Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

dezertspray: CCFs LOVE to see photos from cruises! Looking forward to yours:cool:! I, on the other hand, did a woefully poor job of having pix from the Last Cruise....will take a sign to post on the mirror "Take CCF Photos of Every Outfit"!

Seriously, photos help everyone to see what works for others.

geocruiser: Yes! That's my shopping bag;). The white Capris and white blouse (and DH's white shirt) have been pressed and are waiting to be called upon...

sunnydaygirl: Booking a cruise is one of life's great pleasures. Good for you!!! What is the itinerary on the Norwegian Escape?

Yesterday, I mentioned a handmade handbag that caught my eye.

After a Cruise Closet assessment, I see that it goes with several outfits....so the handbag has been set aside with my name on it:).

Here is the handbag, followed by a couple skirts & Capris that work with it.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37663%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B7%3C392335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B697%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C%3A335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36557%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C9335nu0mrj

...and these are colors that are also prevalent in my shorts and tops!

Great home made bags. Bags are fun to make. The colors go great with your outfit. How does your cup cakes purse go with those outfits?

Google the shoe and this popped up. Bealls online. [ATTACH]344038[/ATTACH]

I see that Belk has it for 34.99 rather than 40.00 at Bealls, so I am going to stop there on the way home to see if they have them in the store. Shipping from the website is 9.50!!! I also ahve a 20% off coupon, so I really hope they ahve them. I was going to wait until I checked the Skechers outlet, but Belk is closer (can pass right by on the way home from work), and I'd save the gas (aobut 2 gallons).

Thanks!

I see that Belk has it for 34.99 rather than 40.00 at Bealls, so I am going to stop there on the way home to see if they have them in the store. Shipping from the website is 9.50!!! I also ahve a 20% off coupon, so I really hope they ahve them. I was going to wait until I checked the Skechers outlet, but Belk is closer (can pass right by on the way home from work), and I'd save the gas (aobut 2 gallons).

Thanks!

That's awesome!! Mine were discounted too!!!

fyree39: Good shopping! Your tops are cruise-perfect, look like easy-care and should be in style for many vacations:cool:! I like the variety of sleeve lengths, too. Thanks for sharing.

"Cupcakes" Handbag: Interesting that the Polka Dot pattern doesn't clash with the skirt/Capris prints...but the Cupcakes handbag has a pink background and a busier print with more colors - it goes with solid colors better.

Right now it's snowing (lightly but STILL...) and temp is in the teens. What's a CCF to do:confused::rolleyes:! The Packing Process won't begin until after Easter...

LOOK at this closet!! The part you can't see holds a rod full of dresses. I tried on ALL of them and have 10 ready for the consignment shop.

In the photo below, there are at least 20 pairs of Capris! And look how squeezed in all those tops are...that will be my next project. Trying on everything you see.

As I go, pieces that haven't been worn for several cruises will be marked for The Next Cruise. My favorite things will be part of the Family Cruise in June.

At least that's the plan....

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3A94%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C%3B335nu0mrj

...and speaking of having Too Much...here's the other handbag from the shop @ the Lake. Not my usual colors, but it could go with a few outfits...and it would be a change from my bright pastel choices. Since it's fabric, packing it won't be an issue. I just need to decide if it will get enough use...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A75%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B8%3C258335nu0mrj

fyree39: Good shopping! Your tops are cruise-perfect, look like easy-care and should be in style for many vacations:cool:! I like the variety of sleeve lengths, too. Thanks for sharing.

"Cupcakes" Handbag: Interesting that the Polka Dot pattern doesn't clash with the skirt/Capris prints...but the Cupcakes handbag has a pink background and a busier print with more colors - it goes with solid colors better.

Right now it's snowing (lightly but STILL...) and temp is in the teens. What's a CCF to do:confused::rolleyes:! The Packing Process won't begin until after Easter...

LOOK at this closet!! The part you can't see holds a rod full of dresses. I tried on ALL of them and have 10 ready for the consignment shop.

In the photo below, there are at least 20 pairs of Capris! And look how squeezed in all those tops are...that will be my next project. Trying on everything you see.

As I go, pieces that haven't been worn for several cruises will be marked for The Next Cruise. My favorite things will be part of the Family Cruise in June.

At least that's the plan....

