The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

My wife and I were in the hot tub. It was packed. I am in between her and an older gentleman. I could tell the two guys to my left turned around to look at something or get out I figured, but all of a sudden my wife starts smiling and then giggling. I look to my left and have forever regretted it.

I turn to left and all I see is red package. Buddy has his right leg up on the edge of the tub and his other leg still on the seat in the tub. And he is positioned himself looking at something over my head. I was turning red as there was only mere millimeters of spandex betweeen my face and his OB's. Even turning away it was only inches. Now a few more people are laughing in the tub and I finally had to say "Seriously?!?" He shrugged and got out of the tub.

My wife and I were in the hot tub. It was packed. I am in between her and an older gentleman. I could tell the two guys to my left turned around to look at something or get out I figured, but all of a sudden my wife starts smiling and then giggling. I look to my left and have forever regretted it.

I turn to left and all I see is red package. Buddy has his right leg up on the edge of the tub and his other leg still on the seat in the tub. And he is positioned himself looking at something over my head. I was turning red as there was only mere millimeters of spandex betweeen my face and his OB's. Even turning away it was only inches. Now a few more people are laughing in the tub and I finally had to say "Seriously?!?" He shrugged and got out of the tub.

Some things are better never pictured

On our last cruise DW was drinking up a storm but each drink was different. I kept telling her not to mix but the drinks were free so everytime a server would come by with a different drink she'd try one. Right afterwards we went to the nightly show. About halfway through the show she says she isn't feeling well and we have to go NOW. In my infinite wisdom I suggest some fresh sea air might help so we took a short walk to the front of the ship. I forget what deck we were on but she couldn't hold on any longer and runs to the railing and hurls. Followed by the shouts and curses of several very very unhappy folks on the deck below. :eek:

My most shocking experience was in the aft pool hot tubs on the Splendor. There was a couple that was making out well I guess that wasn't enough for them and they proceeded to......well let's just say "get it on" right there in the hot tub.:eek: I wish I could tell you it was just a hot tub remake of the "When Harry Met Sally" "O" sceen but when the noises and movements started I was out of that hot tub as fast as I could move. By the time I found a Carnival employee they were gone. It moments like this that, as hard as you might try, never leave your brain.

This is a great reminder never to use the hot tubs. Ewwww!

I forget what deck we were on but she couldn't hold on any longer and runs to the railing and hurls. Followed by the shouts and curses of several very very unhappy folks on the deck below. :eek:

OMG! I don't know whether to laugh - or cry for the poor folks down below!

Ok so here's 3 that stick out in my mind.

1. One night in the piano bar on the Glory there was a lady (by herself) in her early 50's. She seemed to have turrets as she kept blurting out bits and pieces of words like "popcorn" "airplane" etc etc...when the piano player started playing "American Pie" she started dancing...these college guys started cheering her on and then she stripped down to her bra and panties and started dancing in circles around the piano waving her hands in the air!!!! and yes!!! I have it on video!!!!! it was very disturbing! LOL

2. Also on the Glory (different cruise), I was in line for food on the Lido (lunch) and a few people in front of me were 3 very large women..now on this day they had fried chicken..ok...so the 3 ladies lifted the ENTIRE tray of chicken out of the buffet and took it to a table by the pool and proceeded to eat all of it!!!!!!!!!! I was in disbelief!!!

3. One night in the MDR on the Valor I had some interesting tablemates..The boyfriend was drunk and had a nice mullet too btw....he went to the rest room and his GF ordered for him....so when the food arrived he kept complaining that something was wrong with the chicken and that it didn't taste right....That's when the waiter informed him that it was "Duck"!!!! I died laughing there on the spot!!!!!

hope yall enjoyed!

#2 Too funny!

No kidding! On the Triumph a couple years ago.....quite ignorant couple dipping their toddler in the hot tub after messing his diaper!!!! WTH!

Seriously??????????????? O.M.G.

Really - OMG. I cannot imagine being THAT ignorant and/or self important and self centered! Holy moly...

