A Serious Martini Bar question, Really!

Renorita

There are two Martini's mentioned that I did not see on Leela's list. The Lemon Meringue, and the Flirtini? What is in the Latter and can you get them anytime or or they only offered on a special night? The list of 35 is moving up, oh my! :)

The Flirtini is definitely on my list (Van Gogh Flirtini).

As for the likes of the Dirty Mop and the Lemon Merengue, I bet they were thought up by the talented mixmaster on board in charge of the Martini Bar. You can always ask! In fact, the bartender might be tickled if you asked them what their personal specialty was.

More than half my onboard charges last year were from the Martini Bar! I got addicted to Apple Martinis after having a free sample at a cooking demo on the second day of the cruise. We were there before and after dinner every night!

-Julia

Renorita, you can order a Martini anytime you want at any bar you want:D

They will even make you one at the pool, but they can't serve it in GLASS. It really doesn't taste the same in plastic:eek:

Hey, how come with all this talk about the Martini Bar no one has ever mentioned the second best thing about the Martini Bar--the BREADSTICKS! Nothing in the world goes with an X martini like and X breadstick.

I have tried to duplicate so many of my vacation experiences in the kitchen over the years but I have never even tried to do martinis at home because I could never duplicate the X experience, the X taste, Randy on the Infinity doing the shaking and the breadsticks.

Doesn't that just make you want to leave today?

Martini tasting on the Summit was held the first day of sailing...7-8:00 pm for $5.00. It was on my list of things to try this time, but we were on the early seating we definitely missed out on it. I figured it would be offered later in cruise to accomodate the early diners but no luck!

At any rate...we hit the Martini Bar pre-dinner and checked it out. The melon martini (& breadsticks) were very yummy!!

I don't recall breadsticks when I was on Century last year -- but after a martini I don't expect to recall much anyway!! :) It's very possible that mom just waved the bread away without me ever noticing....

Could be that's why we missed the Martini tasting on the Summit. I do hope they changed the times like the ones previously posted for the Constellation. 5:30 to 8:30 sounds much more reasonable. I'll keep my fingers crossed for our April 11 cruise. At this point, I will leave dinner early if I have to not to miss it.:eek: Mary

Hey, how come with all this talk about the Martini Bar no one has ever mentioned the second best thing about the Martini Bar--the BREADSTICKS! Nothing in the world goes with an X martini like and X breadstick.

/QUOTE]

I've mentioned them several times, but maybe on other posts. They are delicious, and you can also opt for a bowl of mixed nuts, or a bowl of Asian mix, which includes wasabi peas. My routine on Celebrity is to have late seating, but go to the Martini Bar at 5:00 or 5:30 for a delicious classic martini with Van Gogh gin, Noilly Prat vermouth, an olive or lemon twist, the breadsticks, and then shortly after six go to the Sushi Bar, and then return to the Martini Bar at 7:00 or so for another martini before going down to get ready for dinner. The timing is perfect, because by then my wife is usually finished with the shower and has started the lengthy "which outfit should I wear?/ does this make my butt look big?"/ and make-up routine.

Allen

The Flirtini is definitely on my list (Van Gogh Flirtini).

As for the likes of the Dirty Mop and the Lemon Merengue, I bet they were thought up by the talented mixmaster on board in charge of the Martini Bar. You can always ask! In fact, the bartender might be tickled if you asked them what their personal specialty was.

Leela, you are right! I was looking for Flirtini and missed the Van Gogh part! :)

Lois: No martini if its not in a Martini glass. It just wouldn't be right! :eek: Not plastic either. Has to be glass! The only exception we make is when we take our R.V. out. We have two neat Metal ones that keep the Gin very cold and they of course are unbreakable.

Drkoob and Allen: Will try the Breadsticks? What makes them so special??? Allen, that is so funny regarding your wife getting ready for dinner. :D

Drkoob and Allen: Will try the Breadsticks? What makes them so special??? Allen, that is so funny regarding your wife getting ready for dinner. :D

The breadsticks are very tasty and they are very crisp. Every now and then, you'll get a stick or two that may be a little stale or not quite as crisp. Just ignore those little heathens and go for the next one. They also make them with a couple of different seasonings. And at dinner, it's very tasty to take a breadstick and just dab a little butter on the end of it and repeat the process until the breadstick and the butter are gone. Very low-cal. :D

As for my wife's dressing routine, it's humorous, but so true, and Lord help anyone who interferes with it! (Or anyone who says, "Yes, it DOES make your butt look fat.")

Allen

Archived