Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Indiana,

I did my first photo Christmas Card this past Holiday. I had 5 different pic's from our daughters wedding last May...and one pic of our 8 pound Pomeranian dog, Lily.

Everyone loved seeing the pic's!

Edited by Ollie_WA

Oh my!! I was checking the RCI website this morning. On the way to the Lake House, I told DH about a 10-night Eastern Caribbean on Anthem of the Seas in January. He said...... "Book it!":cool::cool::)

As much as it's been said - booking a cruise makes my heart pound like crazy!! And Anthem of the Seas will be a new ship for us.

10 Nights = Choosing More Outfits;)

Oh my!! I was checking the RCI website this morning. On the way to the Lake House, I told DH about a 10-night Eastern Caribbean on Anthem of the Seas in January. He said...... "Book it!":cool::cool::)

As much as it's been said - booking a cruise makes my heart pound like crazy!! And Anthem of the Seas will be a new ship for us.

10 Nights = Choosing More Outfits;)

Ten day cruise is a nice length. I am starting to look at cruise for the winter months.

I have been busy sewing this week for our cruise in Nov. With all the traveling we are going to be doing this summer with 3 grand children graduating high school and 1 graduating preschool we are going to be busy! So not a lot of time to sew this summer. Hopefully I can get everything done now before the middle of May.

I made a maxi dress and even tried my hand at embellishing it. I also made 2 pairs of shorts, a top, and a dress for casual night.

Now I have to figure out how to make a small hanging shoe bag to put small incedentals in that I can roll like a jewelry bag to travel and hang in the closet on the ship. I saw acute pattern to make a "safe" that goes on your hanger and you put your clothes over the top that I want to make for my Jewelry to go into for each outfit.

Lot of plans just not much time. :D

I will try to post pics of the dresses and top that I made.

[ATTACH]348026[/ATTACH][ATTACH]348027[/ATTACH][ATTACH]348028[/ATTACH][ATTACH]348029[/ATTACH][ATTACH]348030[/ATTACH]

Have a great weekend,

Gerry

TNGALOHA: I've said it before - I envy your sewing talent! Love the things you made, nice tropical fabrics, too.

You are going to be busy with family events, hope you get everything done:cool:.

I took a very large scarf w/ a boat print to my alterations goddess. She will make a top out of it. Since the fabric is thin, I'll wear a white cami underneath. Can't wait to see what she does!

TNGALOHA: I've said it before - I envy your sewing talent! Love the things you made, nice tropical fabrics, too.

You are going to be busy with family events, hope you get everything done:cool:.

I took a very large scarf w/ a boat print to my alterations goddess. She will make a top out of it. Since the fabric is thin, I'll wear a white cami underneath. Can't wait to see what she does!

Please post a picture of it when your blouse get done. Love to se it.

Since sewing is a topic[emoji5](I mend, hardly ever create anymore),i thought I would share my granddaughter, modeling her mommy a newest creation for Disney! ImageUploadedByForums1430712218.721220.jpg.59a674c5d652f5a58833d1abdd1c39c4.jpg she hand painted the faces, cut and embroidered all the others. I'm responsible for the Bling and giving her my honest opinion for material choices and placement.i think it's taken two months here and there. She found one online that lady was charging, and getting,$200 a dress, and had a waiting list! She already has materials purchased for our Feb cruise. Wonder what Miss Eliza will wear them.

Since sewing is a topic[emoji5](I mend, hardly ever create anymore),i thought I would share my granddaughter, modeling her mommy a newest creation for Disney! [ATTACH]348223[/ATTACH] she hand painted the faces, cut and embroidered all the others. I'm responsible for the Bling and giving her my honest opinion for material choices and placement.i think it's taken two months here and there. She found one online that lady was charging, and getting,$200 a dress, and had a waiting list! She already has materials purchased for our Feb cruise. Wonder what Miss Eliza will wear them.

WOW! The dress is great. Your Granddaughter is very cute.