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3A94%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C%3B335nu0mrj

...and speaking of having Too Much...here's the other handbag from the shop @ the Lake. Not my usual colors, but it could go with a few outfits...and it would be a change from my bright pastel choices. Since it's fabric, packing it won't be an issue. I just need to decide if it will get enough use...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A75%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B8%3C258335nu0mrj

I forgot the background color of your cupcake purse. I just love the double racks in your closet. You have twice as much space there. Great idea.

I like the stripped bag. The price is right too!

Edited by geocruiser

That's awesome!! Mine were discounted too!!!

They did not have them in stock. However, they did order them for me to ship to my house, and I didn't have to pay shipping! Good to know that for the future. I've often seen stuff on their site and not ordered because I didn't want to pay their high shipping.

They did not have them in stock. However, they did order them for me to ship to my house, and I didn't have to pay shipping! Good to know that for the future. I've often seen stuff on their site and not ordered because I didn't want to pay their high shipping.

Awesome. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I'm actually bummed that it's too cold to wear them right now they're so comfortable. Did I mention I ordered a size down? It's really hard for me to find shoes that fit right in the instep. Don't know if I have high arch or low. But they're great!!

Here at the Lake House, spring is being elusive:confused:. The last 5 Easters have been spent here, and only 1 was warm enough to not wear a winter coat....so the brightly colored dress I wanted to wear is back in the closet. Skirt, sweater, tights, boots...and winter coat! Such is life in northwestern PA:rolleyes:.

Anyway, the polka dot handmade handbag is now in my possession and will be part of future Cruise Outfits. Supporting local business people makes me feel good, and the shop owner has lots of fun items from clothing accessories to table wear - and much of it is tropical-themed!

The nearby consignment shop that is my new favorite was the recipient of several items today. They accept a maximum of 20 items per week, so I chose 8 dresses, a pair of heels (that fit and look like new...but alas, are too high to be comfortable:(), and a handbag and a couple evening clutches.

If they sell, I will be happy to know they have moved on.

Did I buy anything at the consignment shop??? Well, yeah!! An Ann Taylor halter dress (light brown & white). Easy to pack, wrinkle-resistant and nice for dinners.

Also had a manicure locally. My last one was 3 weeks ago (before the Last Cruise) and the gel polish stayed shiny. This time the manicurist used CND gel polish and applied hand lotion after my hands were under the light. Several nails are almost dull...I don't know much about gel manis, so have no idea why.

QUESTION: Do any of you use acetone to remove gel polish? The manicurist (owner of the salon) said to use acetone on cotton balls and to wrap each finger in foil for 15 minutes. Any advice: should I or shouldn't I?? It will be 5 weeks before I get another mani and I could remove the gel and DYI in the meantime. BTW: Didn't really notice the dullness until after leaving. I thought it might just be lotion on my nails, but after washing, dullness remained...

Edited by indiana71

Here at the Lake House, spring is being elusive:confused:. The last 5 Easters have been spent here, and only 1 was warm enough to not wear a winter coat....so the brightly colored dress I wanted to wear is back in the closet. Skirt, sweater, tights, boots...and winter coat! Such is life in northwestern PA:rolleyes:.

Anyway, the polka dot handmade handbag is now in my possession and will be part of future Cruise Outfits. Supporting local business people makes me feel good, and the shop owner has lots of fun items from clothing accessories to table wear - and much of it is tropical-themed!

The nearby consignment shop that is my new favorite was the recipient of several items today. They accept a maximum of 20 items per week, so I chose 8 dresses, a pair of heels (that fit and look like new...but alas, are too high to be comfortable:(), and a handbag and a couple evening clutches.

If they sell, I will be happy to know they have moved on.

Did I buy anything at the consignment shop??? Well, yeah!! An Ann Taylor halter dress (light brown & white). Easy to pack, wrinkle-resistant and nice for dinners.

Also had a manicure locally. My last one was 3 weeks ago (before the Last Cruise) and the gel polish stayed shiny. This time the manicurist used CND gel polish and applied hand lotion after my hands were under the light. Several nails are almost dull...I don't know much about gel manis, so have no idea why.

