Luftansa or Alitalilia - Which do you prefer?

artvlay

Lufthansa ans SWISS are two favorite airlines for travel to Europe. We have flown Lufthansa multiple times to Rome. They still serve wine in coach and service is very efficient.

How is the legroom. Thanks for the info

Lufthansa doesn't actually fly non-stop EWR-FCO. Their daily flight is a UA/LH/CO code share operated by Continental. LH-operated flights require transfer in Frankfurt or Munich.

Alitalia's flight is a code share with Delta, operated by Alitalia.

Both flights use 767 aircraft, so seating will be similar.

Personally I would select the CO flight for reliability, although Alitalia's food is usually better, at least in my opinion.

Bob

I wonder the class you are travelling. Aparently Lufthansa would be my choice but being Alitalia fitting a new Premium Economy on their planes, I would choose the italian option. Both are pretty safe.

OP asked specifically about Newark-Rome non-stops. Again, Lufthansa does not fly non stop EWR-FCO. The LH flight is a code share operated by Continental, an excellent airline.

So, comparisons between LH and AZ are irrelevant to OP's question.

OP asked specifically about Newark-Rome non-stops. Again, Lufthansa does not fly non stop EWR-FCO. The LH flight is a code share operated by Continental, an excellent airline.

OK, but their thread was titled "Luftansa or Alitalilia - Which do you prefer?" so I was giving advise on LH as one of our preferred airlines.

I was not checking their routing as assumption was they had narrowed choice to these two airlines.

NHBob is correct. OP, you would not be flying on LH if it was a nonstop; you'd be on a Continental plane, so the LH service is irrelevant. If you want to know about legroom, go to seatguru.com and look up your plane. Both LH and Alitalia seats on this aircraft have almost the exact same width and pitch in economy.

I would choose CO, simply because they are a lot easier to work with if there's a problem.

Archived