Carnival pin

derf5585

Does anyone remember when they started giving out the pins? I don't remember getting one on the Destiny or the Victory. Would be nice to have though is someone has extras.

Here is a little history on the Past Guest Pins from 1994 to 2010. And the Platinum Pin (same, just different name)early 2010 to date.

In late 2009 Carnival stopped issuing "Past Guest Pins" and started giving the pins to their VIP/Platinum members ONLY( 10 cruises or suite status) - Thus reducing the supply by about 85 - 90 %. This huge reduction in numbers given away should eventually greatly affect the number of VIP pins available on the secondary market.

When Carnival purchased Princess in 1994, Princess had a Captain’s Circle program which provided benefits for repeat customers. Carnival then formed their past guest program for repeat customers (2 to 9 cruises) and a Concierge/Platinum or VIP designation for those who had completed 10 or more cruises. Unlike Princess who used one pin design fleet wide for the different levels obtained, Carnival decided to have a pin design with their distinctive “whale tail” with each ship having its own named pin, and the different levels all receiving the same pin. This would be given out to all past guest with an invitation to a “Past Guest Party”. This basic design was unchanged from the inception in 1994 until 2000, when, “2000” was added in the red funnel area. This was also the design in “2001” when the pins were also dated. In 2002 and all years since then the pins have reverted to the original design without a date. Although only 8 or 9 years old the dated pins are very elusive and desirable today.

There were no further basic changes in the pins until 2007 when Carnival started refitting and changing the name of the Fantasy Class ships to include the prefix “Carnival”. The ships refitted and renamed in 2007 were: Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Elation, and the Carnival Paradise. In 2008 Carnival refitted & renamed : Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Fascination. In early 2009 Carnival, after a dry dock of the Holiday, renamed it the Carnival Holiday and issued “past guest pins” with the new name.

Carnival stopped issuing pins to “past guest” in late 2009/2010, and now limit the free pins to the Concierge/Platinum or VIP Members only.

The new pins for sale in the gift shops are entirely different.

• 5 months later...
Here is a little history on the Past Guest Pins from 1994 to 2010. And the Platinum Pin (same, just different name)early 2010 to date.

In late 2009 Carnival stopped issuing "Past Guest Pins" and started giving the pins to their VIP/Platinum members ONLY( 10 cruises or suite status) - Thus reducing the supply by about 85 - 90 %. This huge reduction in numbers given away should eventually greatly affect the number of VIP pins available on the secondary market.

When Carnival purchased Princess in 1994, Princess had a Captain’s Circle program which provided benefits for repeat customers. Carnival then formed their past guest program for repeat customers (2 to 9 cruises) and a Concierge/Platinum or VIP designation for those who had completed 10 or more cruises. Unlike Princess who used one pin design fleet wide for the different levels obtained, Carnival decided to have a pin design with their distinctive “whale tail” with each ship having its own named pin, and the different levels all receiving the same pin. This would be given out to all past guest with an invitation to a “Past Guest Party”. This basic design was unchanged from the inception in 1994 until 2000, when, “2000” was added in the red funnel area. This was also the design in “2001” when the pins were also dated. In 2002 and all years since then the pins have reverted to the original design without a date. Although only 8 or 9 years old the dated pins are very elusive and desirable today.

There were no further basic changes in the pins until 2007 when Carnival started refitting and changing the name of the Fantasy Class ships to include the prefix “Carnival”. The ships refitted and renamed in 2007 were: Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Elation, and the Carnival Paradise. In 2008 Carnival refitted & renamed : Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Fascination. In early 2009 Carnival, after a dry dock of the Holiday, renamed it the Carnival Holiday and issued “past guest pins” with the new name.

Carnival stopped issuing pins to “past guest” in late 2009/2010, and now limit the free pins to the Concierge/Platinum or VIP Members only.

The new pins for sale in the gift shops are entirely different.

Hi again Joe

I think that this is so crazy about these pins. I have been sailing since 1979 and I never received any pins till 2008 for the Elation 5 day, and when I went on the Splendor as a VIP last August.

Looks like I will keep my search going, down to needing two. I think I will need to book the Sensation, just to get the pin LOL I don't ever think I will find a Fesitvale pin. I have a charm for that one, it's better than nothing. Do you have a photo of the Festivale pin? What it looks like?

I did e-mail Carnival the other day. They are no longer mailing out pins. Two weeks ago there was a post, and they received the pins that they asked for. I guess I could email again, see if I get a different answer.

They do sell them in the gift shop on board ship. They are NOT the ones they give out with the invitations, they are a little bit larger. Usually have them located by the register.

Our Dream cruise last month they didn't have any in the gift shop and we asked, no go BUT we went to guest services and asked and got one there.

Are you kidding me? I have never gotten a pin from Carnival..sailed the Miracle 2x and most recently the Glory...NO PIN :(

That is because in 2009 they stopped giving them out unless you were a Platinum cruiser. (10 or more Carnival cruises)

Dave

That is because in 2009 they stopped giving them out unless you were a Platinum cruiser. (10 or more Carnival cruises)

Dave

Actually not true we are not platinum we went to guest services asked for one and they gave it to us. This was on the Dream last month.

Actually not true we are not platinum we went to guest services asked for one and they gave it to us. This was on the Dream last month.

You lucked up. You should have been asked for your S&S card to prove that you are Platinum.

Dave

Only "past guests" are entitled to the pins, given in conjuction with the Past Guest Party. If the Conquest was your first Carnival cruise, you don't get one.

Only Platinum past guest get pins now. They stopped giving them to all past guest about a year ago. You can buy them on the ship for about $5.00. Lynda

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

No, I don't even wear them on the ship after I get them....

I keep one from every ship that I've been on and put it on a lanyard, duplicates are usually given to some little kid while I'm on the ship (with the parents permision of course). I usually look for someone with a blue card.........

I also give away all of my duplicate Platinum gifts.........

Looking for an Ecstasy pin - any kind hearted cruiser have one?

pbradfor at cox dot net

Penny, I'm sure I've got several spare.......email me your address again and I'll get one in the mail to you.......any other's you need..........

Archived