Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Glad your trip went well sdg!

I'm going tomorrow to pick up a maxi skirt for part of my "sail away outfit" as I can't find a dress that I like... Plus with its cute pattern I'm sure I'll be able to wear it at home too. Unfortunately, unlike last year old navy doesn't seem to have ANY nautical themed shirts this year :( I have been waiting and looking. I'm on the hunt for the elusive NON- SEE THROUGH white tank/shirt. As much as I love layering as the next person it can get too hot wearing two layers just so my bra won't be on full display. I would have been ok if I didn't wash a Chapstick with my only white shirt... It has the oil marks on it. I'm also going to look for some swim suits, I'd like to get two more since our 8 day cruise is NEXT MONTH!!! :D

Also, I've been wondering if workout shorts/compression leggings are hot or comfortable in the carribean... Trying to avoid rough seams since they trigger my eczema. I prefer shorts/capris to dresses/skirts as my legs also rub together, which will also trigger my eczema lol and we'll be doing walking tours and the like.

Also, I've been wondering if workout shorts/compression leggings are hot or comfortable in the carribean... Trying to avoid rough seams since they trigger my eczema. I prefer shorts/capris to dresses/skirts as my legs also rub together, which will also trigger my eczema lol and we'll be doing walking tours and the like.

I have two suggestions: one I've tried, and one I'm going to try.

These are very lightweight, roomy, and might eliminate any rubbing under loose capris or skirts:

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Choice-Womens-3-pack-cotton/dp/B004I7BO1U/ref=cts_ap_2_fbt

I bought these for our cruise, but couldn't resist trying them out. THE ABSOLUTE softest material. Sooooooooo comfy, but look great. It's like wearing your jammy bottoms, but very stylish. Run a smidge small:

http://www.amazon.com/WearAll-Plus-Womens-Palazzo-Trousers/dp/B00KTFP3Q2/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1426652145&sr=1-2&keywords=wearall+pants

I picked up some golf skorts for my trip. Pretty yet comfy.

Sunnydaygirl: Loved, loved your post + photos!! So much fun and well-dressed CCFs, too:)!

Our cruise was delightful, weather GORGEOUS:cool:! There were Spring Break college students, and I must say, the young women gave me hope for the future of CCFs! They dressed very well and looked good in casual and evening outfitsicon14.gif.

We are opening the Lake House tomorrow, so today is full of unpacking-from-the-cruise and getting-ready-for-opening chores.

Photos and more will be posted in the next couple of days...and YES! We booked another cruise:cool:....

and shoes at Bealls. [ATTACH]341662[/ATTACH][ATTACH]341663[/ATTACH]. Shoes are so colorful and cushiony!!

Love the shoes! That particluar sole on the Skechers (reggae) is my favorite. I have plantar fasciitis flare up from time to time, and that style is about the only shoe I cna wear w/o my orthotics when it does flare up. I have several styles w/ that sole, but I've never seen that particlyar style, Will have to hunt them up since we don't have Bealls in NC.

Love the shoes! That particluar sole on the Skechers (reggae) is my favorite. I have plantar fasciitis flare up from time to time, and that style is about the only shoe I cna wear w/o my orthotics when it does flare up. I have several styles w/ that sole, but I've never seen that particlyar style, Will have to hunt them up since we don't have Bealls in NC.

The pattern is Zig Zag. Also with black sole. I wore them everyday. They were great for ports too. I had to downsize because of where the instep hit me. But just perfect!!

We're back after our 2 wk cruise & week in FL--it's freezing here! My rainbow shoes were the best thing I had on the cruise. I liked them so much that I bought the same pair in a silvery-white. I'm getting ready to have another foot surgery (#13) & it's so nice having something comfortable for a change.

I had a guy tell my DH that he was sorry that DH had to carry all of my clothes, as I didn't wear the same thing more than once. DH told him, she has one case & it's lighter than mine. Not having a ton of shoes made a big difference.

I have two suggestions: one I've tried, and one I'm going to try.

These are very lightweight, roomy, and might eliminate any rubbing under loose capris or skirts:

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Choice-Womens-3-pack-cotton/dp/B004I7BO1U/ref=cts_ap_2_fbt

I am new here. I use the above under skirts and love them. Let's just say that I've not had a thigh gap since puberty hit and these prevent chafing. I need to get more as I love to wear skirts in the summer.

Edited by WoodsDrive

Glad your trip went well sdg!

