Need Guidance Not A Carnival Fan

Patgo

I Will Be Up Front And Say That I Am Not A Carnival Fan. I Like Royal Better.

However, We Are Planning A Family Cruise With Young People 22, 21, 20, And 18 For Next June. Because Of Price On Carnival We Are Thinking Of Trying It Again.

We Have Been On The Destiny When It Was New And Did Not Care For It.

I Know Carnival Has Several New Ships Since Then And Maybe Some Not Quite So Glitzy. I Am Looking For Honest Info On What Ship Or Ships You Might Think We Would Like. We Will Be Needing Four Cabins. Price Is A High Priority. We Live In Boston So We Could Sail From New York And Avoid Air Fare.

Any And All Info Would Be Great. Thanks

I believe the Legend still sails from New York during the warmer months. We have been on her twice and loved it. Other than the main lobby, she isn't as glitzy as the Destiny, and even with that, there isn't all the neon you find on some of the older Carnival ships. IMO you would like her alot. Hope this helps!

tHANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS. YES I HAVE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE CHEAPER TO FLY TO FLORIDA BECAUSE IT IS HIGHER OUT OF NY.

THIS IS IN THE INVESTIGATIVE STAGES WE ARE CONSIDERING ALL SHIPS RIGHT NOW.

I KNEW I WOULD GET HONEST AND QUICK ANSWERS HERE ON THE BOARDS.

WE HAVE CRUISED MANY TIMES AND PREFER RCI. WENT ON NOS LAST NOVEMBER AND IT WAS THE BEST BY FAR.

I WILL CHECK OUT ALL OF YOUR IDEAS AND TRULY APPRECIATE ALL INPUT.

PAT

I am a big RCCL fan myself. I am trying Carnival again after not sailing with them for a while. Carnivals price were better for an 8 day than rccls prices were for a 7 day. Plus we would have to fly down to Miami, we live in NJ. We are sailing out of NY in May, and we are taking a Limo. I will let you know if RCCL is still my favorite, or if Carnival won me over again! I liked Carnival then, I didn't have a bad experience. I think I will be a fan of both. Each has their good points.

Patgo - First, glad you popped into the Carnival board. Glad to see you're cruising with an open mind. Too many folks just don't give Carnival a chance. I see you did once, but I'm hoping this next cruise will be a better experience for you.:)

Now - I'm just being curious, so don't take offense. Why do you capitalize the first letter of each word? It's kinda hard to read, and doesn't it take a lot of extra time?:D Also, PLEASE don't type in all caps - in computer-talk, that's considered shouting.

Patgo - First, glad you popped into the Carnival board. Glad to see you're cruising with an open mind. Too many folks just don't give Carnival a chance. I see you did once, but I'm hoping this next cruise will be a better experience for you.

Cotton - You are always the diplomat. I like that in a person.

Stick with a Spirit-class ship (SPIRIT, PRIDE, LEGEND, MIRACLE?). Recent poll among Carnival cruisers named this class the best of Carnival. As others have said, the LEGEND out of NYC going to the Southern Caribbean should be a blast. I cruised the LEGEND last Fall out of NY, got a great last minute solo price (probably because of all the hurricanes at that time). Had a great cruise.

Beautiful ship (not as glitzy as typical Carnival) and a great itinerary. This way you'd save airfare and travel time (the cruise is an 8-dayer).

Hope you find Carnival to your liking. Have a great cruise.:)

Cotton.

I don't know why the first letter of every word was capitalized. I didn't do that. Strange huh.

As for all the caps. The cap lock was on and I just typed. I know about the shout thing. Wasn't thinking of shouting just typing.

I want to thank everyone for their info about Carnival. I went out today and picked up a Carnival brochure and I am looking through it.

It is always fun to dream.

Glad you are giving Carnival another try. We had a bad experience the first time we cruised on Carnival. After 3 years we decided to give Carnival another try and booked a week on the Pride. We are so glad we did as we had a great time! Hope your next cruise with Carnival is as good as our was!

Cotton.

I don't know why the first letter of every word was capitalized. I didn't do that. Strange huh.

As for all the caps. The cap lock was on and I just typed. I know about the shout thing. Wasn't thinking of shouting just typing.

I want to thank everyone for their info about Carnival. I went out today and picked up a Carnival brochure and I am looking through it.

It is always fun to dream.

I think if you type in all caps sometimes the boards try to correct this and it makes the letter of every capitalized instead of all caps. I read this on another thread a couple of weeks ago.:)

Glad you are giving Carnival a chance. We tried RCI a few months ago and had a great time...but I found some things on CCL to be better. Not major things or something that would never make me want to sail RCI again. Variety is great:p

Hi all! We had a bad experience on the Jubilee, Mexican Riviera a number of years ago, however we are also going to try again. After hearing all the good things about CCarnival, I am looking forward to our trip on the new Liberty..next Christmas/New Years. We are elite members on Celebrity and RCCL. We have done over 20 sailings on Princess too. I have heard that Princess has changed over the last few years...we haven't been in over 3 years...for the worst. I ALWAYS have a good time. The Jubilee was a little run down, but we still had a great time..with friends and family. I am hoping to have a wonderful experience this coming holiday time! Cost was great, and 8 days instead of 7! On ship for both Christmas and New Years!

I agree with another poster try a spirt class CCL ship. They seem to get the best reviews and most say it's their favorite CCL ship. I'm sailing the Legend in two weeks and can't wait to see it for myself.

The Voyager last summer sailed from NJ. You might want to check that out.

Carnival just opened up their sailings for 2006 summer. The prices are much higher than President's Week in Feb which is when we have cruised in the last few years. The Legend was very high compared to FL sailings.

We just sailed the Miracle and absolutely loved it!

:D Cheryl, this is the 'remark' from earlier today:

Cotton...I realize correcting you is kind of a Cruise Critic sin, but...QUOTE]

Oh well, I try to take things like that with a grain of salt and move on. Just kinda hurt my feelings, y'know?:o

:D Cheryl, this is the 'remark' from earlier today:

Cotton...I realize correcting you is kind of a Cruise Critic sin, but...QUOTE]

Oh well, I try to take things like that with a grain of salt and move on. Just kinda hurt my feelings, y'know?:o

Cotton, It appears that you have become a Cruise Critic "Icon" of sorts. That's a good thing in my book.:D

I was on the Carnival Legend last March, in the Carribean, and it was awesome...nearly perfect! The Legend is a beautiful ship. I was on the infamous 2/19 Glory cruise, and it wasn't just the shabby treatment we received after the mechanical problems, but the whole ship just lacked the class of the Legend.....

I myself can't say much as far as the other cruise lines, but my limited experience I've had good times on Carnival. A good time and experience is what you make of it. The first thing to consider is you're on "vacation" as short or long as it is, enjoy yourself. Don't take yourself or others around you to seriously. For the dollar value and what you receive on Carnival you tend to get a lot for your dollar. Compare the cost to what you'd pay at a beach resort just for the room, then add along food and such. Back in 1999 a friend and I went to the US Virgin Islands, and got an all inclusive at a resort. We had a great time, but upon further research after the trip, a cruise would have by far got us more for our money. That following fall I took my mom on my first cruise out of Miami (3day) on the Esctacy to Nassau, we had a great time. A lot of times those that complain a lot on vacations and such are those that complain about stuff in general, so with that you have to take some things with a grain of salt. Please note I'm not implying you're a complainer. Just making a statement. :D This Thursday will be my fourth cruise (4day), and am looking forward to it, and with that heading in a new direction (Mexico) I'm Already planning ahead and trying to work on my fifth, perhaps solo cruise. :)

Archived