Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I just bought my LAST item for Sunday's cruise - and it's something I never thought I would wear! But this pair jumped out at me and screamed CRUISE!

So they are Palazzo pants, and with a print! I keep seeing them in the stores but think I just can't pull that off. Well, I think I can and can't wait to wear on Allure!

I can't find the pair I got on dressbarn's website, but they are a batik print in shades of blue and Aqua and white, I love them!

Edited by murfturf

I just bought my LAST item for Sunday's cruise - and it's something I never thought I would wear! But this pair jumped out at me and screamed CRUISE!

So they are Palazzo pants, and with a print! I keep seeing them in the stores but think I just can't pull that off. Well, I think I can and can't wait to wear on Allure!

I can't find the pair I got on dressbarn's website, but they are a batik print in shades of blue and Aqua and white, I love them!

i love palazzo pants. I sure that they look great on you

Trash. Stained shirts, ripped pants, old undies… Just let go of them already, folks

This is what I used to do until I saw a segment on the local news about Goodwill. It seems they take the clothing donations in good repair for sale in their shops. The others are bundled up and sold to companies in Asia that recycle the fabric. So Goodwill makes money both ways as well as helping the people who do the sorting. Seems like a win-win-win situation.:)

This is what I used to do until I saw a segment on the local news about Goodwill. It seems they take the clothing donations in good repair for sale in their shops. The others are bundled up and sold to companies in Asia that recycle the fabric. So Goodwill makes money both ways as well as helping the people who do the sorting. Seems like a win-win-win situation.:)

That is really great info. Thanks, I did not know that.

Things I always make sure I have and would be great for a goody bag:

A watch: purchased at the dollar store and put on my beach bag handle (while my wristwatch is left in the safe in the room). One watch usually lasts a few cruises - but if it gets wet or ruined, no harm - I can afford another one!

Hand sanitizer: comes with a rubber loop and is attached to my beach bag handle for easy use.

Also, if you are stopping at a private island, I always buy the inflatable rings at the dollar store. Just big enough to lean on in the water (and hold my drink at the same time ;)) and much less expensive than renting the mats. When we finish with them, we find someone (usually a child) to give them to. (These might be especially great for the kids in your group.)

One other small, inexpensive item I always need - Chapstick. The sun is absolutely brutal on my lips.

I leave on the Jewel in less than two weeks. What great ideas for small gifts -- I am going to get these for myself! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murfturf: Hope you will post a photo wearing Palazzo pants. Sounds like it could be a new trend...

Scrapnana: I've wondered what happens to the clothing that is donated to Goodwill but isn't in a condition to resell. Glad to know that $$ can be made. Thanks for the info!!

Here's a list of items for a Goody Bag that have appeared in various posts. I've been making notes, but if something is missing, post a reminder.

Thanks to all who have given suggestions! More ideas are welcome!!

Copy of Ship Deck Plans

Highlighter

PostIt Notepads

Magnets

Small Flashlight

Travel Sewing Kit

Small Clock

Purse-size Tissue packs

Hand Sanitizer (one with a loop to attach to beachbag)

Deck of cards

Chapstick

Edited by indiana71

murfturf: Hope you will post a photo wearing Palazzo pants. Sounds like it could be a new trend...

Scrapnana: I've wondered what happens to the clothing that is donated to Goodwill but isn't in a condition to resell. Glad to know that $$ can be made. Thanks for the info!!

Here's a list of items for a Goody Bag that have appeared in various posts. I've been making notes, but if something is missing, post a reminder.

Thanks to all who have given suggestions! More ideas are welcome!!

Copy of Ship Deck Plans

Highlighter

PostIt Notepads

Magnets

Small Flashlight

Travel Sewing Kit

Small Clock

Purse-size Tissue packs

Hand Sanitizer (one with a loop to attach to beachbag)

Deck of cards

Chapstick

Night light

We got back Saturday from our cruise and I am sorry to say that I didn't take even one photo of my outfits! :eek: Indiana, I must warn you that your plan to stay in a suite may absorb some of your fashionista urges - as it did mine. I was so relaxed on this trip that I just floated through each day...of course it was really nice to just wake up and throw on an "already put together and ironed" outfit that I didn't even have to think about, but with our room being so nice I wasn't that tempted to go out about the ship like usual OR even slip out of my plush bathrobe and into one of my outfits.

Next cruise is already booked and no suite in my future...at least not yet. But, I will keep on looking for more things to add to my cruise closet and keep following all of the wonderful advice you ladies have to offer.

Thanks all for the inspiration!

Peggy

Blizzard coming in tonight in CO, 18-30", maybe more. Great, we leave on Monday! But I have the cutest shoes to go with me now. Sketchers

f38f28cad8d9490a0475b152bb06c6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I totally wanted these shoes when I read your post! I went to the local shoe store and no luck- looked on Amazon and found them! DH was too impressed with the rainbow colors so I ordered the black! They truly do run large as I have wide feet so I ordered a size 9 and I had to send them back and re-order the 8 1/2. but they are awesome! comfortable, and very light weight. Thank you for finding them and posting here!:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I just ordered a dress for our anniversary cruise in Nov. and need help on the accessories, shoes jewelry etc.

