Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Thanks for all the positive comments! I really appreciate ALL feedback.

jkudzu said it best - we can all give each other inspiration!:)

Here's another Casual Day Outfit. The Capris have the same colors as the D&B handbag. This has never been an outfit before...in fact, I usually wear the top over a swimsuit with shorts...and this might be the first time the Capris have gone on a cruise! (It's so much fun putting together a new combination!;))

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A39%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427543335nu0mrj

The next photo shows the Capris and blouse purchased in Nassau. Since it's all white, there are a million color choices for accessories....

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv367%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427539335nu0mrj

...and here's one possibility: The New Purse, lime sandals, earrings, necklace and bracelet. Oh, and I have a watch w/ a lime wrist band! I will try it on to see if all that lime works...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A959%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A42753%3A335nu0mrj

As soon as I sign off, it will be time to start Try-Ons. That's when each outfit is finalized. Not every one has been selected yet...time to get to the Cruise Room:cool:!

Edited by indiana71

I've been following Indiana's posts for a while now trying to learn the art of coordinating outfits. I'm a creative person except when it comes to my clothes. I'm trying to get out of my own rut. ;)

I pulled some things out this morning and threw this outfit together. (Sorry they weren't ironed) The sweater, top, and shorts all came from re-sale shops and the shoes I found on clearance. I love a good bargain! :)

006.jpg.523eb40241937d132e875482da2e3bcb.jpg

005.jpg.7ccb703da2ea9d67ac8d9b60fe3d733c.jpg

I've been following Indiana's posts for a while now trying to learn the art of coordinating outfits. I'm a creative person except when it comes to my clothes. I'm trying to get out of my own rut. ;)

I pulled some things out this morning and threw this outfit together. (Sorry they weren't ironed) The sweater, top, and shorts all came from re-sale shops and the shoes I found on clearance. I love a good bargain! :)

Your outfit looks nice. What kind of blouse is under the sweater?

Good job everyone on the coordinating outfits! I really like the idea of posting pictures *before* the trip because afterwards I will be doing laundry and forget. We leave exactly two weeks from today, so I am going to start packing/trying on/ finalizing soon! I already have my first aid kit packed and ready, and found my passports, so the most important pieces are done. Now, I just have to find the right shade of nail polish. I'm thinking a neutral pink but all the colors I've tried are too bright, or too see-through (ugh) so gotta figure that out. Also debating getting my nails done as I've never done that before in my life, and I am terrible at painting and they always chip in a few days so idk if it's worth it? Does it last longer than "normal" at home nail polish application?

Good job everyone on the coordinating outfits! I really like the idea of posting pictures *before* the trip because afterwards I will be doing laundry and forget. We leave exactly two weeks from today, so I am going to start packing/trying on/ finalizing soon! I already have my first aid kit packed and ready, and found my passports, so the most important pieces are done. Now, I just have to find the right shade of nail polish. I'm thinking a neutral pink but all the colors I've tried are too bright, or too see-through (ugh) so gotta figure that out. Also debating getting my nails done as I've never done that before in my life, and I am terrible at painting and they always chip in a few days so idk if it's worth it? Does it last longer than "normal" at home nail polish application?

Good luck with the wardrobe planning and selection - looking forward to seeing some of your outfits!...and also enjoying the pics of Indiana's selections :)

As for your nails I would recommend finding a salon that does a shellac manicure - these last at least 2 weeks with no chipping and I have had great success with them while traveling - always get one before a cruise! (and I think they have a few nice 'pink' shades which might work for you?)

http://www.cnd.com/products/cnd-shellac#

If you have an Ulta close try their Freshwater Pearl. I've had it on for two weeks through gardening & it still looks great. If it grows out a bit it isn't terribly noticeable

jkudzu: Your outfit is all good! You have mixed fabrics and colors, and accessories are well-suited! Good jobicon14.gif:)

Not chipping is probably the best argument for Shellac - at a nail salon. I also love that my nails are staying super shiny. And that's while cooking, scrubbing, etc.

I have always whined about how bad my nails are - peeling, ridges...but all that isn't an issue with shellac.

I wouldn't do shellac continually. My first and second appt were 3 1/2 weeks apart. And there's another appt on my schedule before The Next Cruise!

indiana71"s white capri outfit, which she brought in the islands has me thinking. How many of us CCF's buy outfits on the island. I all ways buy sun dresses. This AM I wore one like this to church with a yellow shrug over it.

Mine is yellow and orange and the color is called Rangoli firebrick, you can see it from the drop down menu

http://www.rimasxm.com/product_p/smoke-dress-long.htm

So do you buy clothing on the islands?