QUESTION: Do any of you use acetone to remove gel polish? The manicurist (owner of the salon) said to use acetone on cotton balls and to wrap each finger in foil for 15 minutes. Any advice: should I or shouldn't I?? It will be 5 weeks before I get another mani and I could remove the gel and DYI in the meantime. BTW: Didn't really notice the dullness until after leaving. I thought it might just be lotion on my nails, but after washing, dullness remained...

They prep your nail beds for gel polish just like they do for acrylic nails and/or powder acrylic nails. So to take off your gel polish and putting another kind may leave your nails weak and very breakable. But, yes, to take it off do exactly what she said. It's not easy to get off, but doable. As it softens you can scrape it off. Eventually maybe file some off.

indiana71 new hand bag got me thinking how I could use one to go with a skirt that I made. (I did not have any fabric left to make one ) I found this one that goes great with the skirt. Will post a picture of the two together if I have the jacks to connect to the camera and computer here. But here is the bag. fri & Sat 50% off

http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/sun-n-sand-parrot-batik-crossbody-beach-bag

indiana71 new hand bag got me thinking how I could use one to go with a skirt that I made. (I did not have any fabric left to make one ) I found this one that goes great with the skirt. Will post a picture of the two together if I have the jacks to connect to the camera and computer here. But here is the bag. fri & Sat 50% off

http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/sun-n-sand-parrot-batik-crossbody-beach-bag

That is the perfect bag for CCFs!

Thank you sunnydaygirl and other CCFs who commented/helped with my gel nail polish issue. I will go back to see if she will fix the dullness.

This is the BEST thread to find information and share suggestions:).

geocruiser: Love your parrot handbag!! So perfect for cruising:cool:.

Day after tomorrow (Weds), the Packing Process begins;). I will post a couple photos of new purchases (since last cruise) and then work on Outfit Try-Ons.

Easter at the Lake House was cold, but bearable. DS, DIL & 2 grandkids were here. Dressed up for church and dinner at the club. Granddaughter had a new yellow dress (her favorite color) and she will wear that one on the Family Cruise. She was excited to tell me about another new dress...with a palm tree print! (Like grandma, like granddaughter;)).

Grandson wore a shirt the color of the Caribbean. So I just had to look at them to forget about temps in the mid 40's....

For a Bermuda cruise, I turn down the bright colors just a bit. A tropical island, yes! But a little more citified IMHO.

So - most outfits have been put together with Try-Ons tomorrow.

Shopping in Hamilton is likely. My black crossbody with dots is what I will carry in town. Below is the first outfit I put together...but it didn't feel right. The second photo is a better choice...not as bright but still fun.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36272%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427542335nu0mrj

The raspberry-colored Capris weren't doing anything for me. Maybe they're just too casual....

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39945%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427544335nu0mrj

Black sandals and jewelry will be the accessories color.

Two more photos: 1. 3 new purses (can't wait to match the "swimsuits") 2. The inside of the handmade polka dot purse

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A7%3B9%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427532335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3323%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A42753%3B335nu0mrj

More photos to come....

Edited by indiana71

For a Bermuda cruise, I turn down the bright colors just a bit. A tropical island, yes! But a little more citified IMHO.

So - most outfits have been put together with Try-Ons tomorrow.

Shopping in Hamilton is likely. My black crossbody with dots is what I will carry in town. Below is the first outfit I put together...but it didn't feel right. The second photo is a better choice...not as bright but still fun.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36272%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427542335nu0mrj

The raspberry-colored Capris weren't doing anything for me. Maybe they're just too casual....

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39945%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427544335nu0mrj

Black sandals and jewelry will be the accessories color.

Two more photos: 1. 3 new purses (can't wait to match the "swimsuits") 2. The inside of the handmade polka dot purse

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A7%3B9%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A427532335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3323%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C%3A42753%3B335nu0mrj

More photos to come....

I agree with you about the first outfit. Just something does not make it jump out at you. The purse does bring the colors together. But I do like the second one of blue top and black pants. The purse goes great with it. It ties it all in.

Thanks for showing me the inside of your hand made purse. She did a very nice job in making it. It also had to cost her a little to make it because there are a total of three zippers on the bag. A lot of time went into making such a nice bag.

Can't wait until Indiana posts more photos! I am trying to do a better job of putting together outfits and so I love her ideas! Thanks so much Indiana!

Maybe more of us could post our coordinated outfits to give each other inspiration!!! :D