Going up the gangway in Long Beach to board the Splendor, the teenage girl in front of me yells "Look at the submarines!Look at the submarines!" My reply, "Those had better never become submarines, those are our lifeboats!":eek::D

Wow, I am the most boring cruiser - I don't have private piercings, I don't take trays of food, my behind is covered (for good reasons) no tattoos and don't upchuck on DH. I wonder why they let me board the ship:D

We need sane people like you can observe all the other "shocking moments" and report back to CC ;):D

I share my moment with most of the Saints and Sinners group which was on the Destiny B2B a couple of years ago. We were on the Lido Deck and saw a 6' 5" tranvestite in a stars and stripes bikini coming down the spiral stairs adjusting his "package". That visual is burned in our retinas forever. :eek:

Thanks Allen!!! Now I have that image stuck in my mind again!! It was funny though! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I posted about the lady sniffing from the buffet on the Glory a few pages back, but we had another "shocking" moment on the Dream, too. The new show on the Dream is awesome and evidently the word got around because two guys got into a fistfight during the early showing up in the balcony. Someone tried to sit in one of their "saved" seats and it ended in blows. They let them go, but when they got out into the hallway they went at it again and ended up locked up! Never heard if they were kicked off the ship, but it was shocking to see two grown men fighting over seats to a theater show. lol Something about that just seems like it would only happen on a cruise, ya know?! Can't see those same grown men going to blows over theater seats anywhere else... :rolleyes:

The funny part was that we couldn't get seats during the first showtime, either, so we had to return for the later seating. No big deal, right? Almost half the theater was available during the later seating. If they'd just returned they could have gotten much better seating without fighting!!

This was January of '10.

Mine was January 2009 on HAL Maasdam... copied from my CC review...

I was standing at the taco bar, with a woman at my left. Her daughter (maybe 5-6 years old) was across the bar. The girl grabbed a taco shell with her hands, smelled/licked it (!!!) and put it back on the bar. The woman saw the whole thing and said nothing. (!!!) I said to her, "maybe you didn't see this, but your daughter just picked up that shell and put it back". She said "oh" and turned around and walked away. (!!!) Did NOTHING about the taco shell and said NOTHING to her daughter. (!!!) I was flabbergasted. Another lady walked up, took the shell and disposed of it and we commiserated about the behavior of the mother. Unbelievable.

I posted about the lady sniffing from the buffet on the Glory a few pages back, but we had another "shocking" moment on the Dream, too. The new show on the Dream is awesome and evidently the word got around because two guys got into a fistfight during the early showing up in the balcony. Someone tried to sit in one of their "saved" seats and it ended in blows. They let them go, but when they got out into the hallway they went at it again and ended up locked up! Never heard if they were kicked off the ship, but it was shocking to see two grown men fighting over seats to a theater show. lol Something about that just seems like it would only happen on a cruise, ya know?! Can't see those same grown men going to blows over theater seats anywhere else... :rolleyes:

The funny part was that we couldn't get seats during the first showtime, either, so we had to return for the later seating. No big deal, right? Almost half the theater was available during the later seating. If they'd just returned they could have gotten much better seating without fighting!!

This was January of '10.

In October of 2008 our Saints and Sinners group was on the B2B Fantasy and we were having our group cocktail party in one of the lounges. For some reason, another group was sharing the other half of the lounge for a party of their own and they wound up with three or four fist fights going on and people in their group screaming and cussing at each other. We couldn't leave the lounge without going through their group. We were just about to crash through one of those "Staff Only" doors in the back of the lounge, but then they finally got the fights under control. It was pretty scary.

Back in 2007, we were on the Glory, and every afternoon around 1:00PM, they closed and drained one of the pools and the crew spent the rest of the afternoon scrubbing the walls with bleach. Don't know what was happening to cause the closure, but I'll bet it was the same person doing the same thing everyday.

Makes me think long and hard about using ANY of the pools, and other comments in this thread are making me leery of the hot tubs, also! Think I'll save my swimming for the open ocean at ports-of-call... more room to actually SWIM, anyway!

#1 sea urchin spines stuck in the bottom of my foot. ( and if one more peron says "why weren't you wearing water shoes? I am going to lose it! :) )

#2 *warning content may be disturbing* well, maybe not after reading some of these other stories. Feb 2011 We were on the beach on St Martin, the one near the cruise port right across from all the shops, getting close to when we needed to be back on the ship so the beach was almost empty. I saw a kid about 10 bent over funny, being a mom, I wondered if he was hurt or sick, he saw me looking at him, straighted up and then keep watching me until we passed him. 30 seconds later I turned around to see him bent over again 'emptying the dump truck' right on the beach right in the sand.

#3 after reading these, one bad sight you won't see is me in a pool or hot tub!!!

3. A newlywed couple, after bringing their luggage into their cabin, stormed down to the desk. The bride was in tears, and the groom was red faced. When asked what the problem was, the groom started swearing at the desk clerk. "We booked a cabin with a view for our honeymoon, and all we get to see out the window is a parking lot!"

It's too bad they got the side of the ship where the crew parks their cars so they can leave every day at the end of their 8 hour shift.:p

This was January of '10.

I've never been to a Carnival show worth fighting over....at all ;)