28 Day Sapphire South Pacific fashion questions and other girly stuff

SissyG

Liz, let us know how you like Chicos. This thread may get all of us in a lot of trouble! LOL!!! I had not thought about the heat and humidity in the South Pacific. Of course, I live in the South were we have lots of heat and humidity so perhaps I will not notice it as much.

Zobrina, go to http://www.landsend.com Select women's shoes and "water shoes" are one of the options. Three choices are available. I like the look of the sandals. They remind me of Tevas. To those who have ordered these, which style did you choose?

Great idea about the Crystal Light tubes to add to bottles water. I drink Crystal Light peach mango green tea all day long, all year round. I never thought about buying the ones to add to bottled water for cruising. I have a problem with swelling during cruises. I got a prescription from my doctor for low dose Lasix tablets that I take along in case I have a problem with squeezing into some shoes, but, of course can only take a dose on a sea day.

Thanks to to everyone who posts links to sites you like to order from. That's very helpful.

Mary Lou

2x a day,for me, makes for pit stops into the dinner hour a bummer!

Water shoes from Lands End - which ones?? I know I saw this on our roll call but now I can't find it.

I have a pair of their slip on water shoes.....very comfortable. I wore them when we went ditch tubing in Hawaii and they were perfect for that. I have 2 pair of the mary janes....sort of the same style but each are a little different. The first time I wore one pair, I had a slight rubbing on my little toe.......I tried them again yesterday and it didn't seem to be much of a problem anymore. Haven't worn the other pair yet. I do like the look of the water shoe sandal....hmmmm, maybe a trip to Sears :D

Andi

Imacruizer, I live in NE Oklahoma and we get horrible humidity here during the summer but it doesn't compare to the humidity I have experienced in Samoa and the Tahitian islands. I find that you perspire so much that bathroom runs are not nearly as frequent as at home and I also take a diuretic. It is also disastrous to your hairstyle.

Today looks like it is going to be a good one...notices that 2 packages will be arriving in mail and UPS...woo hoo.

Liz, can't believe you didn't know about Chico's, I always thought that when you turn 50 you start getting the AARP magazine and Chico's catalogs automatically.

Liz, can't believe you didn't know about Chico's, I always thought that when you turn 50 you start getting the AARP magazine and Chico's catalogs automatically.

Liz doesn't know about Chico's cause she hasn't hit 50 yet ....right, Liz? :p

Andi

It took me 30 minutes to stop laughing! I think I didn't know about Chicos because I really stopped buying new clothes a few years before I retired since I really didn't need anything new for work and I have soooo many things that are still not worn out. OK - they are out of style but I don't really care. The only clothes I have purchased in the last 5 years pretty much is new shorts to replace the ones that were looking ratty from the prior year, t-tops for summer wear, and mock turtlenects and sweat shirts for cold weather. And 4 or 5 swim suits. I wear out a lot of swimsuits. I have a good stock right now.

PS - I do get the AARP mag - just re-upped for another 5 years. But I don't recall a Chico's catalog. I usually throw the catalogs away without looking because they are tempting.

I just remembered that I need a couple of pairs of navy blue shorts this summer.

Ha, I think I learned about Chico's way before 50, but can't remember exactly. My friend used to work at one which might be the only reason I ever went in, lol.

Okay, suitcase problem solved. I was in Bed Bath & Beyond today and they had a no-name brand in kind of a cross between lime and kelly green--maybe some might call it spring green, lol. Best yet it has those wheels that go in all directions, so it is really easy to roll. I expect it will not last long--it was really inexpensive compared to some I've been looking at, and I've never heard of "TLC", but as long as it lasts through the cruise I'll be happy. It was inexpensive enough that I won't regret it if it doesn't hold up. I bought a 28" and a smaller carry on. The pink suitcase I have is 25", so that should be plenty.

Maybe.

Unless I decide to buy another of the lime green in 28". :D

I didn't see any small portable fan/misters at BB&B or at Target today, but I've seen them around, just have to remember where.

I was being facetious about starting to get Chico's catalogs automatically sent to you when you reach 50....just my feeble attempt at a little older and wiser humour.

Ok, the cute black Vneck tank with the little ruffle around the V and the black essential cardigan arrived and they are so far off in color match there is no way I could wear them together. The tank is deep jet black and the cardi is a brownish lighter shade of black...I mean, come on what are they thinking...black should be black..the color choices for both items only said BLACK. is it too much to expect a company that has a jillion styles of T's and maybe 6 color choices that they have the same dye colors...so now I have to return them which is something I hate doing...Not sure if I want to reorder, I do love the Vneck top but would need a cardi to go with and not sure they have one in the same shade of black. I did email Fresh Produce and explained the problem and asked they contact me early next week before I returned the items so we could discuss my options.

