Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I hope my mom has more on her camera that I can share sometime later. :)

Third night:

9cadc80e-0ee7-41ed-9f51-e58c646ab3e1_zpsfa45c786.jpg

Fourth night (not the best but you get the idea!):

aa57a933-847e-4217-a979-09ea6d29ce9c_zps04b0b128.jpg

Cozumel:

e4a9cc02-69bc-4af6-aa0c-c5640fa86862_zps34093bbd.jpg

Forgot this one, my dad and DD on the 1st night:

DSC01686_zps798547dc.jpg

2nd Formal night (phone shot of the professional we purchased):

6424191f-3cbf-4a5c-b5a9-d290b9dd0028_zps905649d5.jpg

Edited by arom729

Britini: Thanks for sharing your outfits! Nice:). I agree, too, about high heels.

QUESTION for all CCFs: Do you wear shoes more for comfort OR for style? Ideallly, we would all choose comfort and style. But do you ever sacrifice style for comfort or comfort for style?

I'll sacrifice comfort for style as long as I don't have to be on my feet too long. :)

Arom....

You are so sweet to come back and share all of those adorable pictures with us. Thanks so much!! Your daughter is absolutely adorable and her outfits are great. Love the purple formal night ensembles :)

I hope you all had a wonderful cruise...I am sure it's hard to believe that it's over already.

Jkudzu, I too was diagnosed with RA about 3 years ago and my closet full of gorgeous high heels had to be retired. :(. As a shoe lover it was very hard for me, and still is to walk by a gorgeous pair of wedges or strappy high heel sandals that I know I would buy in 2 or 3 colors :mad: Thank God that flats are very "in" these days, but I still find it hard to find a nice pair of formal looking shoes. Not many designers really make formal shoes with kitten heels (though I FINALLY found a pair on Zappos last week)

Arom....

You are so sweet to come back and share all of those adorable pictures with us. Thanks so much!! Your daughter is absolutely adorable and her outfits are great. Love the purple formal night ensembles :)

I hope you all had a wonderful cruise...I am sure it's hard to believe that it's over already.

arom729.....What a beautiful family.

Thank you, both! I wish I had a picture of DD on the 2nd formal night. My mom does have plenty, thank goodness, but not yet in my possession. Her dress was a white top and black bottom. Same structure as the purple one, just black & white. She looked darling. :) She even wore a bow for a little while! She gets ornery about bows, but I'm making progress in that area!

arom729.....What a beautiful family.

I agree! Wow! Ya'll look great! I love the picture of ya'll walking to dinner the first night - it show's your daughter's personality! What a cutie!! Are you going to write a trip review? I'd love to read it if you do!!

CrabbyQ: Pewter is so fashionable now and a good neutral. And navy is nice, too - shows that the LBD isn't always de rigeur.

Too bad gold is not in right now. I have gold evening shoes purchased in the 70s that sit in the closet...but since gold isn't in my color palette, I'm happy to wear silver and pewter.

arom729: Being color coordinated brings out the best in your photos! (not to mention you are a beautiful family!:)). The embarkation photo is perfect with all of you looking nautical but not over-the-top. Thank you for sharing so many photos. We look forward to more:cool:.

CELTICGIRLCRUISER: Would love to see a photo of your shoes and purses! I can only imagine all that gorgeous footwear when you open your closet.

Okay, CCFs...I must start The Packing Process, if only a tiny bit of it. This time I'm checking every item - what isn't wonderful is going to the consignment shop or a garage sale.

Yesterday I organized 3 drawers of tops: 1 drawer now contains all print tops, 1 all solid lighter color tops and the last dark color tops.

Here's a photo of all the purses in the Cruise Room...except for the red Bagalini that's more of a carry-on...and a small red Brighton, (it was in the back of a drawer). All of these have been purchased since this thread began. Before that, I didn't carry a purse at all:eek:!

Next week I'll be putting outfits together. That's the most time consuming part...and one that I love to do:cool:.