Edited by geocruiser

indiana71"s white capri outfit, which she brought in the islands has me thinking. How many of us CCF's buy outfits on the island. I all ways buy sun dresses. This AM I wore one like this to church with a yellow shrug over it.

Mine is yellow and orange and the color is called Rangoli firebrick, you can see it from the drop down menu

http://www.rimasxm.com/product_p/smoke-dress-long.htm

So do you buy clothing on the islands?

Cute! I love the dresses and the men's shirts are really nice looking too. I just may have to order a couple for the hubby for our cruise in Nov.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Gerry

Cute! I love the dresses and the men's shirts are really nice looking too. I just may have to order a couple for the hubby for our cruise in Nov.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Gerry

They have a store in Philipsburg St Maarten. A lot of the vendors sell their dresses, for a few dollars more than the store. I all ready have four dresses and they wash great.

Looking for clothing on cruises is always on my agenda...finding them isn't usually the case! But I have purchased a couple of the dresses like geocruisers (thanks for sharing your photo - great Caribbean look!).

In Bermuda, there will be a couple hours in Hamilton...hope to find at least one thing for the June Family Cruise:cool::)!

jkudzu: Your outfit is all good! You have mixed fabrics and colors, and accessories are well-suited! Good jobicon14.gif:)

Not chipping is probably the best argument for Shellac - at a nail salon. I also love that my nails are staying super shiny. And that's while cooking, scrubbing, etc.

I have always whined about how bad my nails are - peeling, ridges...but all that isn't an issue with shellac.

I wouldn't do shellac continually. My first and second appt were 3 1/2 weeks apart. And there's another appt on my schedule before The Next Cruise!

Thanks so much!!!

I know its ages ago, but can you remember much about Noordam cabin 4092. partial view next to elevators. Looking to book this cabin for a 2 week christmas cruise to NZ. Was it noisy from the bar underneath? and how bad/good was the view from the window. Really appreciate any tips. Thankyou. SydneyCandy.

I know its ages ago, but can you remember much about Noordam cabin 4092. partial view next to elevators. Looking to book this cabin for a 2 week christmas cruise to NZ. Was it noisy from the bar underneath? and how bad/good was the view from the window. Really appreciate any tips. Thankyou. SydneyCandy.

Hi SydneyCandy,

WOW that was a long time ago. How did you know I was in that cabin? I traveled in cabins in that area of the ship a lot. I was in 4092. I remember no noise from any where. I don't remember a bar underneath the cabin, so I guess there was no noise from it. It had floor to ceiling windows and I think a life boat was in the view just a little. I liked being near the elevator, one of the things I remember was there were benches by the elevators that were nice to sit on to wait for our friends to meet up with us. Now I was also on Westerdam in about the same cabin. So I liked it a lot.

It was a great mid ship location. Trying to think back, I remember the ship being very beautiful. We would walk through the ship looking at the walls, floors and ceilings. Everything was done so nice. I am trying to remember the closet space. I take a lot with me on a cruise and I don't remember having a space problem. The room had lots of light too.

Edited by geocruiser

Today was a Shopping Day - beautiful spring weather, perfect for walking around an outdoor shopping complex!

It was the first time in 10 years that I went to The Waterfront - near my childhood home. Before it was The Waterfront, there were steel mills all along the river. That's what I grew up seeing!

Anyway, my first stop was at Target. Being a fan of Lilly Pulitzer, I was anxious to see in person what the TV ads have been showing. But...Lilly wasn't there! Such a disappointment!! And nothing else called my name.

Next stop(s): Macy's - nothing:(

Famous Shoes: a pair of bronze strappy kitten heels. They will match a bronze evening bag I have had (and not used):)

Ann Taylor: Tried on a pair of silky, very loose, dressy pants and a floaty top. A different look, but it worked. Bought both...plus a white top that I will wear with a recently purchased skirt from the consignment shop:)

Last stop: Charming Charlie - looking for black dangly earrings with gold. (I have black with silver...need gold for Next Cruise). Found a pair under $10:).

So - mostly highs today! Also finally found a similar colored eye shadow since my favorite Lancome shade has been discontinued. Thank you Ulta consultant for showing me the Urban Decay !

Tomorrow is another busy Out of the House day. Friday will be a Cruise Room day - time to finalize The Next Cruise outfits and continue packing:cool:. I have also started setting aside outfits for June Family Cruise! With springlike temps, it might be possible to open the windows while listening to my Caribbean music...and sipping something refreshing;)!