That really bugs me and I am picky about it for me and wonder why others would wear tops and bottoms that are not the same color black...but I know that some people are not as OC about things as I am so to each his own.

That is so frustrating. I hate buying black items, even of the same brand, in more than one store, or perhaps in the same store but different manufacturers, only to find out, black is not "black". How can there be so many shades!

Consequently, I don't wear a black top with black pants unless they were bought in the same store as a set from the same maker. Even then I take them to where there is a very bright light and verify that they are the same shade before I will buy them.

Don't you just hate that when black doesn't match black !!!:mad:

Andi

I ignore whenever I can stand too. It is nearly impossible to get them the same in all lighting situations unless they are die lotted the same. Close is enough for me. Ditto for navy.

Sissy - You mentioned going into liquor stores. What have you been allowed to bring back onboard? As both you and I are celiacs I only drink potato vodka or white zin. I am hoping that Princess because I haven't traveled with them since 2005 will have either Chopin or Vikingfords vodka. I do like my Cape Codders. I do like wine but not all the time, more of a dinner thing. Marcia

Mary Lou, I just realized that you may be leaving for your cruise on the Emerald tomorrow. If not tomorrow, I think it is soon! Bon Voyage, my friend. Is Nancy going with you?

Beth, The Emerald cruise begins on Friday, the 18th. I'm leaving for FLL on Thursday, and really need to get busy with packing and getting my act together.

Nancy was going too, but had to cancel the other day :(. So I am doing my first solo cruise .... well not totally solo, as there are other cruise friends from a couple of past cruises are going to be on it too.

Mary Lou

Marcia, we seem to run out of champagne on a regular basis, so always need to find a liquor store to restock. We usually bring aboard a case when we start a cruise and then add when needed. Have never had a problem bringing it aboard but a friend of ours just emailed me and said that after telling their friend it was ok to bring wine aboard it was confiscated upon boarding and kept until after the cruise, I'm not sure which Princess ship this was though.

Beth, The Emerald cruise begins on Friday, the 18th. I'm leaving for FLL on Thursday, and really need to get busy with packing and getting my act together.

Nancy was going too, but had to cancel the other day :(. So I am doing my first solo cruise .... well not totally solo, as there are other cruise friends from a couple of past cruises are going to be on it too.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou, I think you will really enjoy the Emerald. So sorry to hear that Nancy had to cancel. You will really miss her, but you will have a great time with your other friends. Bon Voyage!!! Get busy packing!

Went to Sear's this morning to try on the Land's End water sandals...I wanted to order them online but first needed to make sure of the size. Sear's didn't have any of the sandals so I crossed my fingers and just ordered my normal size in the bright blue. Had a 25% off + free shipping private sale offer so feel that I got a good deal. After that, I went digging into my closet and found a pair of navy Easy Spirit sandals that have been in there for at least two years and I've never worn them :o. I tend to find a pair of shoes/clogs/sandals that I really like and then that's all I wear, forgetting about everything else in the closet...lately, all I've been wearing are my good old pink Crocs, black flip flops or blue Birkenstocks!!!

Andi

Jam's World is having a 25% off sale so I couldn't resist and ordered the top I resisted before...I love the Waterlilies and Koi design and got it in the jetsetter style. I love the feel of their fabric it is the softest rayon I have ever felt and think this top will be super comfortable, DH thinks it's too busy, but I love the colors and style. Sissy

I'm with you, Marcia. I love Birkis, even though some think they are unattractive and "clunky .... at least that's what my daughters say. But I think they are the most comfortable footwear there is. I got hooked on them as work shoes for those long 13 hour days on my feet as a nurse. I have several pairs, but if I were to bring a pair for the cruise, I would have to invest in a new pair, because all of mine have been well used.

MY luggage is taupe and I bought it because I thought it was a little different, easy to locate on the carousel and because I thought it would never look dirty....WRONG, the airlines seem to manage to get black hard to remove gunk on it everytime we travel...Last time it also got wet sitting outside at DFW on our way home...so going to try to use some foam upholstery cleaner on it to try to get it looking ok...unless someone has a better idea. I use Febreeze on the inside to freshen them when we take then down from our attic before a trip and it works great.

All my luggage doesn't match...I had to buy a black one too...Robert has navy blue, his always looks great..doesn't show dirt. Both ours are Costco, have lasted for years and still don't show any wear.

I put dryer sheets in my luggage when I store them. When I travel I put a fresh dryer sheet in the luggage. Keeps them smelling nice.;)

Archived