232323232%7Ffp%3B48%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B563888%3A335nu0mrj

One day I will take a picture but I fear for a walk in closet it is more of a squeeze in at the minute. I am trying to clear some of it out, but it is kind of hard to part with things but I promised the other half I would Ebay or yard sale some of it before I can't shut the door on it!!

It's embarrassing really as it is bigger than some bedrooms and it is full but there is still a shopaholic in me, and I try to fight the urge but I do find things I have stashed away and forgotten about, you know the scenarios,

Is that a new xxxxx, no dear I have had this for years;)

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

When I went on my first cruise one year ago, we handed the house keys to our realtor. When we returned, we had an offer on the house. Great, right? Except I lost my cruise closet when I sold the house.

Now here I am, 10 months in the new house and six months away from my next cruise. And... I JUST GOT A NEW CRUISE CLOSET!!!

Technically, it's in my son's room, but he's away at college and only comes home for holidays and the rare weekend. So this evening, my hubby rearranged the organizer pieces to give me fewer shelves and more hanging space for my dresses. Now I can clear my son's bed of all the purchases I've made in the last few weeks! LOL!

Indiana, I love your collection of purses! I try so hard to resist buying more, but I think I may have met my Waterloo. I bought a purse on clearance at target in January. It works perfectly for me. Now I see that they've reintroduced it in several new colors. And of course they almost all match items in my closet! Sigh... Hubby's not going to be pleased if I give in to temptation.

Li'lImp: A big YAY for your DH:)! Making a Cruise Closet out of a mostly unused bedroom is a very loving gesture!! You will be able to organize easier with a space dedicated to cruising:cool:.

And about the purses...If the new ones match almost everything in your closet - go for it (especially since you now have space to keep them;))

Armchairtravelwoman: Luggage weight and number of pieces will be an issue on Next Cruise...but my purses aren't big or heavy...probably 5 will make the cut.

Once all the outfits have been chosen, the final cut or addition can be made.

I'm ready to go and hope to have photos of me, DS's, DD and DH at the end! Ended up leaving a few things, which always makes me feel better. :)

3 purses, a backpack, beach bag, 8 pairs of shoes and too many outfits to count! Lol.

5 people - 8 bags. (But we are taking our own snorkel gear too!)

See y'all next week.

I'm ready to go and hope to have photos of me, DS's, DD and DH at the end! Ended up leaving a few things, which always makes me feel better. :)

3 purses, a backpack, beach bag, 8 pairs of shoes and too many outfits to count! Lol.

5 people - 8 bags. (But we are taking our own snorkel gear too!)

See y'all next week.

Have so much fun...you are going to LOVE Freedom of the Seas!! What a great ship!! :)

Hi guys...we have been back for a couple of weeks now, and trying to adjust to life in the "real" world again....where the heck is my cabin steward??? and where exactly is my personal waiter??? LOL!! Ah, reality.....:cool: We had a fabulous time, so will post a few photos of the outfits I took (and that you all previewed before I left)...hubby was NOT good at getting the shoes though....sigh! AND the biggest disaster of the whole trip, was that these PERFECT sandals got left behind at home somehow....:mad:

Edited by LifeIsButADream

Sorry...here are the shoes that got left behind...I was just sick...thought at first that someone had STOLEN them out of my suitcase because I found an empty shoe bag in the outer pocket of my suitcase!! But alas, when I got home...there they were....:( Luckily, right before we left I found these awesome white tall wedge sandals that worked in their place! I wore all eight pairs of shoes that I took, BTW...haha!!

232323232%7Ffp7349%3A%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D38897645%3A932%3Cnu0mrj

In St. Thomas...these pants were bought at Goodwill about five years ago for another cruise...got the top at my best friend's daughter's boutique...the purse (on my shoulder) is from Mexico and is made of candy wrappers...a woman in a shop told me I looked "very stylish"...haha!!

232323232%7Ffp73494%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D389355%3B%3B%3B%3A32%3Cnu0mrj

The "missing" shoes would have been PERFECTLY matched to these pants...:(...but instead I had to wear some silver flip-flops that had a bow with a rhinestone on them...turns out they were super comfy for walking around shopping all day!! :D