I'm going tomorrow to pick up a maxi skirt for part of my "sail away outfit" as I can't find a dress that I like... Plus with its cute pattern I'm sure I'll be able to wear it at home too. Unfortunately, unlike last year old navy doesn't seem to have ANY nautical themed shirts this year :( I have been waiting and looking. I'm on the hunt for the elusive NON- SEE THROUGH white tank/shirt. As much as I love layering as the next person it can get too hot wearing two layers just so my bra won't be on full display. I would have been ok if I didn't wash a Chapstick with my only white shirt... It has the oil marks on it. I'm also going to look for some swim suits, I'd like to get two more since our 8 day cruise is NEXT MONTH!!! :D

I'm not exactly sure what type/size dress you're wanting for sailaway, but I found this inexpensive one for my upcoming trip. I found it to be true to size; it washes well; and comes in multiple sizes/colors.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/FADED-GLORY-HENLEY-MAXI-DRESS-WITH-ROPE-BELT/41680222

I'm not exactly sure what type/size dress you're wanting for sailaway' date=' but I found this inexpensive one for my upcoming trip. I found it to be true to size; it washes well; and comes in multiple sizes/colors.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/FADED-GLORY-HENLEY-MAXI-DRESS-WITH-ROPE-BELT/41680222[/quote']

Cool! I hadn't thought to look at Walmart! I found a cute skirt at target, it's a blue and white v stripe, very flattering! (Even fiancé liked it and he isn't a fan of patterns). I find it with a shirt help camouflage my stomach better than a dress. I am anxiously awaiting my bathing suit order.. I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday!!! Only 32 days left, gotta start planning outfits soon!

Several CCFs are in Cruise Mode. Returning from one or getting ready to board. Keeps us all in the mood (like we NEED something to keep cruising in mind:rolleyes:). The links and suggestions are some of the best ideas on any thread!

Here's a Casual Day photo - we haven't reached tropical climate yet, so a cardigan (from Target) covers a sleeveless top. The brown Capris have been on many cruises. Sandals are Naot and I could wear them all day!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B5%3C5%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C868%3A4%3B3335nu0mrj

...just to prove my point RE Naots...here they are again! DH & I were in Nassau, at the Blanc du Nuit shop (where we bought a couple cruise-worthy pieces).

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34%3B46%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C86%3A345%3A335nu0mrj

ColdinME thanks for the link! So sweet of you to think of me :) and Indiana those shoes do look super cute and comfy! So does the cardigan! I'm finding I do love target for their great clothes! (And not terribly expensive)

dezertspray: Your photos could be in a catalog! Great composition and perfect for Nassau! Thanks for sharing:cool::)!

I did a quick shopping trip while DH did chores at the Lake House. Found 2 tops...I find it much easier to have luck with tops...not so much with ANY bottoms (Capris or skirts mainly).

A small gift shop in the tiny (2 block) Lake House town carries handmade handbags...and the designer will do custom orders. I see a couple new (color-coordinated) accessories in my future;)! (will post a couple handbag photos soon.)

Thanks Indiana71 and SunnyDayGirl! Today I narrowed down to two maxi skirts with 2 tops each. A knee length skirt with tshirt, blue Ralph Lauren cocktail dress. I have sandals, one pair of flats and athletic shoes. Have shorts to figure out now. I will take pics on the ship of what I wear. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunndaygirl,

Love the pictures. You look great in your outfit.

Awhyf,

Happy to hear that you had a great cruise. We got back on 3/15 from being onboard Regal Princess.

Woodsdrive,

Welcome to the CCF thread. Lots of great info here and great ideas.

Dezertspray,

I Just love the dress. The colors are great.

Indiana71,

Happy to hear your cruise was good. You look wonderful in the pictures. Is that your shopping bag on the pirate's arm?

We just booked the Norwegian Escape!! I really will have to diet. Feb 6 and my sons wedding in April in Antigua Guatemala. Have gained way too much of my loss back with all the travel. Wish I was a person who lost weight when traveling!!

Am sure I'll be booking a fall cruise with the "girls" too!!

We just booked the Norwegian Escape!! I really will have to diet. Feb 6 and my sons wedding in April in Antigua Guatemala. Have gained way too much of my loss back with all the travel. Wish I was a person who lost weight when traveling!!

Am sure I'll be booking a fall cruise with the "girls" too!!

Hsppy to hear that you booked a cruise. Are two sons getting married?

dezertspray: CCFs LOVE to see photos from cruises! Looking forward to yours:cool:! I, on the other hand, did a woefully poor job of having pix from the Last Cruise....will take a sign to post on the mirror "Take CCF Photos of Every Outfit"!

Seriously, photos help everyone to see what works for others.

geocruiser: Yes! That's my shopping bag;). The white Capris and white blouse (and DH's white shirt) have been pressed and are waiting to be called upon...

sunnydaygirl: Booking a cruise is one of life's great pleasures. Good for you!!! What is the itinerary on the Norwegian Escape?

Yesterday, I mentioned a handmade handbag that caught my eye.

After a Cruise Closet assessment, I see that it goes with several outfits....so the handbag has been set aside with my name on it:).

Here is the handbag, followed by a couple skirts & Capris that work with it.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37663%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B7%3C392335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B697%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C%3A335nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36557%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C8%3B932%3C9335nu0mrj

...and these are colors that are also prevalent in my shorts and tops!