Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

We returned Saturday from the Family Cruise and happy to say it was delightful!:cool::)

Weather was perfect - 85 and sunny every day. Lots of happy memories...and about 500 photos to go through...and very few to delete:rolleyes:

I have never purchased a dress in the shops onboard...until now! There was a dress in the window and my size was available! I wore it for a Formal Night - not as formal as the cocktail dress on my spreadsheet, but it fit without any alterations, so a no brainer...the photo makes it look a little longer than it is??? and you can't see the detail very well...but this one will go on Future Cruises.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36643%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D37374%3B359%3A335nu0mrj

sunnydaygirl: Thanks for sharing your clothes photos. Even small, they look very cruise worthy! I use snapfish and simply copy and paste here.

BTW: Congrats on losing the pounds! Let that be incentive to continue.

We returned Saturday from the Family Cruise and happy to say it was delightful!:cool::)

Weather was perfect - 85 and sunny every day. Lots of happy memories...and about 500 photos to go through...and very few to delete:rolleyes:

I have never purchased a dress in the shops onboard...until now! There was a dress in the window and my size was available! I wore it for a Formal Night - not as formal as the cocktail dress on my spreadsheet, but it fit without any alterations, so a no brainer...the photo makes it look a little longer than it is??? and you can't see the detail very well...but this one will go on Future Cruises.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36643%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D37374%3B359%3A335nu0mrj

sunnydaygirl: Thanks for sharing your clothes photos. Even small, they look very cruise worthy! I use snapfish and simply copy and paste here.

Welcome back! Very cute dress and as always you look terrific.

Love the dress. How lucky that it fit you right off the rack. I love when that happens.

Happy to hear that you had a fun cruise.

I absolutely LOVE the colors in the dress....nothing better than a black dress with vibrant colors! What a great purchase!

Bored with retirement, I started working in an upscale resale shop a few months ago. It's been so much fun working with the great clothes and learning to be more creative in my wardrobe. But one thing that I've noticed is how a lot of the women talk about themselves when they come in. "I'm too fat to wear that!" "My hips are too big!" etc.... I realized that I've been saying similar things too. When a friend came in this week to try on some things, I heard her doing the same thing. After I threatened to put her in time-out, (it's the teacher in me) I decided I was going to start being more positive about my body image from now on. Women need to have more positive thoughts in their head about themselves and they body they have right now! So here I go on my one woman campaign to feel better about myself and make others feel better too! Who's with me ladies??? ;) By the way, you look great in that outfit!!!

Edited by jkudzu

Bored with retirement, I started working in an upscale resale shop a few months ago. It's been so much fun working with the great clothes and learning to be more creative in my wardrobe. But one thing that I've noticed is how a lot of the women talk about themselves when they come in. "I'm too fat to wear that!" "My hips are too big!" etc.... I realized that I've been saying similar things too. When a friend came in this week to try on some things, I heard her doing the same thing. After I threatened to put her in time-out, (it's the teacher in me) I decided I was going to start being more positive about my body image from now on. Women need to have more positive thoughts in their head about themselves and they body they have right now! So here I go on my one woman campaign to feel better about myself and make others feel better too! Who's with me ladies??? ;) By the way, you look great in that outfit!!!

I am with you all the way. We can still make changes in our weight/ etc. with out putting our selves down.

I agree. There was a video shown on TV recently where a woman shows herself in a two piece bathing suit with her post-baby stretched tummy showing. She has received a great deal of positive feedback. Good for her!

Funny that I saw this today (I've been scarce around here and have missed so much!). I also saw a picture of Marilyn Monroe in a two piece bathing suit and she did not look thin. She looked fabulous, but not like the models we see now. It got me thinking a bit about how I beat myself up and won't wear certain things. That, combined with this post, make me think I have to start realizing what I have put my body through (3 kids, illness, a bunch of surgeries, etc...) and I should start saying that I look pretty darn good! I guess my point is that I am now taking your message and the picture as a sign that I have to start being more positive about my self image...and by the way, you all look fabulous!!

jkudzu: Bravo! You beautifully put in to words what so many women need to hear!! For that, you have earned the CCF Tiara Award:).

