Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Lots of posts and photos while we were in Minneapolis:).

LifeIsButADream: These are exactly the kind of photos we love to see! The first one (coverup & hat) could be on a magazine cover!

I think we all try to look our best for Meet & Mingle - adding the beads was a nice touch.

The top you're wearing in St. Maarten is an example of a message that is totally appropriate: "Wish You Were Here". I love it:cool:. You could wear that on any tropical island.

Your heart pin is perfect for Valentines' Day - not at all cartoonish as some holiday attire could be, i.e., those big holiday sweaters we used to wear:eek:.

If we had to describe the perfect Caribbean shoes, it would be the pair you left behind! They are timeless and so much fun:cool:.

The candy wrapper purse is adorable, and so are the Capris!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Briitini: You found some great bargains on cruise dresses. Love them and the shoes!

...and love your screen name, too.

geocruiser: Mixing patterns can be tricky. If the colors are the same, the outfit will look like you put some time into planning. If the colors clash...then the outfit looks like random pieces were thrown together.

Try the entire outfit on and go with your gut feeling.

laurspag: Thank you for posting photos! I really like all your shoes. The outfits are completely cruise-appropriate but the shoes add an extra punch!

I didn't buy anything while we were in Minneapolis...except a pair of earrings at the MLSP airport - they're raspberry and orange. Perhaps tomorrow afternoon I can start organizing the Cruise Room:cool:. Will post photos when all items are laid out and waiting to be selected or returned to their resting place.

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement to wear my new Revlon Ocean nail polish; here's proof that it's the exact color of the water in Aruba:

ip0g12.jpg

Oh Wow! It is the same color!! Cool picture!! Did you wear it on your toes too?

I plan way ahead too. Mainly so I can purchase new items when I find them on sale. I live in So. FL so the clothes I buy for warm weather cruises are really just part of my summer wardrobe. About 3 weeks before I start hanging my cruise stuff all together so I can see my outfits. I also dont want to pack way more than needed. Done that. I usually have bottoms and tops for each night and then maybe an extra top or two for mixing it up. Dresses not included. I do pack several pairs of shoes but i am better than I used to be. I actually only bring one large suitcase. My first crusie ( Alaska) I had two. Granted jackets and socks take up room but way too much stuff. I usually cruise with my mom so I have someone to talk about cruises and clothes with. My husband just shakes his head.

WHAT????? Oh my gosh, Laurie...looking at the picture of you and your husband on here, I now recognize you!!! Incredible!! It IS such a small world!! I am posting the picture here for you to see...that is just crazy....of all the many Bernard's tours that day, what are the odds that two "fashionistas" who had talked here on CC before the cruise, would end up in the same tour bus...good to hear from you!!

232323232%7Ffp543%3B6%3Enu%3D3275%3E8%3A4%3E697%3EWSNRCG%3D389358378232%3Cnu0mrj

Thank you so much for posting this! I've had a super busy week or two at work, and it is so nice to see this picture. Boy, I wish I was back on that cruise right now! This is a great picture.

Got a bargain in the mail today! $12.94 on clearance from Sears of all places. :D In person it's black and bronze. I thought it was black and gold from the photo. It fits like a dream and makes me look pretty darn good if I do say so. ;)

I've got a pair of sandals I think will go pretty well with it. They're bronze/pewter with dark stones on them. And a black sheer pashmina?

523016950_leoparddress.jpg.db0177a747f21d05ebc5c8aa74dcf83e.jpg

Edited by jkudzu

Or should I do other colors??? Shoes, pashmina, purse etc... :confused:

I know alot of people are doing the contrasting color thing - but myself, I would wear the shoes you mentioned, and accent with black - but - I don't step out of the box much!! I love the dress by the way!

First: jkudzu: Vava VOOM! You are one put-together CCF:). I love the cut and fabric of the dress - very flattering. Keep the accessories you have chosen and you will look like a million$$$.

Winter won't let go here in western PA...so yesterday I HAD to start The Process. And today, DH is out of the house till early evening - perfect for settling into the Cruise Room for an Outfits Selection Marathon...

Here's Part 1 - Having all the jewelry, wedges and heels visible

232323232%7Ffp%3B95%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B6858384335nu0mrj

Tops are arranged in one pile for prints, another for colors. Same with shorts. The jewelry holder thing is what my DS made out of my junior high science project (that had been in the attic for years).

MakeUp bag is ready, too.

232323232%7Ffp%3B99%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B6856%3A97335nu0mrj

continued in next post...

Pictured here are the flat sandals (and in the back, the closed toe shoes that go on every cruise - in case there's an onboard tour that requires them).

The evening bags/handbags are all prints, solids are in the nightstand on the other side of the bed.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C8%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B6858385335nu0mrj

And last - The Closet: a few more pairs of shoes, Capris on top, tops and skirts on bottom; and dresses on the side.

The black dress hanging on the door is one that has been in my regular closet - from Target and never worn...maybe This Cruise...

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C6%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B6856%3A96335nu0mrj

And so now it starts - YAY!!:cool::cool:

Thank you to everyone for the nice comments and advice about the dress accessories!

You are all so sweet.

Indiana71--When I grow up, I want to be you!!! What a cruise closet!!!;)

Edited by jkudzu

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement to wear my new Revlon Ocean nail polish; here's proof that it's the exact color of the water in Aruba:

ip0g12.jpg

2v17nyo.jpg

I went on a mission to find this nail polish - is it the Revlon polish that says that it is scented? It is the only one I could find that had "Ocean" in the title?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=93431&vid=1&pid=388562032

i just got 4 pairs of these in every color... soo comfy and they look really good!!!

Briitini -

I went to Old Navy to try these on, but they didn't have them in the store - do you find that they are pretty true to size? In Old Navy, I find that their sizes are all over the place! I need to order online, and, I'm not sure what size to order! Maybe I'll order two, and take one back - Thanks for any advice you can offer -

Edited by wrcjr98

I posted dinner outfit photos on the dress thread, but here are a couple of fun casual shots from last week's Caribbean Princess cruise to Princess Cays, Aruba and Curacao. This was a fabulous "girls trip" with my Mom, Aunt, and Cousin.

Me (on left) and my cousin at the liquor factory in Curacao. These are my most comfortable - and therefore favorite - shorts from Loft and flip flops from Clarks.

537706_10151350027563861_2024520971_n.jpg

At a model of the California Lighthouse (I think?) in Aruba. The second half of our tour was a beach stop, so the shorts are Lands End swim shorts.

166696_10151350028123861_339644888_n.jpg