Passion Island Twister or Catamaran ??

Jakeplays

We went to Passion Island in January on the Catamaran. They picked us up at the pier and took us to the Island. It probably took between 30 and 40 minutes. It was a pleasant ride. I know I couldn't have done the Twister.

We really enjoyed Passion Island. I thought it was worth the money. Very beautiful beach and great buffet lunch and unlimited beer, cocktails or soda.

Thanks so much.......still deciding between Passion Island and Nacho Cocum which would be a 10 min cab ride over to a similar beach...what did you do at Costa Maya? Hope you had a cread trip..........any highs or lows or things worth me knowing..only our 2nd cruise, first on Carnival.

Hi Going in April.......want to do Passion Island but not sure how to get there.....how crazy is Twister? How long by Catamaran/taxi other options.....all advice welcomed and really appreciated!!! thanks so much

My daughter (she was 15 then) and I did Passion Island by Twister. It was an absolute blast. Fast, fun and very wet. We highly recommend it.

Thanks so much.......still deciding between Passion Island and Nacho Cocum which would be a 10 min cab ride over to a similar beach...what did you do at Costa Maya? Hope you had a cread trip..........any highs or lows or things worth me knowing..only our 2nd cruise, first on Carnival.

Honestly Nachi hands down to passion island, simply due to travel time, the drinks selection, and freshly prepared food vs buffet, draft beer and a few chosen iced cocktails. Costa maya honestly I would stay on the ship and enjoy, the prices of drinks at the pier and food prices are similar to the ships drink prices. They only nice thing is the huge pool in the pier area, which after having a couple drinks (we sat at the pub) and seeing people drink and never get out I wouldnt ever go in no mater the amount of clorine. :eek:

Do like us, Maya Chan AND passion Island! heard nothing but good reviews for both!

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the Twister, took it last week. The water however was colder than I ever remember in the Caribbean and it was not as clear either. This may have been the weather. It was a beautiful day but we heard that Stingray City in Grand Cayman was closed on that particular day because it was too rough. The island and the food was really good though. It is a great excursion.

To the poster that inquired about the time that it took, it was about 25 minutes of speed and then 10 minutes of spins.

Yes you are strapped in.

This is not my video, but it is the boat I was on. We were there during September and the waves made the ride there very bumpy. My wife and I were on the younger side so they stuck us in the back. ;)

Archived