On this thread, we don't give our vital statistics, but I know CCFs come in all shapes. We're here because looking presentable while being comfortable is important, (on a Cruise OR not!)

I hope anyone who reads your post will be inspired to think positively when looking in a mirror!

Why thank you! I've always wanted my own tiara!!!:D

I guess hearing other women put themselves down reminded me that I had been doing the same thing. But I'm going to work really hard on not doing it anymore!

STAY STYLISH MY FRIENDS!!! J

Edited by jkudzu

Kudzu you totally rock! :D:D:D

Helping someone feel good about themselves is a wonderful thing to do. Your kind words will stay with your customers long after they have left the shop. Every time they put on that outfit they will hear your kind words all over again. We all come in different shapes and sizes which makes each of us unique and special. BTW, Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14 in the movie Some Like it Hot.

Ya'll are so nice! Thank you!

I just want us all to start feeling good about ourselves and the body we're in.

I have spent too much of my life feeling inadequate (even when I was young and thin). Now at 50 something, I'm doing my best to spread the "gospel of glamour" from now on.

Have to brag. Someone told the owner of the store that they loved the new, young girl who was so kind and helpful in the store. It was me! Not bad for a grandmother of 3 huh!?!;)

I was driving to the Lake House this morning when a dump truck in the opposite lane kicked up a big stone and it broke my windshield:mad:! Grrrrr...it's the bottom left side - and doesn't impede vision or let in rain (yes, it was raining again).

I talked to the salesman who sold us the Camry hybrid and he made arrangements to have the windshield replaced near the Lake House.

It was a yukky way to start a day, but thankfully, the damage can be fixed.

The scrapbook is put together for The Family Cruise - 400 photos!

The Cruise Room gets a break for a couple months - no activity until October (unless I can't stand waiting:cool:).

The Next Cruise is 10 nights, Western Caribbean...and more than 100 days away.

But Family Vacation is the last week of July, so I have begun laying in supplies for the week (for 10 of us rather than 2:rolleyes:)

Outfit selection isn't a Process for FV. There are clothes that stay at the Lake House, and I supplement with things from home. The spreadsheet is perfect for Cruising, since most days are planned. Don't need to know in advance for a laid-back week of family activities.

Are you starting to see End of Season Sales yet?? I haven't been shopping since pre-cruise, but will be looking for mark downs soon.

I'm getting tons of emails from Lands End & Athleta on end of season sales. I did get to shop yesterday (my dentist is 10 miles from the outlets & DH said okay, just a few minutes [emoji6]). Columbia had board shorts in dark grey, navy & black (perfect for paddleboarding) on sale for under $20 (does anyone actually pay $60 for them?). Also found 3 pairs of shorts & shirts for DH in Columbia. All were SPF30-50. Walked next door & hit up Chicos for an asymmetrical bottom turquoise/cream/grey pattern shirt, turquoise casual pullover & teal/white pattern 3/4 length shirt & a pair of travelers khaki shorts. Then walked a couple stores down to the new Vera Bradley store! I'd never bought from them before, but a 50% off sale (& an additional 10% military discount) lured me in. Had to buy these, they screamed take me on a cruise ImageUploadedByForums1436485021.027951.jpg.9fd1b2a2f04c0136aa65b0aeef684cb1.jpg. I only walked down half an aisle there.

I did get my stitches out of the foot this morning & we're cautiously optimistic that this might have taken care of the problem. Thanks to so many of you that wished me well. Melody

I'm getting tons of emails from Lands End & Athleta on end of season sales. I did get to shop yesterday (my dentist is 10 miles from the outlets & DH said okay, just a few minutes [emoji6]). Columbia had board shorts in dark grey, navy & black (perfect for paddleboarding) on sale for under $20 (does anyone actually pay $60 for them?). Also found 3 pairs of shorts & shirts for DH in Columbia. All were SPF30-50. Walked next door & hit up Chicos for an asymmetrical bottom turquoise/cream/grey pattern shirt, turquoise casual pullover & teal/white pattern 3/4 length shirt & a pair of travelers khaki shorts. Then walked a couple stores down to the new Vera Bradley store! I'd never bought from them before, but a 50% off sale (& an additional 10% military discount) lured me in. Had to buy these, they screamed take me on a cruise [ATTACH]355412[/ATTACH]. I only walked down half an aisle there.

