St Thomas Skyride

wwbill4

We did it last year and it was nice. Very scenic. We did it after Sunny's tour though, so it was late, probably after 3pm, and we felt like we had to rush through it. I would love to go back and see the bird show. I also didn't get to try their famous Bushwacker :D There are some souvenir shops and a bar/restaurant, that's about it. The best part is the aerial view of St. Thomas while in the cable car itself, I literally fell in love. You can see the ship and you get to peek at people home's up on the hill as well, one had a great pool and I just fantasized for a minute that I lived there :) The ride isn't scary or anything, but it's definitely two ppl at a time in there. When you get off there's a mural you can take pics in front of. Their website was working last year but I just checked it and it isn't.

There is a bar and a small restaurant and some shops up there. We did it last year and it was ok. Nice view of the harbor and our ship but for $42 just for the ride, I am not sure it was worth it to me. That is $42 for two of us.

I found it worth it for the view alone, but I know what you mean. If I go back, I'd go earlier in the day to make sure I get some sort of show out of it, and hang out at the bar. We were literally in and out last year.

It is fairly expensive especially if you eat and drink there too. (and the bushwacker is yummy) but the view is amazing. If you go, take your time up there. there is a little trail you can walk on if I remember correctly

I did not think the St. Thomas skyride was worth the money. The view was nice, but not for the money. I enjoyed hiking around, but wish I had thought to wear better shoes- it was a lot of effort, and not all the paths had actual stairs.

We went very early, so there was no wait. As we descended we saw that there was a huge wrapping line. It definetly would not have been worth that wait.

• 6 months later...

Yes, I was there in August with my wife and children. We were told that they are under new ownership and that the new owners have not maintained the previous status - it showed!!! Upon arrival, the people loading us on the tram were rude, my wife noticed rust on the tram towers - not something we have seen in the many well-maintained ski resorts we have visited, the food and drinks were outrageously priced, and the tram cars were not well ventilated and like ovens - unsafe for my children and I would never allow my elderly relatives in these heat boxes. When we got to the top, the nature trail had rotten floor boards and many of the animals in the zoo had no water. Several of the menu items were unavailable and the ferris wheel (that got stuck) looked like it was out of the 1950s. No one I know will ever get a recommendation to go there. The view at Mountain Top on the west end was higher and cheaper. If you don't want to go there, shop in town and save yourself aggrevation. We are not difficult to please, but this place was THAT BAD!!!

... my wife noticed rust on the tram towers - not something we have seen in the many well-maintained ski resorts we have visited...

Tom: I'm not sure why the rant about Paradise Point, but to this one complaint... because of salt in the air, metal takes a hit everywhere in the Caribbean. Not too much salt in the air in any ski resorts.;)

Archived