Today was a Shopping Day - beautiful spring weather, perfect for walking around an outdoor shopping complex!

It was the first time in 10 years that I went to The Waterfront - near my childhood home. Before it was The Waterfront, there were steel mills all along the river. That's what I grew up seeing!

Anyway, my first stop was at Target. Being a fan of Lilly Pulitzer, I was anxious to see in person what the TV ads have been showing. But...Lilly wasn't there! Such a disappointment!! And nothing else called my name.

Next stop(s): Macy's - nothing:(

Famous Shoes: a pair of bronze strappy kitten heels. They will match a bronze evening bag I have had (and not used):)

Ann Taylor: Tried on a pair of silky, very loose, dressy pants and a floaty top. A different look, but it worked. Bought both...plus a white top that I will wear with a recently purchased skirt from the consignment shop:)

Last stop: Charming Charlie - looking for black dangly earrings with gold. (I have black with silver...need gold for Next Cruise). Found a pair under $10:).

So - mostly highs today! Also finally found a similar colored eye shadow since my favorite Lancome shade has been discontinued. Thank you Ulta consultant for showing me the Urban Decay !

Tomorrow is another busy Out of the House day. Friday will be a Cruise Room day - time to finalize The Next Cruise outfits and continue packing:cool:. I have also started setting aside outfits for June Family Cruise! With springlike temps, it might be possible to open the windows while listening to my Caribbean music...and sipping something refreshing;)!

The Ann Taylor outfit sounds great. What kind of waist band did the pants have?

Welp tomorrow is going to be my big "packing day"! I'm going to take pictures of outfits for you guys hopefully. I have to work every day except Saturday and the day before we leave (next Thursday) so I'm going to try to get the majority of my packing done tomorrow. It's been unusually cold around here so I haven't worn any of my shorts yet this year so I gotta try those on. I might see about heading to charming Charlie's as the necklace I wanted to wear with one of my outfits is "mysteriously broken" aka my sister took it and broke it without telling me. Plus I haven't bought jewelry in... Probably 5 or 6 years. I'm trying to focus on my appearance more now that I'm out of college and soon to be married! (Our honeymoon is a cruise too, back to back this august!)

Yesterday was such a delightful spring day!! Today...not so much. Cloudy, temp is struggling to stay at 50, sprinkling:(. Mother Nature teases us with a good day and then we expect it to continue...

Ann Taylor Pants - have an elastic waist. The top I got to go with them is loose, silky and hangs to almost mid-thigh. Yesterday was the first time I've seen this wide-leg style. They were all silky, printed and elastic waist. This is a style that's really comfortable...and looks nice, too:cool::)!

Abercram: Charming Charlie's is THE PLACE for fun jewelry. Don't you love the way the store is arranged - by color?! Makes it so-o-o much easier when you need to match an outfit.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Yesterday was such a delightful spring day!! Today...not so much. Cloudy, temp is struggling to stay at 50, sprinkling:(. Mother Nature teases us with a good day and then we expect it to continue...

Ann Taylor Pants - have an elastic waist. The top I got to go with them is loose, silky and hangs to almost mid-thigh. Yesterday was the first time I've seen this wide-leg style. They were all silky, printed and elastic waist. This is a style that's really comfortable...and looks nice, too:cool::)!

Abercram: Charming Charlie's is THE PLACE for fun jewelry. Don't you love the way the store is arranged - by color?! Makes it so-o-o much easier when you need to match an outfit.

Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Thank for the waist info. I have seen that type of pants a lot down here for the past two years. I think they are great, so comfortable to wear.

I love the shoes! And your outfit. Right now I'm struggling with the real truth that none of my cruise clothes fit well. Thats what 3 months in Florida,2 cruises, do to me.

Spending a wonderful weekend in French Lick. In putting together outfits I realized I need to go up a size. I've been traveling so much and eating out way too much. Good thing its bicycle weather now and I can get mine out! on Monday I will start! A wedding in one year so I have a great goal! hopefully no last min cruises will knock down my will power. if you've never heard of French Lick or West Baden you should google. My husband's convention is here.

Ok sorry for the delay: I'm almost finished packing! Just gotta go buy another pair of shorts and I'll be ready! Here are my evening outfits:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295249.103715.jpg.da5a752d4b11e44402112fd9cbc9abc4.jpg

This is my embarkation outfit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295278.299750.jpg.eb67daf16f48b02121b100d07ee531e6.jpg

A close up of my new sandals!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295318.153147.jpg.fb9eb9a49f17933d494bf54f6d838593.jpg

My first formal night ...