picked up a scentportable with the stripes and anchor motif for our trips. I'm going to pick a 'cruising scent' to use in the cabin, and later it will remind us of the trip! I do the same thing with a travel size perfume.

Edited by Li'lImp

At B&BW' date=' I picked up a scentportable with the stripes and anchor motif for our trips. I'm going to pick a 'cruising scent' to use in the cabin, and later it will remind us of the trip! I do the same thing with a travel size perfume.[/quote']

I love the special scent idea. :)

We are hoping to do a cruise in July, but have to wait to make sure that we can get our vacation week due to work demands.

I had to try on all of my formal outfits from former cruises tonight. At least they still fit. Plus I have the dress from my son's wedding last year and a dressy pant set that my mom got me for Christmas year before last that still has the tags.

I have always planned out my outfits too. I drive my husband insane asking him how everything looks. :D

sunnydaygir,

I really love the bag. Nautical "stuff" is just up my alley. Right now I am making a skirt with anchors on it!

indiana71,

Happy to hear that you found a new hairdresser by your lake house. She sounds like a keeper!

I found a new anchor necklace. By the time I looked, only the purple was left. But was on sale, and I love purple. ImageUploadedByForums1433988536.852247.jpg.1196f56d1f118c82b2155e98632b98b5.jpg it's a long chain. I liked the tips hack that has you laying your necklaces on press and seal to keep them from tangling. I have gotten some new longer pieces that do just that. So will be trying this tip in Sept.

sunnydaygir,

I really love the bag. Nautical "stuff" is just up my alley. Right now I am making a skirt with anchors on it!

indiana71,

Happy to hear that you found a new hairdresser by your lake house. She sounds like a keeper!

Thanks. I wouldn't think of making my own clothes. That ship sailed!! Haha!! So impressed with people who do. I do now have a dedicated sewing space. It's only taken 27 years! I'm reduced to mending and maybe something for the kids.

My grandson is not yet 2 and going in Sept. So I picked up these. Couldn't resist. ImageUploadedByForums1433989099.730133.jpg.e03bf964b9a275a4e543ff111f40f037.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1433989047.837275.jpg.665d5dffb726c24bc545eda28c0c6aea.jpg

Edited by sunnydaygirl

You can all so shop on line at Cracker Barrel.

http://shop.crackerbarrel.com/Womens-Apparel-Accessories/b/5553074011?class=current&ie=UTF8

I found a new anchor necklace. By the time I looked, only the purple was left. But was on sale, and I love purple. [ATTACH]351885[/ATTACH] it's a long chain. I liked the tips hack that has you laying your necklaces on press and seal to keep them from tangling. I have gotten some new longer pieces that do just that. So will be trying this tip in Sept.

I have a pouch that most necklaces fit in that has loops and nothing gets tangled, but I also have been known to use a straw - just put the chain through it and clasp the ends - never tangles. Jan

I'm not a perfume-wearing CCF, but do something similar to Li'lImp: I take H2O Spa Sea Salt products on cruises. Love the scent and they come in travel sizes, everything from shampoo, conditioner to body wash and lotion. Ummmm! Don't use it often at home...only when I need a serious Remember the Last Cruise moment;). Thanks to Li'lImp for putting that whole thought into words. Smell is a very powerful reminder!

jtperry322: My DH also endures my modeling efforts: "What do you think of this?", "Does this look Cruise Worthy?", "Which earrings/shoes looks best?"....and on and on. Gotta give these guys credit for helping. And besides, we really dress for them (most of the time:rolleyes:)!

sunnydaygirl: Hmmmmm...press and seal for necklaces...I will give that a try for the Next Cruise. Straws work for me, too; but your suggestion is worth trying.

I think CCFs naturally like anything with a nautical theme! Grandson's clothes are adorable! Start him early!!

The reason I mentioned the press and seal is I have some long necklaces that have charms/stones all along it. A straw wouldn't work. I also have one that is five strands. They all hook together or separate. It gets tangled and is a bear to straighten. The P & S should keep all those things separate, worth a shot!

In five days my family will be gathering at DIL's parents home in Phila. We are very lucky to be friends with both DIL's families.

Meanwhile, here's my observation on two types of cruisers when there is less than one week on the countdown:

Completely Organized List Maker:

HAS checked off every item on the Packing List and Spreadsheet. Luggage is tagged and ready.

HAS notified post office, newspaper delivery, etc.

HAS already been to the salon for hair, mani, pedi

HAS cleaned the house, except for a couple last minute chores

HAS set aside a little time the Day Before to have car washed and detailed

Lots of Other Obligations, Waits Till Now to Think About Cruise:

HASN'T gotten out the luggage yet, but knows what's going in

HASN'T looked at mail or newspaper in a week - will send a text to a neighbor to collect while gone

HASN'T had time to make a salon appt. Hopes to stop at a no-appt-needed salon for a trim. Will check last summer's bottle of nail polish to see if there's enough for a DIY mani/pedi

WILL ask (bribe if necessary) family members to put dirty clothes in the laundry and help clean up the house.

WILL also ask/bribe family member to take car to carwash. And if that doesn't get done - car is going to sit out anyway!

I have also observed that both types have a perfectly delightful time on their cruise;)!

Edited by indiana71

I just started following this thread. So much fun!

Now, for my share with you, in case anyone is interested, or looking for some cute cruise dresses at a very reasonalbe price, Old Navy has a really good sale right now! Now, I am typically NOT an Old Navy fan as I just do not think their clothes are typically well made, but I just picked up some of the cutest casual dresses and they are so well made. I like comfort, and these fit the bill. All of them will pack nice for my Dec. cruise!

This is a nice weight, and hides flaws. I got it in the pink stripe: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344578002

This is seriously darling, and it's lined! The embroidery is hard to see but it is so cute! http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344578002

I got the canteloupe stripe, but the blue version looks cute too. In fact, the blue stripe seems very "cruisey" to me! The hem detail is sweet with the stripes running opposite from the rest of the dress. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344579012

I think all of these will look nice with some white sandals!

I just started following this thread. So much fun!

Now, for my share with you, in case anyone is interested, or looking for some cute cruise dresses at a very reasonalbe price, Old Navy has a really good sale right now! Now, I am typically NOT an Old Navy fan as I just do not think their clothes are typically well made, but I just picked up some of the cutest casual dresses and they are so well made. I like comfort, and these fit the bill. All of them will pack nice for my Dec. cruise!

This is a nice weight, and hides flaws. I got it in the pink stripe: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344578002

This is seriously darling, and it's lined! The embroidery is hard to see but it is so cute! http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344578002

I got the canteloupe stripe, but the blue version looks cute too. In fact, the blue stripe seems very "cruisey" to me! The hem detail is sweet with the stripes running opposite from the rest of the dress. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=91340&vid=1&pid=344579012

I think all of these will look nice with some white sandals!

Nice dresses. I only saw two of them with the links. They will be great for your Dec. cruise.