I did get my stitches out of the foot this morning & we're cautiously optimistic that this might have taken care of the problem. Thanks to so many of you that wished me well. Melody

Your Vera on the left is my favorite purse!!! It fits my mini iPad or nook, whichever I'm using, perfectly. I actually got their new toiletry/jewelry bag. ImageUploadedByForums1436503172.665009.jpg.17d6fd4eb4d27097a45013edb6882b66.jpg. My friends all have them but this is my first. I think you'll love them.

CCFs Who Have Access to Lots of Shopping Venues: I am a tad envious... with end-of-the-season sales, there are so-o-o many bargains!

BUT my shopping itch was satisfied yesterday when the town near the Lake House had an Art Festival/Farmer's Market. I purchased 5 pairs of Cruise Worthy earrings and spent $16!

The young lady who makes the earrings is going on her first cruise this fall. I told her she MUST take some of her earrings, and she said, " I don't wear jewelry." WHAT???!! I think(hope) I convinced her to take some with her!

Today was the last day of a Royal Caribbean sale. I saw an itinerary that we have done before, out of Baltimore on Grandeur of the Seas. DH said, "Book it!" Gotta love that guy:).

So now we are booked for end of November, January, March and a back to back in June:cool::).

In September, the Cruise Room will get a thorough Go-Through. I will inspect every item and re-organize where necessary...before the next Packing Process gets underway.

Below is a photo of one of my favorite color combinations for Caribbean cruising - yellow and bright pink.

The top is New York New York, Capris Liz Claiborne and wedges are Clark's. Hard to see the jewelry, but Brighton "fish" necklace and earrings were purchased many cruises ago.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3B89%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D37374%3B3588335nu0mrj

Edited by indiana71

Below is a photo of one of my favorite color combinations for Caribbean cruising - yellow and bright pink.

The top is New York New York, Capris Liz Claiborne and wedges are Clark's. Hard to see the jewelry, but Brighton "fish" necklace and earrings were purchased many cruises ago.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C%3B89%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D37374%3B3588335nu0mrj

Very pretty color combo on you. You wear it well.

My house is undergoing bathroom laundry room Reno. So much dust everywhere. In prep for this I hauled loads of "stuff" to goodwill. I now cannot locate my passport or cameras. I really can't start cruise prep because drywallers will come and creat more dust. So I'm gonna be one busy girl when all the dust settles. Really need to pre-register for my cruise but can't till I locate passport. I know I packed things away to keep out of mess. Gosh I hate to forget where you put things. I really thought my passport was in my zip bag of all things cruise. Ugh!!! But this mess has "forced" me to leave the house! And I may have picked up a couple of cute new pieces!! Have a whole month to get my act together!!

sunnydaygirl: Fingers are crossed that you find your passport quicklyicon14.gif ! Traveling isn't possible without it! It's one of those sinking feelings when you think you know where something important is kept...and it isn't there. Let us know when you find it.

Your bathroom/laundry room reno is making your house dusty now, but when it's complete, you will have an up-to-date brand new space.

Last week I sent our passports for renewal. They don't expire until October but we want to be sure the new ones are here for the November Cruise. It will be a relief when the new ones arrive (hopefully in 3-4 weeks.)

I had a date to meet DH for lunch today. Went out a little early...to stop at the Goodwill Store. Bonanza Time! 5 Cruise Worthy tops, 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of Capris AND a black and white dress suitable for Formal Night - all under $30;):).

Also found a cruise shirt for DH...but he won't get it until our pre-cruise dinner in November.:cool:

Edited by indiana71