Hopefully this link works.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fast-Delivery-Grace-Karin-New-Blue-Layers-Designer-Sheath-Long-Evening-Prom-Dress-CL4654/1418219295.html

Thanks in advance ladies,

Gerry

mployhar: Too bad you didn't take any Outfits Pix...but happy to hear you were absorbed in the "suite" life:cool:;)!

I can understand the "I don't want to leave this beautiful space" mentality. A year ago, a friend called to say he booked a room for DH & me in a downtown Pittsburgh hotel. We were going to an Oldies concert and he didn't want us to drive home late at night...well the "room" was a corner suite overlooking the city. Just the bathroom was enough to make me want to miss the concert:rolleyes:! Of course, I pulled myself away...but spent time luxuriating in a huge bathtub full of bubbles in the morning!

TNGALOHA - Your dress is GORGEOUS!!! Let it be the main focus and wear understated accessories. I would suggest sparkly silver shoes, earrings and necklace - small and not fussy.

You will be the best dressed CCF onboard:cool::)!

One Week from Today: Mani/Pedi, Eyebrow Wax. Last check of the Packing List. Luggage in the car. Set timer for 5:30 AM wake-up (like I'll need it:rolleyes:)!

Good Morning Ladies,

I just ordered a dress for our anniversary cruise in Nov. and need help on the accessories, shoes jewelry etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fast-Delivery-Grace-Karin-New-Blue-Layers-Designer-Sheath-Long-Evening-Prom-Dress-CL4654/1418219295.html

Gerry

WOW!!!! I guess I should re-think taking my gown from my daughter's wedding, I didn't want to be over dressed, but I guess I wouldn't be!

Good Morning Ladies,

Gerry

I agree with indiana about silver shoes and jewelry. I might forgo a necklace (like the model in the picture) because of the bling on the bodice. I would go with sparkly earrings and a bracelet.

Edited by Scrapnana

Thank you so much for the help Indiana, and Scrapnana.

I don't have any silver shoes so I guess that means that there is a shopping trip in my future. :D :D

I was notified today that my dress has already shipped. Wow that was fast.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Gerry

Good Morning Ladies,

Gerry

I would go with a longer rhinestone earnings and rhinestone bracelet

Let us know how the dress fits and look on you. That was a great price you payed.

Edited by geocruiser

so i totally wanted these shoes when i read your post! I went to the local shoe store and no luck- looked on amazon and found them! Dh was too impressed with the rainbow colors so i ordered the black! They truly do run large as i have wide feet so i ordered a size 9 and i had to send them back and re-order the 8 1/2. But they are awesome! Comfortable, and very light weight. Thank you for finding them and posting here!:)

cute shoes:):)

Edited by Lois R

Lois R: Thanks for sharing your cruise photos! As I am counting down the last couple days before the Next Cruise, it makes me happy to see your pictures:cool:!

Weather prediction for Baltimore on Friday is not what we want to see: mid 40s and rain:(...DH will be unhappy if he isn't outside on the top deck during SailAway...drinking a Red Stripe and talking to both DSs on his phone. BUT - we will still be on a cruise heading south:)!

My clothes & accessories for Friday morning are hanging on the bathroom door...so I will be ready to go by 6:15 AM!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Gerry

Gerry,

I know that you only asked for advice from the ladies, but I hope that you won't mind a comment from the coarser half of the world. I am a man who cares about cruise clothing and I enjoy helping my wife shop for cruise wear. Anyway, my arbitrary comment is, "If you wear that dress, I can't imagine that anyone will even notice shoes, jewelry, or accessories." It's beautiful. I'm sure that you and your husband will really enjoy your anniversary cruise.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

Gerry,

I know that you only asked for advice from the ladies, but I hope that you won't mind a comment from the coarser half of the world. I am a man who cares about cruise clothing and I enjoy helping my wife shop for cruise wear. Anyway, my arbitrary comment is, "If you wear that dress, I can't imagine that anyone will even notice shoes, jewelry, or accessories." It's beautiful. I'm sure that you and your husband will really enjoy your anniversary cruise.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

From one Gerry to another Thank you for your comment.

It is always nice to get a man's perspective on the outfits.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Gerry

jerrymanos: Loved reading your comments! I told my DH and he applauds you for speaking on behalf of the guys:)!!

Had a mani/pedi this morning. Did gel mani...hadn't planned on it, but the color was tropical and manicurist believes it will last longer. She says I can remove it, but must use acetone, not regular polish remover...or she does it (for $10)....will decide after the cruise.

Stopped at TJ Maxx...bought 2 shoulder bags - 1 raspberry colored, the other has a swimsuit print - just fun for summer (and future cruises:cool::))

Also (since my appt was at Penney's), found a dress on sale there, that will possibly work for Formal Night. It's not a cocktail dress, so I will need to add some bling.

Will include photos of all new items after The Next Cruise....which begins DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!

Edited by indiana71

It's Thursday...and that means our weekly Cocktail Hour, and then the travel agent who helps with DH's group cruises is having a Cruise Open House. We will be there, too.

And then...suitcases in the car. We have just the 2 big pieces. I had a garment bag out, but didn't need it;).

I plan to have lots of photos this time. (We always say that, and get so caught up in the excitement/moment/whatever, that the camera doesn't have a chance...) BUT, will try.

Meanwhile CCFs, keep the conversation going! Posters are always preparing for The Next Cruise:cool::).