Since sewing is a topic[emoji5](I mend, hardly ever create anymore),i thought I would share my granddaughter, modeling her mommy a newest creation for Disney! [ATTACH]348223[/ATTACH] she hand painted the faces, cut and embroidered all the others. I'm responsible for the Bling and giving her my honest opinion for material choices and placement.i think it's taken two months here and there. She found one online that lady was charging, and getting,$200 a dress, and had a waiting list! She already has materials purchased for our Feb cruise. Wonder what Miss Eliza will wear them.

sunnydaygirl, what and Adorable little granddaughter you have, and that dress is so cute! I have a granddaughter that would LOVE that! Well I guess I may have to find the material and make something like that for her. Tell her keep up the good work it is beautiful!

Have a great day,

Gerry

sunnydaygirl: Add my cudos to your granddaughter!! Granddaughters (grandsons, too!) do the most fun things:)! Girls have lots more choices for what to wear and your granddaughter's dress is absolutely adorable!!

Went out this morning to vote since we will be cruising on Primary Election Day:cool:...and stopped (without any expectations) at the Goodwill store.

Got several tops!!! Two Banana Republic knits, a Ralph Lauren tennis sweater (no, I don't play tennis, but like the style:rolleyes:), a no-wrinkle blouse, a Talbot tank and white Coldwater Creek Capris.

The one Banana Republic top will get worn Friday for traveling to Baltimore.

It was nice to go out without a coat or jacket. Beautiful weather! Right now we're getting an afternoon "heat of the day" thunder shower, but I am delighted with Mother Nature today!

Suitcases are zipped and in the hall - ready to be toted to the garage.

Tomorrow we are going to a mid-morning minor league baseball game and of course, Cocktail Hour at 5 PM. After that, Nothing Left to Do but relax a bit, get a good night's sleep and wake up alarm at 5 AM Friday:cool::)

We have never cruised on Halloween...but if we did, dressing up would be fun! Probably not an elaborate costume, but something to celebrate the holiday. On St Patrick's Day, we see cruisers decked out in green wearing silly shamrocks on their heads or elsewhere...(and having a great time!). My suggestion: take costumes with you and ask what others are doing. Better to have the where-with-all than to be the only one without!

Edited by indiana71

Twelve hours from now - we will be boarding the bus to the Port of Baltimore:). The weather as we cruise down the coast might (will probably be) a bit rough. C'est le vie!

We will be docked two nights and the return trip should be smooth.

Looking forward to doing some shopping in Hamilton...and planning to take CFF photos:cool:.

Meanwhile - keep checking in and I will log on May 17 or 18:cool::)

Twelve hours from now - we will be boarding the bus to the Port of Baltimore:). The weather as we cruise down the coast might (will probably be) a bit rough. C'est le vie!

We will be docked two nights and the return trip should be smooth.

Looking forward to doing some shopping in Hamilton...and planning to take CFF photos:cool:.

Meanwhile - keep checking in and I will log on May 17 or 18:cool::)

Have a wonderful cruise. Can't wait to see your photos.

I have it down pat. Last year I took with me 12 chiffon or silk kaftans. Some I wore by the pool with a matchin head scarf and then in the evening I wore a silk dressier style version f dinner. Incredible n matched. I took a small plastic pool bag. One evening cross over hand bag which I never used. A slip for my pyjamas which double as a kaftan lining f evenings. Trainers and two gym tops, one pair of heels two bikinis a pool sarong dress that acts as a towel. Various hair flower to match my plain kaftans and head bands. Two pairs of neon bubble pool slippers. (These kaftans not even 200 GM in weight so imagine my case was empty.) I bring two light pair of yoga pants for walking tours (and gym use) because it gets so hot if ur not 16 n don't have a"thigh gap" sweat gives u a rash lol. Gosh my case was less than 10 kg. I sell the kaftans now as I make them myself. Because every day I wore one I had 50 women trying to rip it off me. Seriously comfortable cruise clothing. Hope that helps